1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Phantom motor company?

Dave-S3 Jan 10, 2015

1. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Registered User

Anyone had any dealings with them, looking to possibly buy A3 black edition TDI from them, the car drove fine and was very clean and tidy, the only thing putting me off was the rotor wheels had been refurbed fairly cheaply and the calipers sprayed red again fairly badly (presumably by the garage to tart the car up, even though imo they didnt need it - as i said it was in clean and tidy condition) I have just been reading some internet reviews and some seem pretty bad, unsure if i should be taking much notice though as the car is an ex lease car on 92K with full audi history last serviced at 88k, with book and print offs so i know they are kosher, just wondering if anyone has any comments or first hand dealings as i know they sell alot of high performance audi, bmw, merc etc!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. S3 AEX

S3 AEX Registered User

People always like to leave reviews if they want to complain, it's the British way! If it's all Hpi clear an seems as it should I wouldn't worry plus your covered with 6 month warranty by law.

4. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Registered User

Going to see a 5 door BE in silver now somewhere else for similar money with all original wheels and coloured calipers. ;) I do agree and I review myself but when multiple reviews on different websites by different people all stating the same sort thing start to appear. It does make you wonder...

5. Jonneh

Jonneh Registered User

Is that the one in Wigan? I went to look at a couple of cars and it seems the bloke has a few different garages under his wing under various names. I'm not sure it put me off just was a bit odd. I didn't buy from there in the end though.

6. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Registered User

Yes that's the one. Yeah I'm not sure on them, I didn't know that but they certainly have a large selection of prestige stuff in there. It's a shame as the A3 Is in fantastic conditon. I'd have left the wheels & calipers alone and said to potential buyers we can have them done. It could be nothing and it could be as simple as they wanted to tidy up the car for potential buyers... Or the original wheels may have been swapped. They brought attention to the wheels in the advert too, stating that the "18's are like brand new" which got me suspicious when I saw the condition...

7. T8DPR

T8DPR Guest

A guy I work with also works for phantom, mainly delivering and collecting cars, he insists its a decent company and as you say, they sell a lot of high end cars, but it doesn't "feel right" when you're in there does it

(I lived very near there)

8. Dave-S3

Dave-S3 Registered User

I know what you mean, I'm not getting an A3 now, going to prioritise a little more and get a run about for the mrs and ill drive her 62 plate mini ;)

9. T8DPR

T8DPR Guest

don't put yourself through the torture of the mini, they're cack