PH JUNE South East Gathering - 25/06/13

cossie333

Reaction score
Date:
Tuesday 25th June

Time:
6:00pm until when everyone finally buggers off (Although the restaurant closes at 9pm)

Venue:
Boutique Hotel, Functions and Dining | The Grasshopper Inn

Menu for Food:
Dine | The Grasshopper Inn

Google Streetview for those wondering about access into the car park:
The Grasshopper Inn, Westerham Road, Westerham - Google Maps

It's a really gorgeous venue! Very picturesque, very quaint and luxurious inside! Parking for well north of 150-175+ vehicles...& essentially we can make it our own for the evening once I mentioned our projected numbers. The road is ideally suited for some sedate flybys as well to properly listen to the V8's we had at the last one!
C:\Users\Jack\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

Address:
The Grasshopper Inn
Moorhouse (A25), near Westerham
Kent, TN16 2EU

Sits LESS than 10 min south of Junction 6 of the M25!

Outside is a raised deck area with picnic tables so we can all eat out there, inside people can have a very nice sit down meal! Beautiful surroundings indoors and catering for car gatherings is something the folks there are quite used to doing.

So without further ado!

List from PH SO FAR
1. ironic (Umair) - Z4 + MP4 12C - Eating!
2. Dalto123 (Phil) - Nissan Micra - Not eating.
3. Neiljohnson - focus not eating
4. Codswallop (Nik) - Monaro CV8 - maybe eating
5. Lordbenny (Andy) - Orange Westy
6. Poko & OH (Paddy) - MX5 - eating!
7. Maxmc2 - HSV GTO - Not eating
8. Sardonicus - TVR Chimaera - Eating
9. SWH (Simon) - GTV V6 - Possibly eating
10. danjudd86 - st170 - not eating
11. Scruggs (Pete) - Tuscan - eating
12. Mrs Scruggs (Debra) - Chimaera 500 - eating
13. Andy1983Andy. - Fiesta XR2 - not eating
14. cossie333 - rover 211 - not eating
15. James/ Nikkie P - Caterham - probably eating
16. TimDee - 330ci - not eating
17. Cotty - Elise - not eating
18. V8 FOU + Saab Milf - Ford F1 or Saab convertible or.. - poss eating
19. ironict - Another driver! Plymouth Prowler + 1 classic bit of Americana!
20. ironict - The Ghostbusters Car...I'm not kidding.
21. Cheeky172 - (Peter Abi) Z4 - not eating
22. Big E - M3 - Eating
23. greengreenwood7 - Tiger R6 - not eating
24. Wingco - Robin Hood - not eating
25. SP230R26 - Megane - Not Eating
26. SPT28+1 - 330ci - Eating
27. SirSagalot - Sagaris - Eating
28. saintS400 (Mark) - S4 B8 MRC'd - Eating
29. Ash-GT - car tbc - not eating
30. NiceCupOfTea - TVR S2 or Saab 900 T16S - not eating
31. Liamsp - Celica GT4 or shed - Not eating
32. Geekman - Jaguar XJ6 - Eating
33. danjama (Daniel) - Toyota mr2 mk2 - maybe eating
34. fathead431 (robin) - stupidly low rover 45 - probably eating
35. CSully 94 (Callum) - BMW E46 330Ci - probably not eating
36. AlleyCat - MG ZS freshly back from Le Mans the day before - maybe eating
37. JamesHayward - Mazda MX5 because no Honda S2000
38. Geoff Stilwell - Jaguar XKR S
39. sixspeed - Audi RS6
40. RKi - Evo 6 maybe eating
41. Adamwalker19A - E92 M3 or S2000
42. Crockett - Dax Cobra - not eating
43. Saucyboy - R35 GTR
44. Simes205 - 205Mi16 - not eating
45. Assad - Alfa Romeo 156 GTA - probably eating
46. Amit - 997 Carrera - probably eating
47. Snowolf - vxr8
48. Rammon - monaro vxr (work permitting) - not eating
49. JamienShelly - TVR Chimaera
50. SnoopD + 1 - 997 Turbo Cab - Not eating as will be a bit late arriving.
51. Rossi1 - BMW 328i sport + BMW Z3M Roadster - Not eating
52. DasChin - BMW e30 M3. maybe eating
53. Damcat7 - Caterham. Maybe eating (our 1st PH meet)
54. Grondo - Ferrari 550 - not eating
55. Lil - Focus RS Mk2 Mr375 and Fiesta ST 2013 - not eating
56. KevJagman - ?
57. MaximumD - Focus ST170 (and possibly +1 with E60 M5)
58. Gruffy - Dax Rush MC ( for sale )

Hi Jack,

Have you checked with Umair about if it's okay to post this in here?

