PFL to FL Dynamic Taillights conversion guide

Guys,

I Wan't to make this retrofit and i have FL Sportback with halogen tail light, some one already do it ? unfortunately is more difficult than a retrofit from a PFL led.

If some one can share diagram of the BCM of an Halogen FL and Dynamic FL. Because no one give clearly the info about that ...

if you have any info could be help full for me.

thanks

Guys,

I Wan't to make this retrofit and i have FL Sportback with halogen tail light, some one already do it ? unfortunately is more difficult than a retrofit from a PFL led.

If some one can share diagram of the BCM of an Halogen FL and Dynamic FL. Because no one give clearly the info about that ...

thanks
I have replied to your message in another post I think.. let me know how you doing with this retrofit

Any tips on NAR pre-FL LED -> NAR FL Dynamic retrofit? Outer lights have 5 pins, not 6 like the EU versions...

About to buy the housings/pins and experiment.

Any tips on NAR pre-FL LED -> NAR FL Dynamic retrofit? Outer lights have 5 pins, not 6 like the EU versions...

About to buy the housings/pins and experiment.
PFL US model LED cluster Light:
Left Outer (6pin connector):
Pin 5=Brown (Ground)
Pin 3=Blue (Left brake and turn signal bulb 2)
Pin 2= Blue/Yellow (Left brake and turn signal bulb)
Pin 1= Blue/White (Rear left side marker bulb) >>links to Pin 4-Red/Brown >> links to Left Inner

Left Inner (8pin connector)
Pin 4= Red/Brown (Left tail light bulb)
Pin 6= Grey (Left brake and turn signal bulb 3)
Pin 7= Red/White (Rear left fog light bulb)
Pin 1= Blue/Black (Left reversing light bulb)
Pin 8= Brown (Ground)

Right Inner (8pin connector)
Pin 2=Brown (Ground)
Pin 7=Red/Green (Right reversing light bulb)
Pin 1=Green/Yellow (Rear right fog light bulb)
Pin 6=Red/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb 3)
Pin 4= Yellow/Brown (Right tail light bulb) >>links to Right Outer>>Yellow/Brown Pin 4 of 6 pin connector

Right Outer (6 pin connector)
Pin 4=Yellow/Brown >>links to Pin 1
Pin 1=Red/Green (Rear right side marker bulb)
Pin 2=Purple/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb)
Pin 3=Green/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb 2)
Pin 5=Brown (Ground)

Reactions: yakev724
PFL US model LED cluster Light:
Left Outer (6pin connector):
Pin 5=Brown (Ground)
Pin 3=Blue (Left brake and turn signal bulb 2)
Pin 2= Blue/Yellow (Left brake and turn signal bulb)
Pin 1= Blue/White (Rear left side marker bulb) >>links to Pin 4-Red/Brown >> links to Left Inner

Left Inner (8pin connector)
Pin 4= Red/Brown (Left tail light bulb)
Pin 6= Grey (Left brake and turn signal bulb 3)
Pin 7= Red/White (Rear left fog light bulb)
Pin 1= Blue/Black (Left reversing light bulb)
Pin 8= Brown (Ground)

Right Inner (8pin connector)
Pin 2=Brown (Ground)
Pin 7=Red/Green (Right reversing light bulb)
Pin 1=Green/Yellow (Rear right fog light bulb)
Pin 6=Red/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb 3)
Pin 4= Yellow/Brown (Right tail light bulb) >>links to Right Outer>>Yellow/Brown Pin 4 of 6 pin connector

Right Outer (6 pin connector)
Pin 4=Yellow/Brown >>links to Pin 1
Pin 1=Red/Green (Rear right side marker bulb)
Pin 2=Purple/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb)
Pin 3=Green/Brown (Right brake and turn signal bulb 2)
Pin 5=Brown (Ground)
Right that took some time lol

Anyone have an adaptation map for a FL NAR car with dynamic tails from factory?

Pinging the US boards as well...

Hi,

I've done the conversion from pre-FL LED (NAR) -> FL Dynamic LED (NAR). Wiring is similar to factory FL wiring diagram (repurposing no-longer-used pins C3/C9 so as to not have to run wires to the BCM pins B10/B21). The only wiring change required is a single wire from pin 6 of the inner lights (doesn't exist in pre-FL car) which splices into the pin 5 wire of the outer lights on each side. After coding, these serve as the 12V feed discussed in this thread.

