Phantom Black A4 Black Edition detailing advice for a newbie

NARMAK

Reaction score
Hi guys, been browsing the forum for a while now when looking for information on the B8 A4 from the experiences of the people who drive it everyday, but then when we actually took delivery of our new pride and joy, i turned my attention to how best to look after it.

I instantly started looking at the detailing section here but i thought it best to ask for some specific advice on how best to go about detailing the car.

I have never done any detailing whatsoever prior to this and didn't even know about all the dangers of causing scratches or even the more detailed knowledge of how to polish and protect.

I have had a look at the sticky thread and it definitely gave me a good idea about the starting points, but i have questions specific to my own situation and of course the budget,

We do not currently have a polisher machine and looking at things, i assumed on a new car it might not be necessary and don't think it would really be ideal on the budget as i'd rather the bulk go on actual products.

So, i want to know what you guys think is the best way to go about the detailing for a newbie within a budget of approximately 150-300 (sorry, the laptop pound sign is broke).

I thought that the PB Blackfire wet ice over fire kit would be the ideal product from start to finish to get the best possible look on the vehicle and i was gonna combine this with also buying the snow foam lance kit with meguiars hyper wash.

The problem is however that the pressure washer we currently have, is an RAC version that in fact, we haven't used yet as we need to find a proper hose connection but the actual kit on the PB site does not mention a fitment option for that model.

So, would i potentially have to buy a new pressure washer? Although not something i would want to do given we have one that potentially works, is the fitment similar to another brand that is listed?

So, in all, i just really want to know which type of products my time and money is best invested within to get the absolute best detailing for a newbie from the inside out and get crazy water beading.

Also its not practical for me to take off the wheels from the car in order to clean them but was wondering what the best methods would be given the above restrictions and budget.

Thank you

Hi mate

I can vouch for the blackfire kit its very good still one of my favourites for black paint... Would recomend it for you as its very easy to use and apply, gives good gloss wetness and reflection.

You may find that the RAC washer is just re a rebranded name take a photo of an attachment part and send it to they guys at polished bliss im sure they would be able to help out.

Thanks for the reply and yeah, i think sending a pic might be best but after doing a lttle bit of digging i have found that some people say it is the same as Lavor fitment but sending a picture would definitely put it to rest.

Thanks for the thumbs up on the blackfire kit and i was pretty keen on it. I don't think starting off with something 'Cheaper' like the poorboys kit and then going blackfire would be ideal, as i don't think i have any idea how to remove one type of product to replace the coating etc with another.

Think i'll just start with the blackfire wet ice over fire, but guess i will just need to wait till it's in stock again. Also, any of you guys placed multiple orders with Polished Bliss to take advantage of the free microfibre cloth offers they do?

I know they expire tommorow but if they extend or put similar, i would take advantage. The extra cloths would definitely come in handy for all the other products i will need it for.

Thanks for the replies guys & lady :D

I definitely think phantom black gives an amazing look with the right products & the pictures in the links & the sticky definitely prove it. I don't want to make the mistake of going to those nasty cheap car washes with a brand new car & causing all that damage. I think i may have done a little when we hand washed the car the one & only time so far since we had it but i think a bit of elbow grease & the right products should correct it immediately. *Fingers crossed*

We did use a fresh sponge BUT made schoolboy error with using same sponge for wheels & body *eek*. Lesson learned though before major damage occurs & now looking for proper detailing products so i can not only look after it but learn a valuable car care skill.I'll try & post up a pic of the pressure washer connector asap when i take a picture.

Just need to find a proper hose connector for the taps ets first to make sure it works. Its funny that i never thought about detailing at all & its importance for a great looking car but i think at age 21 & with a brand new A4 Black Edition to play with, its a great opportunity.I'll definitely take a look @ your site jen. The guides i read were very helpful in furthering my understanding. I'm looking to buy the products i need at the best price & i'm sure you guys will have products i may not find elsewhere.