Chris

Last edited:
just asked him on fb waiting for reply, ive been speaking to him and he did say to encourage more people though :)

you coming mate?

just asked him on fb waiting for reply, ive been speaking to him and he did say to encourage more people though :)

you coming mate?

Beat you to it mate, just got a reply and he said its all good :)

Yep I'll be there- been to a few of his meets before and know a good 1/4 of the people on the list ;-)

Have you been to the place before? Or any other of his meets?

Chris

Last edited:
nope its my first PH meet as i only past my test just under a month ago, never been to his other meets only to a few retro ford meets :-D

are these usually good?

are these usually good?

Well congratulations on passing- first time was it?

In terms of these meets - I can't complain about any of the previous ones...Umair started them last year at a smaller location, however its grown and grown and still growing now, so the venue was moved. They started with 20-30 cars and now at a good solid 50+ throughout the night.

As you can see its organised on PH- so pure petrol heads; not any of this 'scene' stuff tbh- that belongs at prept IMO. So it does look pretty different to that ford meet you posted- will be more formal in a way as its situated at a really nice English country pub with quality food and a nice area. I am meaning to build up to a similar venue for an ASN meet in the future - but need to get the first meet under my belt first :)

I've seen some amazing cars and met some great people at this meet. Ill post a few pictures up of previous events I personally took - I haven't been disappointed in any I've attended to date. I'm just hoping the weather holds out as the more sunny it is- the more super/hyper/rare cars come out.

Chris if you end up going pm me as I may pop down as its only 10 mins away from me

I'm pretty sure ill be going mate.....the only 2 meets I've missed was due to car issues :( so 'touch wood' nothing happens! I'll drop you a PM and update this thread before hand though :)

Lmfao @ number 20 on the list- only just clocked that! Hahaha

Well congratulations on passing- first time was it?

In terms of these meets - I can't complain about any of the previous ones...Umair started them last year at a smaller location, however its grown and grown and still growing now, so the venue was moved. They started with 20-30 cars and now at a good solid 50+ throughout the night.

As you can see its organised on PH- so pure petrol heads; not any of this 'scene' stuff tbh- that belongs at prept IMO. So it does look pretty different to that ford meet you posted- will be more formal in a way as its situated at a really nice English country pub with quality food and a nice area. I am meaning to build up to a similar venue for an ASN meet in the future - but need to get the first meet under my belt first :)

I've seen some amazing cars and met some great people at this meet. Ill post a few pictures up of previous events I personally took - I haven't been disappointed in any I've attended to date. I'm just hoping the weather holds out as the more sunny it is- the more super/hyper/rare cars come out.

I'm pretty sure ill be going mate.....the only 2 meets I've missed was due to car issues :( so 'touch wood' nothing happens! I'll drop you a PM and update this thread before hand though :)

Lmfao @ number 20 on the list- only just clocked that! Hahaha

cheers mate and yes first time :) i know jamie and shelly in the tvr chimera and ive spoken to Umair through FB.
And yer im number 14 i think on the list the wee rover ;-) fat old PH sticker on the back though haha.

yer i hope the weathers good as its the last meet i can come to before going to france immediatly followed by czech republic but it does look good.

Here's a few pics of the previous meet I went to...only phone pics so not amazing quality, and have my winter wheels on! Lol

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 197
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 184
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Sandra
ohhh shhhhhhh i cant wait ;-) come and say hi if you see me arrive :_D

Yeah will do, but tbh chances are I'll be having a chat with some people I know- I was very disappointed with myself because I totally missed seeing a Porsche 911 997 sport classic come and go; and there pretty ****** rare 1/250 made or something like that.