I applied coding from the admap of a NAR 2019 RS3. However, the pins which send power to the dynamic modules in the lights (BCM pins B10/B21 or Channels 2/3 on FL) have values which I cannot apply. On the left side for example, the 'Lichtfunktion A' for the channel is 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links', which isn't available to me (VCDS 18.9.0). Instead there is one which sounds similar - 'Aktive Blinkfunktion hat ein auf 1 gesetztes zugeordnetes Bit in pa_dynamisch_blinken'. When I apply this, (with the rest of the channel coded as per FL admap), dynamic indicators don't work. If instead I change Lichtfunktion A to 'Klemme 30G' (as per ShopDAP retrofit coding), the dynamic indicators work fine. Do i need a newer version of VCDS to be able to apply this value? The one that is available to me claims that a bit must be enabled in 'pa_dynamisch_blinken' - any idea what this means?

I have one problem though when using the 'Klemme 30' approach. When I step on the brake, the turn signals come on dynamically, not solid/immediately as they should. In other words, the turn signals are always dynamic, regardless of whether they are on as a result of turning, hazards, unlock, or brake activation. Maybe the 12V power to the dynamic modules coding isn't the issue (after all, it is just constant power, right?) and instead there is an issue with the coding of the lights features themselves. Below is the coding for the 'Brake Light/Turn Signal' pin of the inner and outer Left light, respectively. Can someone please take a look and let me know if something needs to be changed so the indicator lights come on instantly (not dynamically) when the brake is applied? Thanks.

Inner (pin 3 on light -> A60 on FL BCM)

Outer (pin 3 on light -> A71 on FL BCM)

Possibly honing in on the difference.

This is the map of the left side dynamic channel (as per 19 RS3 admap)

This is what I'm running instead (since 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch links' isn't available)

If it's true that 'Aktive Blinkfunktion dynamisch' cuts power to the dynamic modules when brakes are applied that would account for the desired behavior. Not sure how to replicate that behavior with the options I have, maybe will need to upgrade to FL BCM to unlock the correct function.

These are my options:

Ok this has been cracked. Changing Klemme 30G to Blinken lichts (beide Phasen) in my Dynamic Pin (B10 in the FL BCM) Function A results in dynamic modules only getting power when turn signals are engaged, meaning brakes result in non-dynamic activation as intended.

Only imperfection is the first blink in a series of indicator blinks is non-dynamic as well, but this I can live with. Not sure how the FL BCM does it, maybe a delay in the circuit which allows the 12V dynamic power signal to reach the tails first...

PFL Sportback to FL Dynamic light plug pin wiring

I would just like to point out that there are several posts on the net stating you will need to purchase semi dynamic modules from places like K Electronics to complete the job, this is not the case there is no coding necessary either!

Parts Needed to complete the upgrade.

New set of 2017 dynamic lights

Inner plugs x 2

Repair cables x 6

Single core cable x 10m

Inline fuse x 1

As with any project, please test each function of every wire before soldering/fitting to plugs as some models may differ, I will not be held responsible for any mishaps/damage to fittings fixtures.

Outer Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Blue/White and Brown/Red connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Blue
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Blue/Yellow
Pin 5 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Left
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Red
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Grey
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Red/White
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Black/Blue
Pin 6 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work

Outer Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Red/Green and Brown/Yellow connected together
Pin 3 - Brake lamp Green/Brown
Pin 4 - Turn signal lamp Mauve
Pin 5 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work
Pin 6 – Not used

Inner Lamp Right
Pin 1 – Ground Brown
Pin 2 - Tail lamp Brown/Yellow
Pin 3 - Turn signal lamp Brown/Red
Pin 4 - Fog lamp Green/Yellow
Pin 5 - Reverse lamp Green/Red
Pin 6 - live power Needed to make dynamic indicator work

Outer Lamps

The original outer lamp plug will fit on the new lamp socket but will need a small locating pin removing first from the new socket first, I used a dremmel but a stanley knife would suffice, and would then need repining as per the above chart.