Last edited:
Hi ladies and gents, its been a while since i've been able to update with family members in and out of hospital so yesterday i finally got round to taking pictures of the pressure washer and wanted to ask which fitment type i would need for the snow foam lance.

Heres the pics

PWsideshot.jpg

PWnozzle.jpg

Sorry bout the large size, i couldn't make em any smaller. The pressure washer is an 1800 watt RAC. The last pic doesn't show it at all, but theres a metal piece which i assume is for the water but again, i thought any and all information would help.

I'm starting to order products and so far bought some wolf's leather revival with 3 microfiber applicator pads and meguiars nxt glass cleaner with a free buffing towel. They were both on offer from polished bliss and looked a good buy.

I'm waiting to see what March offers are available on PB and other places before purchasing the rest of the stuff, which is substantial to say the least, and includes a Hard polishing kit with a DAS-6 polisher and Blackfire wet ice over fire kit when and if it comes back into stock soon, alongside with other bits and bobs, which add up to a not insignificant £500+ purchase *eeek*

But i think i'll try and detail a peoples dark coloured cars and make some money back if i get confident enough and do a good enough job on our own car.

Thanks for looking :)

QUICK UPDATE

Ok, so like any enthusiast, (read eager detailing nut) i have gone and built up my 'arsenal' of car care products and the list is as follows:

PB Advanced Wash Kit
Auto Finesse citrus power
Auto Finesse Finale
Auto Finesse Clay
Meguiars Tire Gel
Meguiars quick interior detailer
Wolf's leather conditioner
Meguiars NXT glass cleaner
Autoglym SRP
Meguiars NXT metal Polish
2 Meguiars foam applicator Pads (severely need a clean after being used to apply tyre gel - stupid, i know - and will be replaced with a proper tyre applicator pad)

And as of right now, i have the following on order from PB

Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire kit
Raceglase brush set
Meguiars quick detailer (To use as lube for the claybar)
3M masking tape

Now, i'm pretty sure i have all the products i need except for the pressure washer/snow foam/DA polisher i want

The pressure washer i have is practically useless (need an outside tap, the kitchen sink just leaks - even with numerous adapter thingamajigs) and therefore the snow foam is ruled out. Also, the DA just doesn't seem to fit into the budget.

I'd just like to get some advice on whats the best way to go about this detail. My situation is as the above but i do have a local petrol station with a jet wash that has a pressure washer i can use to blast the dirt off (or as much as possible). If i go in the dead of morning, i could even use a side tap located on the kiosk and give it the whole she-bang with proper wheel cleaning/2 bucket method and then dry the car in the car park area.

Once dry, its a short distance home. So i could start the claybar process then, and then give another rinse to get rid of all dirt etc before another dry down. Then try to use the products from the Blackfire kit, but the big issue i face here is that my house will probably start to fall into sunlight and the car is also parked on the outside pavement.

So, my question to the above, is if its ok to be applying those type of products in the sun as some Youtube vids recommend the shade and all the pros seem to do them in their own indoor environments.

I'm just stuck and would really appreciate the advice on how to finally go about the detailing when i do have the other products arrive.

Well youre nearly there mate.Blackfire is unbeatable on phantom.Flying insects think its a ****** pool when its done right.At dusk its incredible just like black glass and in the light loads of multi coloured flake pop.But whatever you do read the instructions....nearly all products state ' apply to a cool surface out fof direct sunlight'.Youll do more damage than good if you let it bake.Your RAC washer possibly has the alto/kew fitment....have a look on the pb site at the fitment or give em a bell.The meguiers hyperwash is crap as a snow foam...the foams ok but does nothing else.As a general washing shampoo its ok but dont expect anything else as a snow foam.Ultimate snow foam from Ultimate Snow Foam - 5 Litre | Snow Foam 5 Litre on the other hand is a diff story.Removes a fair amount of film etc.I must admit though that the citrus power is magical but too expensive for the whole car.A squirt and a jet wash cleaans everything, no need foe a mitt!!Amazing stuff.Ive just bought some iron x from juicy jens for my wheels....jeez this is great stuff! my wheels are now gleaming!!!
Blackfire will need regular attention to keep its beading...its not good for the long run.Collinite will last about six months ( i use it for over winter) but its no where near as sharp as bf.Differant people use differant products and have diff opinions...its a bit of trial and error but if you do your homework(sounds like you have) youll get there.Detailing a car to pb and jens standards is time consuming and demands a great amount of skill that takes years of experiance.Its not just a wash and polish!!Good luck, and before you try and da, try it on another car before yours to get a feel for it.I have pretented to sort a scratch out on the wifes today!!

