Phantom Black S3 - Alloy Wheel Colour

SBW1987

Reaction score
I have been told about a new repairs garage that are now offering alloy wheel refurbs/cutting, and they are offering me £45 a corner to do whatever finish I want.

My alloys are currently a bit kerbed and I was thinking of having them re-skimmed and painted, but with my phantom black paint and OEM alloys, what does everyone think is the best paint finish to put on them?

any suggestions, or pictures you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

I'd refinish them in the factory silver, the BBS Pescaras on my Phantom Black A3 were re-done just before I bought it last summer and I think the combination can't be beaten.
Am not a fan of this current vogue of grey/black finished wheels , to me they just look perpetually dirty!
Silver FTW.

I agree on the black finish, otherwise I would have just bought the black edition!

I had been thinking of going for the hyper silver to offset against the black.

Yep hyper silver, black looks too dark as does graphite against a dark background and it so over done these days, maybe BBS Gold or copper.

Mine where this colour when I brought it. Didn't like them at first but I do now.

Thanks for the responses, I like the darker ones.

I was thinking that the door mirrors should match perhaps (not sure if they are close to hyper silver?) I am planning on fitting the RS3 all black grille on the front to match the fog light hexagonal grille and remove more of the chrome detail, so I want the alloys and mirrors to stand out.

Personally id go silver, if you kerb them again theyll show up being black, silver will hide it better

Cheers
Dave w

...id like to add, I didn't kerb them the previous owner did ;)

Reactions: S3dave1990