Phantom Black A4 Black Edition detailing advice for a newbie

Good job mate!! Sounds like youve got the bug!.Whats the deal on the last pic...is that a scuff?

Good job mate!! Sounds like youve got the bug!.Whats the deal on the last pic...is that a scuff?

Think it was just the way the light reflected off it + not properly buffing product off. Theres a few scratches that i'm itching to get rid of as well as eliminate pretty much all the swirl marks but got to say, its quite an improvement on what i could see before i did this.

Would say at minimum a 50% improvement in the appearance of the swirls (remember, they are very, very fine as its a new car) and even up close in the sunlight, they don't show up as badly.

Take a bow Narmark, that is an excellent job. I think you have given all us beginners a good insight in what can actually be achieved.

Take a bow Narmark, that is an excellent job. I think you have given all us beginners a good insight in what can actually be achieved.

Thanks a lot joe. Really proud of my first go but so badly itching to try and take it to the next level lol. Money and patience are only just holding me back lol.

Time to go find that orbital DA polisher and some pads to use on the web. Might send Jen and the guys at PB an e-mail to find out whether its gonna be ok to use it. Would certainly help cut costs right down and start making some back lol

I'm a student without much commitments on a easter holidat break so have time in abundance at the moment but if you don't, just take it nice and easy while spreading the work over a few days/week. Just remember to clean the car before beginning the next stage i guess.

I'm striving to get as good a result as Juicy Jen and the guys @ PB. So keep an eye out for Black Panther details in the future lol

Hi guys. I haven't had a chance to do another layer of wax on the car yet. Weathers not really playing ball with us at the moment.

I was just wondering, is their anything in the jetwash tyre/wheel cleaner setting that could cause the wax/sealant/polish combo do diminish slightly in effect or would it be ok to use?

I'm thinking of just sticking with a few squirts of Auto finesse citrus power on the dirty lower half, quick blast of the jet wash round the car and concentrated on such areas, then using a two bucket method before second rinse down. Think the water beadings ok-ish, but second and maybe triple layer of wax will pick it up a bit.

My last question is on actually stripping off all the products when it comes time to machine polish the swirls out, and re-apply the products with a DA. How would i go about doing this?

Thanks for reading

dont use the tyre wash on the paint cos they might have a truck wash type additive in, and gep will remove whats on there, tardis certainly will.That citrus stuf really is the dogs isnt it?

dont use the tyre wash on the paint cos they might have a truck wash type additive in, and gep will remove whats on there, tardis certainly will.That citrus stuf really is the dogs isnt it?

Yeah, it really lifts the grime off when its been on there a few days and dried in a little. I'm actually gonna discontinue the tyre setting and just stick to a pure jet wash pressure with water. I'll just evaluate whether its still got same level of reflection etc once its been cleaned up. Certainly hope so, i spent long enough trying to get it clean!

Some great tips here for washing black. Always found it to be a pig when I had the S3. If I go for another black car I will using these products. Yours has turned out great