Inner Lamps

The inner lamps will need the original plugs removing and new connectors fitting (part number 4B0 971 636), I would recommend using repair wires as the pins are very small and fiddley, sorry not sure on the part number, but when I purchased the plugs I asked for the repair leads to fit at the same time. You will need three for each side, these will need soldering in place as per the chart above.

Installation is the same as written in larbel’s sedan post, I didn’t take any pictures for the conversion as I wasn’t going to write a guide, but then thought afterwards that I should share my findings
@Brian3932 is this for the Audi A3 8v

Anyone doing A3 8V Taillight conversion can send me PM if needing any info/help or harness/coding
There are multiple variations between 3 door 5 door and saloon/cabriolet, between PreFaceLift and Facelift, both Halogen and LED, connectors are different, and coding is different.

Reactions: ktmpedro220 and Sve
Despite changing the wiring my indicator is still getting out of sync when the car is running. If anyone has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.
If you had bulbs lights to led dynamic you have to run 2 cables from Bcm to interior turn signals. Bcm C9 and C3 pins

If you had bulbs lights to led dynamic you have to run 2 cables from Bcm to interior turn signals. Bcm C9 and C3 pins
For dynamic sweep 1 supply is enough for both sides
I do harness design that doesnt take any new link from bcm, can add harness at back end and 1 of the existing channels can be recoded to manage the dynamic function

For the wireing: Remember the halogen cars dont have inner indicators, also you need to adress the 12v Supply from fusebox to all taillights for the dynamic part to work. .

Coding wise: The USA cars combine indicators and driving lights into 1 wire. You will need to adress that (remove them from coding)
I dont know usa cars, but this is part of the puzzle.
Not sure but it could be that some halogen cars have driving lights (dimmed) and brake lights (not dimmed) on 1 wire. This also needs to be adressed.

For the indicators going out of sync, remember that a led light dimming works through a PWM signal. This means normal dimming will create a (very fast) on/off signal instead of a lower voltage. This triggers the dynamic lights, going out of sync. Solution is easy, as soon as you see it: The 100% light output is 12v (but car while running is 14.4v) this means the dynamic lights are always slightly dimmed.
To eliminate the PWM signal just set the light output to 127%.

At last i want to adres the following issue:
Halogen cars dont have enough wires from BCM to taillights. You need 1 wire for each light funktion:
Outside:
Indicator
Driving
Brake

Inside:
Indicator
Driving
Fog
Reverse

TIP: you can reuse the reverse light wire and the fog light wire. Just connect the left fog light to the right, and left reverse light to right leaving you with 2 spare wires. (you need to code this to the lights you need!)
I guess you can figure out the rest..

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

thanks
Hello , from Belgium to . Same problem here , how did you solve it ?

Does anyone made from Fl halogen to Fl LED ? Anything different from this thread? Coding or any adopters needed ?
How did you solve this ? I just did the same as you , everything works fine but with engine on , the tail indicators are going out of sync . Is there any coding needed ?

You c
How did you solve this ? I just did the same as you , everything works fine but with engine on , the tail indicators are going out of sync . Is there any coding needed ?
Changed from prefacelift Halogen or prefacelift led

I have a FL 2018 sportback , tail lights were halo and now I have FL dynamic led. The only problem is: the indicators (and all the rest) work perfect with engine not running. With engine running all still works fine except for the indicators , these work fine for three (sweep) flashes and after that they are just doing someything...When I cut the permanent 12V from pin5(outer) and pin6 (inner) , all works perfect again but the indicators are not dynamic anymore.

I have a FL 2018 sportback , tail lights were halo and now I have FL dynamic led. The only problem is: the indicators (and all the rest) work perfect with engine not running. With engine running all still works fine except for the indicators , these work fine for three (sweep) flashes and after that they are just doing someything...When I cut the permanent 12V from pin5(outer) and pin6 (inner) , all works perfect again but the indicators are not dynamic anymore.
Jup.
The reason is simpel as soon as you understand:

The indicators are triggered by an on/off signal.
The indicators of pfl/fl non dynamic are dimmed. (vcds says 100%)
The 100% means the lights get 12V when car is running.
In the light configuration there you can up the % to 127. Why?
Dimming of led lights is done by pcm (fast on/off) of the light. This is done on the pfl a3.
As this works as good in facelift halaogen non dynamics they didnt change anything.