Thanks a lot johnny, you've been really helpful and your suggestion of a different snow foam has definitely made me give that a second thought. I was planning on buying a snow foam kit but i think i may just start searching for a seperate combo of the products you've said.

On the pressure washer front, i'm keen to get an outside tap ASAP and even would like to pick up a more mainstream detailers pressure washer such as a Karcher eventually but the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' comes to mind and i've spent a lot of money already just buying the stuff, so waiting a bit might be ideal.

On the DA side of things, i have a VW polo that needs some serious TLC and the driveway on the side has two cars atm that are SORN which is why i can't use that when detailing the audi. Would have been ideal as that driveway is almost entirely in the shade the whole day when the sun is out.

I think i'll put the autoglym SRP to use on that. I was gonna use it on the Audi till i got hold of the Blackfire but my trigger happy finger added it to the basket when i saw low stock and it'll be here soon.

I also noticed how badly those insects are attracted to it when i was washing the car a few weeks ago and it was ****** annoying but also satisfying plucking them off one by one by their wings and flicking them for their inconvenience (no, not a sadist, just an annoyed detailer :p).

I think i might give Iron X a try when i run out of the stuff i currently have but thanks a lot for the suggestion on spraying citrus power to the lower half. I will do that next time and then pressure wash the car off. I'm still learning and little things like that help cut time off washing and making it much easier.

So, i think i'll use the citrus power on the lower half, agitate the wheels with the stuff from the advanced wash kit, then rinse the whole car at the jet wash, dry, then bring in home for the rest. I think i'll just have to find a cloudy day to use the blackfire stuff, which shouldn't be too hard as the weather still isn't full sunshine and lollipops yet.

Sorry for the long essay responses but i prefer to make my point in one go like a phone call rather than like a text message :D

no probs.sounds like a plan,can always try de dusting when you get it home after the jet wash.Normal running water will then be fine after the shampoo.What area are you from?

Bradford. (or Bradistan if you prefer lol)

We've got loads of cheap car washes and as i've learnt through my reading, the last time i took the polo, i made a point to show my mum why you shouldn't let those guys near the audi lol

I think i'll be getting a DA polisher sometime later this year as well as the pressure washer. Then my whole line up of products as an amateur is complete. My personal goal is to get pretty good on the audi so i can use it as an example of my work in order to detail other people's cars over summer and make some money before i am due back in university.

thats too far to use my washer!!!

It certainly is lol, but i'm very grateful for the offer :)

I'm just curious, but i know from when i look at the paintwork, although the car was bought new and covered less than 1000 miles. There are some scratches and quite a few cob-web swirl marks, primarily from the first wash the garage did probably with a sponge and stuff as well as my own mistake as to doing it with a sponge the first time and *maybe* a little from somewhat improper technique even with the right equipment :(

SO, would i need something like the cutting compounds or will the GEP from the Blackfire be enough to eliminate those minor issues. I don't mind buying a 'cheap' cutting compound to get rid of those swirl marks prior to the whole detail if it gets rid of them and some of the other scratches that have probably come from road use etc.