I'll let you know what I'm wearing on the day because I'm not putting a name badge on :) lol

UPDATE:

So I was speaking to the organiser (Umair) the other night and it turns out there is about 90+ attending this meet now.

Met office have predicted a nice evening tomorrow - so I should be there from around 6-9pm.

I know of a few owners who will be bringing there supercars along and hopefully Lamborghini Sevenoaks brings something special again.....so it's lining up to be a good one :)

Reactions: cossie333
Just been told there's about 110+ attending now....must be this lovely sunshine we have at the moment that's getting more people involed :)

I'm going to be pretty hard pushed for time....finish work in a couple of hours- drive home to give the car a quick rinse, get changed and get to the place! lol

Plus phone reception is not the best at the venue....I'm aiming to be there from 6pm onwards and will have my bright blue air max 90s on, jeans, with a pink and blue jumper :rock:

A great meet last night.....

Everything from a Rover Metro to a Porsche Carrera GT turned up.....with well over 100+ cars throughout the evening.

I'll get some pictures up shortly of a pick of some of the cars :)

yer i was a a very good meet, loved it

I think I may have saw you....but I'm not in the habit of approaching teenage boys and introducing myself to them when I have no idea on what you look like or what you was wearing! haha

Was you with another lad? I think you may have taken a picture of me whilst I was in my mates red GTR, after coming back from a little drive to show me his decat and remap to 550bhp :)

Just like to say thank you to all those that took there prize motors they were great really enjoyed seeing them, hope that another meet can be held there.

Glad you all enjoyed. Chris, looking forward to the pics, lol, im waiting!!!!!! :) x

Just like to say thank you to all those that took there prize motors they were great really enjoyed seeing them, hope that another meet can be held there.

Hi Tony, what car did you attend in?

Hopefully there will be another meet, but may have to look for a larger venue! lol

And Sandra- have patience :p

Hi Tony, what car did you attend in?

Hopefully there will be another meet, but may have to look for a larger venue! lol

And Sandra- have patience :p

Lmao Chris, i want everything yesterday and twice as much tomorrow. :)x

Lmao Chris, i want everything yesterday and twice as much tomorrow. :)x

If anyone every doubts if Sandra is really a female....this quote will bring all doubts to an end! lol :) x

I think I may have saw you....but I'm not in the habit of approaching teenage boys and introducing myself to them when I have no idea on what you look like or what you was wearing! haha

Was you with another lad? I think you may have taken a picture of me whilst I was in my mates red GTR, after coming back from a little drive to show me his decat and remap to 550bhp :)

Hi mate, had to come up with parents as I ****** my.car but will hopefully be at the next one.in mine.
I was with my mate yes, I was wearing a grey tshirt and beige chinos? I think I saw you go out in ,it (lucky sod),.were you in a blue sweater?
Feel free to approach me mate, ill.do the same once I.know who you are :)

Hi mate, had to come up with parents as I ****** my.car but will hopefully be at the next one.in mine.
I was with my mate yes, I was wearing a grey tshirt and beige chinos? I think I saw you go out in ,it (lucky sod),.were you in a blue sweater?
Feel free to approach me mate, ill.do the same once I.know who you are :)

Hmmmmm I think I remember seeing you- but it did get very busy with a full car park!
Yeah it was an experience going in my mates GTR- he knows how to drive and gave it full beans in 2nd gear from about 40mph and it was just savage!

I had a pink sweater with blue bits on it and a massive grin on my face when I came back in the GTR! lol Come over and say hi next time. I'll get some pictures up later no today as I was having issues with the internet last night :( Did you get many?

okay pal, i can imagine, very jelous ;-)
Thats it i do remmeber who you were and yes will do next time, got a few snaps ill try get some up soon

So apologies it's taken so long for me to upload my pictures, but I've been having a nightmare with my Internet Wifi since I got a new router.

Anyway, here are a selection of a few of the best pictures. If you don't like at least one of these cars then I'm not sure what planet your from :think: lol

PhotoImageImage 4Image 2Image 1ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

At last, i want twice as many tomorrow x

At last, i want twice as many tomorrow x

Tomorrow? You mean Saturday :p lol

Day after tomorrow ;-)

I don't think I'll be able to pull of the variety of cars! lol