Just for the geeks: 12v=100% (battery power) 14,4v is 127% (alternator power)

So the simple answer to you q: change all indicators in rear to 127% After coding done reset lights by removing the new 12v to taillights

Jup.
The reason is simpel as soon as you understand:

The indicators are triggered by an on/off signal.
The indicators of pfl/fl non dynamic are dimmed. (vcds says 100%)
Dimming of led lights is done by pcm (fast on/off) of the light. This is done on the pfl a3.
As this works as good in facelift halaogen non dynamics they didnt change anything.

Just for the geeks: 12v=100% (battery power) 14,4v is 127% (alternator power)

So the simple answer to you q: change all indicators in rear to 127% After coding done reset lights by removing the new 12v to taillights
Thanks for you reply , I will inform my dealer to do so . One thing I do not understand is the last sentence , I have to remove the extra +12V on the taillights ? Because it is that 12V who takes care of the sweep , right ?

Sorry to hijack this . If anyone is looking for dynamic rear light units for a sportback and the plug and play loom for pfl to fl . I have this for sale . Took it off my pfl when I sold it back to Audi.

Thanks for you reply , I will inform my dealer to do so . One thing I do not understand is the last sentence , I have to remove the extra +12V on the taillights ? Because it is that 12V who takes care of the sweep , right ?
Jup, just to reset the lights after coding.

Hope your dealer is working with you... most dont touch..

Jup, just to reset the lights after coding.

Hope your dealer is working with you... most dont touch..
So if I got this right : 1- loosen the extra 12V ( or not ?)
2 - do the coding
3- re connect the extra 12V

So if I got this right : 1- loosen the extra 12V ( or not ?) 2 - do the coding 3- re connect the extra 12V

So if I got this right : 1- loosen the extra 12V ( or not ?)
2 - do the coding
3- re connect the extra 12V
After coding just reset the lights by disconecting and reconnecting 12v..
Can also unplug each light.

Coding is easy. No need for expencive dealer.
Go into 09 coding search for anything with indicator, LED Blinkleuchten (must be 4on pfl)
2 will give light out error after loom install. ( code them like any other not connected light)
other 2 will be your source to work on.

First tell light % of a/b channel to be at 127% for both channels.
You might need to adress the lasttype if comming from halogen. As the lightsout errors will be triggered due to low power consumption.
Wish i could say what lightnumber your looking for, but mine is hatchback(no sportback or sedan) and lightnumbers could differ.. So first find your 4 LED Blinkleuchten in coding.. (and dont just copy mine)

Mine
are on 16,17,18 and 19
You can see the lights are connected to 16 and 19. 17 and 18 are not used anymore.
[LO]_Lasttyp 16:[VO]_38 - LED Blinkleuchten
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 16:8
[LO]_Reserved 16:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 16:41
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 16:2
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 16:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 16:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 16:3
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 16:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 16:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 17:[VN]_0 - Keine Ansteuerung des Pins durch Konfigurator
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 17:18
[LO]_Reserved 17:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 17:42
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 17:4
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 17:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 17:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 17:5
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 17:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 17:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 18:[VN]_0 - Keine Ansteuerung des Pins durch Konfigurator
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 18:8
[LO]_Reserved 18:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 18:16
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 18:2
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 18:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 18:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 18:3
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 18:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 18:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 19:[VO]_38 - LED Blinkleuchten
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 19:18
[LO]_Reserved 19:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 19:18
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 19:4
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 19:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 19:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 19:5
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 19:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 19:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 19:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 19:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 19:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 19:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 19:0

If you dont want to code, connect everything exept 12v
This will disable the dynamic part and makes indicators non dynamic until you reconnect 12v after coding

After coding just reset the lights by disconecting and reconnecting 12v..
Can also unplug each light.

Coding is easy. No need for expencive dealer.
Go into 09 coding search for anything with indicator, LED Blinkleuchten (must be 4on pfl)
2 will give light out error after loom install. ( code them like any other not connected light)
other 2 will be your source to work on.