Also, i'm gonna try and get some pics up once i've got everything ready. It wouldn't be a nice not to considering all the help i've received. I think you guys deserve to see how much help you've given me and see the results :)

The gep will mask very slight marks, but thats it.It masks them.It 'fills' the scratches which in turn makes them disappear.A very fine abrasive compund such as 3m ultrafine might do it, but i cant say cos im on the same learning curve when it comes to da and removing scratches.Im ok with making it look pretty but this scratch/mark/swirl removal is a whole new ball game.The guides by juicy jen and pb should help.Cos thats what ill be using!!!

Thanks once again johnny

I think i'll just go with the whole 'fill' and mask them idea the first time when i do it by hand and once i've got my DA i'll use a cutting compound. I just watched a meguiars Youtube vid for the #105 and #205. I think PB recommend those in their hard paint kit which covers pretty much every german car.

237ml of the stuff will set me back £9.50 and should be enough to do the whole car. We actually have this round polisher which i think is an Orbital polisher. From everything i have read, it seems like DA is the advised route to go, but hey...if i've got the thing, its another few ££s saved and it might just be cheaper for me to buy a VAG panel piece at the local scrap and practice using that. ANy ideas?

I'm gonna go now cause i have to be up early for a uni lecture and i got an assignment deadline at 3pm, for which i still need to do references etc. But eagerly await to see responses to my hair brained idea and potential disaster in waiting or good fortune lol

I used Megs #205 on a white CG hexlogic pad to see if it would make any difference to a light scratch I have on one of the doors. It hasn't so I'll be trying a more aggressive pad next. If that doesn't work I'll get the #105. These polishes have different effects depending on the pad and the pressure you use.

I find the #105 and #205 an interesting combo as 205 has a cut something like 4/10 whereas 105 is 9/10. So 105 strikes me as a bit extreme for mild correction.

If I manage to banish the scratch I'll post so people know what did it in the end! Audi paint is indeed as rock hard as they say it is! :)

I used Megs #205 on a white CG hexlogic pad to see if it would make any difference to a light scratch I have on one of the doors. It hasn't so I'll be trying a more aggressive pad next. If that doesn't work I'll get the #105. These polishes have different effects depending on the pad and the pressure you use.

I find the #105 and #205 an interesting combo as 205 has a cut something like 4/10 whereas 105 is 9/10. So 105 strikes me as a bit extreme for mild correction.

If I manage to banish the scratch I'll post so people know what did it in the end! Audi paint is indeed as rock hard as they say it is! :)

Yeah, i have read that you should use the least agressive method first and it would be worth going with a more agressive cutting pad first before the #105. That stuff is listed as being really good on the VAG stuff but it'se better to do a baby step on correction.

I think #205 should be ok for me with the right pads providing the orbital polisher works and then i'm good to go with a test on a scrap yard panel.

Defnitely let me know how it goes though.

well ive given it a go today with the da.Having foamed it washed it iron-x'd it and clayed it, i washed it again ready for some elbow grease.(the iron x is a pig to rinse off).followed instructios to the letter, and even using the yellow pad with the green 3m stuff the spider web swirls are still there.Same deal with the meguires 105/205.Tomorrow is green pad time methinks.

Johnny, I've never had an issue with Iron X, did you let it dry? That's supposed to be the only time it's a pain to get off.

Like you I'm moving on. I've ordered an orange Hex Logic pad to try next with the Megs #205. I get the feeling I'm going to have a load of pads and possibly a bottle of #105 before I get this scratch out. I can't even feel it with a fingernail so it should be do-able but the paint is rock hard!

I've also ordered some Carpro Trix which is tar remover and Iron X all in one. Will see how I get on with that but looks like a time saver.

It's probably just technique mate. I found it hard to correct at first, but eventually I just slowed down. It's a time consuming job, which is why most detailers prices seem expensive. I find using the yellow pad and 3m polish, I do 4-5 passes at speed 2 very slowly to break the polish down until its almost clear. Then I change to speed 6 and do about 15-20 passes slightly faster. I then IPA wipe over and repeat if I need to. If you use the green pad and polish you might take off more than you need to, and you'll probably need to go over with the blue combination to remove marks caused by the machine. So you wouldn't save any time. It's all trial and hopefully no error.

