Phatbox Software

RS84

R15 - TDI Power
Reaction score
My Phatbox is on the way, sourced from good ol eBay. The unit I've bought is used and I'm not 100% sure whether it has the software with it.

Is it possible to download the software from anywhere?

(The Phatnoise site is currently down for maintenence so can't check there)

Phatnoise is no more, the site has been like that for a while.....

I might be able to help out if you get really stuck..... By the way, the software is only compatible with Windows XP, Vista is not supported and the voice prompts will not be created properly....

cheers

Gav

Thanks Gav, I may end up taking you up on that. Yeah I was aware that Phatnoise is no more alright, but I was on their site last week and it was operational (should have gotten the sw then), they had a notice up yesterday saying that the site was down for maintenence and should be back up by the end of the week so we shall see.

I'm sure I can source the software somewhere anyway, the internet is a big place! Is this what I'm after here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/GM-Phatnoise-Ph...1|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

That looks very similar.... my CD says Phatnoise Music Manager v1.87

I remember its possible to get a newer version of the software, but the componant that I could never download was the AT&T Voice Software, cant remember the exact name for it..... but this software does the creation of all the artist, song name tags, this is something like 600mb once installed, and thats the part that dont work with vista.

Hopefully yours will come with the software, if it dont we can sort something out I am sure... as I believe the licence is actually on/with the catridge.

There is a site called phathack, or www.Phatnoise.org they will be able to sort you out with the software, and also some nifty software to enable you to upgrade yourphatnoise hard drive see my post here. Mine is running 80gb now, after I ran out of space. I could not beleive how simple it was to use.