First tell light % of a/b channel to be at 127% for both channels.
You might need to adress the lasttype if comming from halogen. As the lightsout errors will be triggered due to low power consumption.
Wish i could say what lightnumber your looking for, but mine is hatchback(no sportback or sedan) and lightnumbers could differ.. So first find your 4 LED Blinkleuchten in coding.. (and dont just copy mine)

Mine
are on 16,17,18 and 19
You can see the lights are connected to 16 and 19. 17 and 18 are not used anymore.
[LO]_Lasttyp 16:[VO]_38 - LED Blinkleuchten
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 16:8
[LO]_Reserved 16:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 16:41
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 16:2
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 16:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 16:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 16:3
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 16:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 16:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 16:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 16:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 16:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 17:[VN]_0 - Keine Ansteuerung des Pins durch Konfigurator
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 17:18
[LO]_Reserved 17:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 17:42
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 17:4
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 17:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 17:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 17:5
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 17:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 17:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 17:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 17:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 17:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 18:[VN]_0 - Keine Ansteuerung des Pins durch Konfigurator
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 18:8
[LO]_Reserved 18:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 18:16
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 18:2
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 18:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 18:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 18:3
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 18:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 18:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 18:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 18:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction GH 18:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lasttyp 19:[VO]_38 - LED Blinkleuchten
[LO]_BAP Bitposition 19:18
[LO]_Reserved 19:0
[LO]_Fehlerort mittleres Byte DTC-DFCC 19:18
[LO]_Lichtfunktion A 19:4
[LO]_Lichtfunktion B 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert AB 19:127
[LO]_Lichtansteuerung HD AB 19:[VO]_always
[LO]_Lichtfunktion C 19:5
[LO]_Lichtfunktion D 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert CD 19:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction CD 19:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion E 19:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion F 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert EF 19:0
[LO]_Dimming Direction EF 19:[VO]_maximize
[LO]_Lichtfunktion G 19:0
[LO]_Lichtfunktion H 19:0
[LO]_Dimmwert GH 19:0

If you dont want to code, connect everything exept 12v
This will disable the dynamic part and makes indicators non dynamic until you reconnect 12v after coding
Hey , I gave your info to my local Audi mechanic and he he did a great job . Everything works perfect . Thanks a lot buddy !

Hey , I gave your info to my local Audi mechanic and he he did a great job . Everything works perfect . Thanks a lot buddy !
No problem. Glad it did work out for you.

Amazed to see audi dealer to work on retrofit. Normally they stay away as far as possible.
See that you make a log file from your car after every retrofit.. Could help a lot in the future..

Could have made all in dutch, but for sake of the forum kept it in English.

Again, and this happened to me 1 time after a bcm upgrade, if you have issues with sync just remove and reattach 12v. Probably youll never need it..

No problem. Glad it did work out for you.

Amazed to see audi dealer to work on retrofit. Normally they stay away as far as possible.

See that you make a log file from your car after every retrofit.. Could help a lot in the future..

Could have made all in dutch, but for sake of the forum kept it in English.
He is not an official Audi dealer , he owns a Bosch garage and is specialized in VAG group cars. I know him a few years now and go to his garage for maintenace . Retrofits are not his main business but he did this one for me :) .
In Dutch it would have been easier for me to write , but we did great , didn't we ? :thumbs up:
Alvast bedankt !

The reason is simpel ,further expanation:

The indicators are triggered by an on/off, the indicator signal.
The indicators of pfl/fl non dynamic and are dimmed. (vcds says 100% but think in values without % where 127 is always on)
12v=100% (battery power while engine running) 14,4v is 127% (alternator power)
Dimming of led lights is done by pcm (fast on/off) of the light. (the dynamic indicators are triggered on an on off signal and you create a lot of them when using PWM (Puls width modulation, this causes the out off sync your experiancing.
This is done on the pfl a3 just for dimming as it doesnt trigger anything but a light.

Channel a/b is triggered when car is running due to setting in 09.
Channel c/d is triggered while car is off (and bcm does not nothing, hellphase, roughly translated when power is off)
Dont put channel c/d on 127% its useless..

Next thing you can change is the reverse light for flicker free RVC.
As you can see in coding the dimming is on 100%
So what happens when you run the engine? The reverse light flickers very fast. For our eyes no problem, but on the RVC screen this triggers the camera into aflickering image.
Change coding of dimmworth to 127 on both reverse lights.