A4BEfront.png

A4BEside.png

Rim.jpg

Exhaust.jpg

And now the Goodies!!

Goodies.jpg

BFPolysh.jpg

IMG00174-20120330-2011.jpg

SRPR222.jpg

DetailingBrushes.jpg

Microfibers.jpg

MidnightSunWax.jpg

Now there are a few things not being shown like:

Lambswool Mitt
Microbiber Mitt
Microfiber Drying towel
Wheel Woolies

And some other microfiber towls but you get the main pics of the real bulk of the products. Some of the picture quality is poor cause the camera was a blackberry, not a digital as i've run out of batteries.

The car hasn't actually been detailed yet and i will be doing that over this weekend. All that has been done in the pics is use of the Advanced Wash Kit, 3M car soap, Megs Nxt Metal Polysh, Auto Finesse Finale and some Megs glass cleaner.

Hopefully i can get some pics up that represent properly what i managed to coax out of the Blackfire products and those will be forthcoming over the weekend if possible. Thanks for all the advice guys and its got me to where i am. I'd also like to thank Juicy Jen and the guys at Polished Bliss. I will be certainly buying some products off Jen very soon, as almost all have come from the guys at PB but i spied a few on Jen's site that are getting irresistible when replacement time comes up.

Also, i think she will be my first step when it comes to a snow foam kit and some DA action :D

Last edited:
i have a feeling that i might be a bit too hasty.Ill give it longer i think .Cant understand how hard paint can scratch so easy!!The iron x didnt dry, but foamed a lot when i was washing it off.three rinses and a wash before it went! Think ill just use it on the wheels in future.Thanks guys...round two in the morning!!

Nice work mate. Where did you get the detailing brushes from?

I got them (Race glaze brush set) & whole lot from the guys at Polished Bliss apart from the Megs polysh, Autoglym SRP & Megs Interior cleaner.

Now, since i'm gonna be doing this over the weekend, i need some advice ASAP. I have the whole Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire kit, but can anybody tell me which product i can put multiple layers of?

I know that some places say you can do 2-3 coats of one product, then 2-3 of the other and 1-2 of the wax. But unlike the 15 mins or so of the GEP, and sealant, you have to wait 24hrs for the wax to cure. I'm hoping to do the whole thing in a day by hand but sunshine may be an issue, cause i haven't actually checked the forecast yet. May not go ahead if its particularly bad weather.

i look forward to the results :icon_thumright:

Thanks. Just checked the weather guys and looks like i have a mostly clear run from 7am to 4pm on saturday to get the bulk of the work done before the sun comes out and i gotta see whether i still got enough shade/lack of sun to work with in my area. Sunday is looking a little worse with only 7am to 10am before the sun rears its head, but then 4pm to 7pm on the sunday where the sun seems to duck down in my area.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking, the Black Panther project is T minus 9 hours away from launch. Please observe all the :hubbahubba: :superman: this thread is about to deliver, Thank you"

I got them (Race glaze brush set) & whole lot from the guys at Polished Bliss apart from the Megs polysh, Autoglym SRP & Megs Interior cleaner.

Now, since i'm gonna be doing this over the weekend, i need some advice ASAP. I have the whole Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire kit, but can anybody tell me which product i can put multiple layers of?

