Pfl vs fl remap

Goubo1

Reaction score
Does both cars remap to the same power/ torque at stage one ??

No
FL stage 1 produces more than PFL stage 1 obviously

Reactions: FBF01 and RS4B5
PFL gets approx 430-440ps and 600-630nm of torque.

FL gets more like 470-480ps and 650-700nm of torque.

Was just curios as thought the face lift might have just had software tweaks to get the extra power

Was just curios as thought the face lift might have just had software tweaks to get the extra power
Brand new engine. Seems to tune very well.

Reactions: Goubo1
Brand new engine. Seems to tune very well.
My only concern would be as its a new engine, can it take the power, thats not been proven yet, the PFL is a very well known package and folks know the safe limits, i am sure in time all will be good but you never know :)

My only concern would be as its a new engine, can it take the power, thats not been proven yet, the PFL is a very well known package and folks know the safe limits, i am sure in time all will be good but you never know :)

Apparently the new engine is even more overbuilt and the internals are stronger, or at least that's what Litchfield reckon.

Facelift has a bigger turbo and will max out at around 550hp eventually, tuners have got them up to around 530hp at the moment on Stage 2.

As to the engines, there’s a tuner over in the US (Iroz Motorsports, give them a follow) who are trying to find the limits of the engine. Their car is producing close to 800hp at the moment and no failures yet. It’s torque that will kill his engine, not power, so he is upping the torque gradually until a rod exits the block.

An evolution it would appear to the cast iron engines in the PFL.

Reactions: dno_uk, D0C, FBF01 and 1 other person
Personally i would wait and see, you never know what issues may be found even in the stock engine, also does anyone know if its running the same gearbox and clutch setup? That may also limit the power gains..

Personally i would wait and see, you never know what issues may be found even in the stock engine, also does anyone know if its running the same gearbox and clutch setup? That may also limit the power gains..

I think Iroz are using the stock gearbox and clutch, but I can't see it lasting long myself. In some of their videos you can hear the clutch slipping really badly.