He is not an official Audi dealer , he owns a Bosch garage and is specialized in VAG group cars. I know him a few years now and go to his garage for maintenace . Retrofits are not his main business but he did this one for me :) .
In Dutch it would have been easier for me to write , but we did great , didn't we ? :thumbs up:
Alvast bedankt !
Sure we did.. Glad to tell him the secret?
Hope this helps loads of guys retrofitting dynamic taillights.

Next thing you can change is the reverse light for flicker free RVC.
As you can see in coding the dimming is on 100%
So what happens when you run the engine? The reverse light flickers very fast. For our eyes no problem, but on the RVC screen this triggers the camera into a flickering image.
Change coding of dimmworth to 127 on both reverse lights.

Hi i’m new here and would like to retrofit the fl rear lights in my pfl A3 Sedan. I’m having OEM led right now and bought 4 new fl units. Now looking for the wiring loom but is the one from Aliexpres the right one? Like the one i attached?

hope that someone can help me

kind Regards!

Attachments

• B6D0FA72-FF36-4BCB-B31A-9C15B1FA34E0.png
    B6D0FA72-FF36-4BCB-B31A-9C15B1FA34E0.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 51
Hi i’m new here and would like to retrofit the fl rear lights in my pfl A3 Sedan. I’m having OEM led right now and bought 4 new fl units. Now looking for the wiring loom but is the one from Aliexpres the right one? Like the one i attached?

hope that someone can help me

kind Regards!
Hi

you have PreFaceLift Saloon with LED tail lights and you are changing to Facelift LED tail lights?

AliExpress harness will do the job. It connects inner and outer lights, each side and it will have two long wire lengths, one each side. Those wires need connecting into 12V supply for sweeping indicator to work.
If you use cig.socket/powersocket to supply those wires, then with default fuse position You will have sweeping indicator Only during ignition On. If you supply direct from battery, you need to consider routing harness to the front but then sweeping indicator always.
Another issue, inner and outer sweeping indicator will go out of sync at times with battery voltage fluctuations. Check issue reported by other users on threads about That can only be resolved with coding using VCDS or OBD11Pro.

A different harness design below in link. All connections between original wires and new lights, linking harness between inner and outer lights each side. And rest coding to match factory fit parameters and you will have no out of sync indicator, no extra wires to tap and will have sweeping indicator functioning like factory fit.

Kufatec also do a simpler design harness that comes with single use coding dongle but cost is high

From pfl led to fl led Ypu can buy plug and play zero coding adapters but their cost is extremely high.

Hi everyone, I installed fl led lights in my a3 pfl sportback. the outer lamp is working properly. the lamp in the trunk lid does not work properly. When the turn signal flashes, the position light also flashes.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/63ac6cb0b7c28/VID-20221228-WA0037.mp4

Wysłane z mojego SM-G988B przy użyciu Tapatalka
abeb24c4bef1d0af9f4db4b60e91809e.gif
Driving lights looks like its coded to indicator lights or wrong wire.
Upload light config from bcm please..

Driving lights looks like its coded to indicator lights or wrong wire.
Upload light config from bcm please..
Please tell how can i do it ;)
I check wired few Times and it looks ok.

I ve done it! Everything works fine. When I close the car, the lights in the trunk lid go off immediately and those in the fenders are on. Problem with function coming home? When I open a car then all lamps are on.
8a3a381ad856a7138ee14ac8f4d0eabe.jpg

Hi everyone, I installed fl led lights in my a3 pfl sportback. the outer lamp is working properly. the lamp in the trunk lid does not work properly. When the turn signal flashes, the position light also flashes.//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/63ac6cb0b7c28/VID-20221228-WA0037.mp4

abeb24c4bef1d0af9f4db4b60e91809e.gif
PFL Sportback you had Halogen or LED?
You made harness? Used harness from somewhere or chopped and connected wires?
Same issue both sides?

PFL Sportback you had Halogen or LED?
You made harness? Used harness from somewhere or chopped and connected wires?
Same issue both sides?
I have pfl sportback with pfl led. What means harness?
I have already solved the problem you are talking about.
Now I am looking for a solution to this problem. Inner lamps turn off when I close a car
0a797ab0a6aa0b178f02118a3ab81e67.gif