I know that some places say you can do 2-3 coats of one product, then 2-3 of the other and 1-2 of the wax. But unlike the 15 mins or so of the GEP, and sealant, you have to wait 24hrs for the wax to cure. I'm hoping to do the whole thing in a day by hand but sunshine may be an issue, cause i haven't actually checked the forecast yet. May not go ahead if its particularly bad weather.

you can put multiple layers of the sealant on, but especially the midnight sun wax if you have any.I bought a load of bf from the states about 18 months ago, and it came with a guide/product cd.if you pm me, i can forward it to you either as a nero disc image or as seperate pdf's (dont know how to combine!!)

you can put multiple layers of the sealant on, but especially the midnight sun wax if you have any.I bought a load of bf from the states about 18 months ago, and it came with a guide/product cd.if you pm me, i can forward it to you either as a nero disc image or as seperate pdf's (dont know how to combine!!)

Ah, thanks a lot. I'm actually in the middle of doing it right now. I've just done a quick test panel to make sure i get my technique right for the sealant. I layered the EGP twice cause i rubbed on and rubbed off after a few mins when it told me on PB site you can leave it for up to 15 mins.

I have the whole kit so i'm gonna be doing two layers of the sealant and then going to do a double layer of the wax but leave 24 hrs between the coats to make sure that i let it cure properly (See Jen, i do pay attention to you posts :wub:). I'm hoping i can finish the whole thing today and just apply the 2nd wax layer tommorow.

Just a quick question, when the wax is pretty hard, how do i soften it up till i get something that i can actually use?

PS - Plenty of piccies take and one you may find hilarious or pretty pathetic xD and i was like :hubbahubba: with just the EGP applied.

Now, back to the Black Panther cause i'm like this :jump: atm

you can warm the wax a bit by leaving it in the sun, or put it in a watertight plastic bag and stick it in the sink wth hot water for a bit.But it is a firm wax.You will be gobsmacked when youve done it, it really is good stuff

you can warm the wax a bit by leaving it in the sun, or put it in a watertight plastic bag and stick it in the sink wth hot water for a bit.But it is a firm wax.You will be gobsmacked when youve done it, it really is good stuff

Ah, looks like i'll let it bake in the sun a bit, gives midnight sun a more literal meaning lol.

I'm now on the home straight for today lol. Just the wax to apply to the car and some megs Nxt metal polysh and tyre gel for the wheels. Its been a long day but just ****** flown by cause i was so consumed in the detailing. Started at the crack of dawn and its 5.30pm almost. The sun stayed almost completely out the way today and tommoro should be clear at the time i need to re-apply the wax.

Thanks Joe. I've got loads of pics that i took on my 5 megapixel Xperia play. Hopefully they did a good enough job but nothing compares to really seeing the stuff in person. Its come up really shiny. My only wish is that i had a DA to sort some of the scratches BUT thats a whole other level of work for an amateur like myself lol.

Ok guys, back to the job at hand. Quicker i finish, the quicker i eat lol

Hi guys. Got a 'little' update for you. Finally got the pics onto my laptop, onto photbucket and ready to view for your pleasure.

Ok, here we go.......

First up is my attempt at snow foam. No really...it was....just not as you know it. Its called the tyre cleaner/something else on the jetwash button at Morrison and provides this....

MorrisonsSnowFoam.jpg

Next up we have the trusty wash method we all use +1, yeah, you heard right. I took it to another level. Ladies & Gents, welcome the 3 bucket method, with buckets like you never seen before... :jester:

3bucketmethod.jpg

Heres the result from that once dried....

Singlewash.jpg

Singlewashangled.jpg

Singlewashsideview.jpg

Now, it's Clay Time..... :scared2:

claytime.png

Contamination....

Contamination.jpg

Not much to speak of really as it was a brand new car with less than 1000 miles, but the contamination that did come off was mostly from the lower half as expected.

Now, after claying i took it back to the jet wash and once home i dried off and was left with this.....

Clayed.jpg

Clayedsideview.jpg

Clayedreflection1.jpg

Not a bad base eh? :cool:

Once clayed, it was time for the Blackfire GEP and from a single coat this is what i managed (reflections an all)

BlackfireGEP.jpg

GEPfrontview.jpg

GEPsideview.jpg

GEPreflection.jpg

Now, time for some protection, 50:50 (right side is WDAFPP in case your wondering), reflection and full car shots of Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection in action .....:weight_lift2:

WDAFPP.jpg

WDAFPP5050.jpg

WDFAPPfront.jpg

WDAFPPsideview.jpg

WDAFPPreflection.jpg

And this is just a quick shot of the front view when i applied a second coat of WDAFPP (even a mouthful to type lol)

WDAFPPcoat2front.jpg

By this time, the sun had come out a little when i was finishing off the second coat and i gotta say, i was mighty impressed by the flake pop

Flakepop2.jpg

Flakepop1.jpg

And that is all the pics i have to show for now, because since those were taken i finished the car off on saturday with a single wax coat of the blackfire midnight sun and this sunday with some Meguiars nxt metal polsyh on the wheels, exhaust and Megs tyre gel.

Then did the interior with a quick hoover (yeah right, quick lmao), Megs interior detailer for the dash etc. Then cleaned the door shuts with Auto Finesse citrus power and a brush before using a microfibre and the blackfire quick detailer. Then proceeded to use Meguiars glass cleaner on the interior and exterior windows before going over the whole car with the blackfire quick detaier.

I have one more coat of wax to add and i'm holding off posting final pics, cause i want something a little artistic to show off the final result.

My thought on the Blackfire Wet Ice over Fire kit is that it is GOOD, really good BUT because i'm a perfectionist and it can't hide all the swirl marks, i got a real nagging feeling of how much more i could coax out of the kit if i machine polished the minor swirls out before applying the kit and then when i do apply it, using a DA.

This kit has more potential to unleash so for those of you with a DA, i would say buy this kit, some polishing compound and enjoy! I've received almost non-stop compliments and loads of looks and all this was done by hand from an amateur on his first ever 'Virgin; cherry popping experience. I consider it popped :sex: and next time with a DA the results will be even more :hubbahubba:

Hope you enjoyed that almost as much as i did :beerchug:

Last edited:
Great results, especially for a beginner - gives me some confidence that once I get some more kit I'll be able to make mine look this good :p

Great results, especially for a beginner - gives me some confidence that once I get some more kit I'll be able to make mine look this good :p

Thanks, just takes some time, elbow grease and i would definitely advise you read up on how to do everything. The wax stage i found it best to do small sections at a time and really do apply as think a coat as possible, the stuff can dry really quick so be really quick to buff off as soon as your done on the section.

Don't forget to post up :p

Very nice. That blackfire really does make the flake pop up close. Loving the 3 bucket method, but one of the buckets looks like its still got something floating around in it. Investing in a DA is never a bad idea. Not only would you be able to correct, it'll also help take your finish to another level. Be careful though, looks like like your about to jump head first into the detailing money pit! I'll see you at the bottom.

Very nice. That blackfire really does make the flake pop up close. Loving the 3 bucket method, but one of the buckets looks like its still got something floating around in it. Investing in a DA is never a bad idea. Not only would you be able to correct, it'll also help take your finish to another level. Be careful though, looks like like your about to jump head first into the detailing money pit! I'll see you at the bottom.

Nah, the bucket just had some dark stain from when i previously used it as a rinse bucket, especially from when i got round to the wheels. On the DA front, i actually posted up here that i have an oribital polisher lying around that my father used a while back BUT i'm not sure if its suitable as theres literally no speed dial on it and definitely going to need more pads, which i'm not sure what size they need to be.

If the orbital polisher is good enough, then i'm set and i've also got a pressure washer but until i get an outside tap, its out of the question. As for it being a money pit, i know what you mean. My family kinda think i'm nuts and so do my mates, cause let's face it, not many people understand the difference between detailing and the £3 car washes that are on offer these days. You have to show them really. I'm planning on selling my skills for a 'low' price compared to what people would usually get charged in the hope i can make the money back and also maybe make a little bit of pocket money. University student an all, it tends to come in handy for some books or games lol