Pfl rs3

Goubo1

Reaction score
I am getting close to completing a deal for a PFL rs3 almost the perfect spec

To make it perfect it would be black or carbon mirrors the car has silver aluminium finish mirrors can these be easy swapped if so anyone got any links on how to do it ? Also is it better buy from Audi or has anyone bought from aftermarket and is the fitment ok ??

Many thanks

Mirror caps are easy to change. I'm sure someone on here who has done it will be along soon :)

Reactions: Goubo1
I'd get Audi to do it as it's easy to crack the glass. We bought ours from Audi :dizzy:

TX.

Trim tool in the lower corner of the mirror cap on the side closest to the car and slowly lever it off... new one simply clicks into place

Did it cost much to have them do it mate ?

It’s a very simple job to do yourself mate... no need for glass etc out, the covers just simply pop off with the use of some £5 trim tools

It’s a very simple job to do yourself mate... no need for glass etc out, the covers just simply pop off with the use of some £5 trim tools

I’d be to scared I broke something mate

Reactions: Phil3
Also does anyone know where to look for the td1 code with vcds if it is possible ?

Also does anyone know where to look for the td1 code with vcds if it is possible ?

TD1 if applied to a car isn’t actually in the ECU.

If done it’ll be against the vehicles chassis number by either Odis when it connects to your car it can carry out a ‘suspicion’ test or the servicing dealer (they can manually apply it if they suspect modification of the car)

So no you will not see a ‘flag’ of any kind with the usual VCDS / VCP etc...

Mine came with the chrome/silver caps, I purchased a new set in Nardo from Audi, they then swapped these on before I collected. Think they charged me 250 quid or something.

Sold the original ones on ebay for £400 :)

Reactions: NevMan
Well today I travelled 4 and a bit hours to go look at supposed mint condition pfl rs3 I had agreed the terms etc and was ment to be driving it home but was greeted with car that was pretty rough on the outside few dings and scratches and after getting told the car was in perfect condition it really put me off..so was a wasted day and there was a really nice one that was at Birmingham Audi that I seen advertised on on there approved website but because I had this one lined up and told it was perfect I never went for it and now it’s sold typical

There is one more for sale that is almost the perfect spec but has no pano roof and I’m no sure I could live with out the pano roof

This is the spec of the other car
da00f1e579fed51a5d5e270ef51bcd13.png

444b47dc3e0f04c44ef740a9f47272c7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well today I travelled 4 and a bit hours to go look at supposed mint condition pfl rs3 I had agreed the terms etc and was ment to be driving it home but was greeted with car that was pretty rough on the outside few dings and scratches and after getting told the car was in perfect condition it really put me off..so was a wasted day and there was a really nice one that was at Birmingham Audi that I seen advertised on on there approved website but because I had this one lined up and told it was perfect I never went for it and now it’s sold typical

There is one more for sale that is almost the perfect spec but has no pano roof and I’m no sure I could live with out the pano roof
Was this from an Audi dealer? If not, I wouldn't be travelling four hours to see a car as there's always a chance it won't be as described.

What a nightmare, but good on you for sticking to your guns.

No Pano roof= less weight = faster

Reactions: Terminator x
Was this from an Audi dealer? If not, I wouldn't be travelling four hours to see a car as there's always a chance it won't be as described.

No it wasn’t a Audi dealer mate..but I was told it was in showroom condition guys on the phone seemed genuine enough but no way was it a 37k car

Lesson learned I suppose....need to keep looking but I’m struggling to find one with the spec I want and the car I went to see had it all Shame it was in the condition it was in

What a nightmare, but good on you for sticking to your guns.

No Pano roof= less weight = faster

It was hard mate as all the blemishes and stuff could have been fixed the ding on the passenger wing could have been fixed but I was told it was perfect so I was thinking what else is ment to be perfect and isn’t so I had to walk away I was gutted tho

Haha yeah faster is always good but I have a s3 8l stroker gt35 turbo making 616bhp built by badger5 for when I want to be proper fast

Rs3 is still plenty fast on the road but I love the look of it and most of all the sound

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
37k for a pre-facelift?!! I paid near enough that for my FL, ex-demo from Oxford Audi.

3717fbac6cb9fb46c36b4dafe773054b.png

b47c3265841fc007d5979ed7ec317812.png

74fa78ff8a412390a823fb3419df0024.png

Car above with this spec shame it has no pano roof or folding mirrors only 12k miles. 2 services £36k sound like it’s well priced all so it’s a Audi dealer car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone not got pano roof and wish they did ?? Same with the mirrors ?

I love the pano roof. Great for listening to the exhaust singing. I would try and find a car with it personally. :)

Reactions: Goubo1 and deepy
I love the pano roof. Great for listening to the exhaust singing. I would try and find a car with it personally. :)

Especially with Nardo and the Black Optics pack

Reactions: jimojameso and Goubo1
Don't have Pano, but then don't have a RS3. Not a showstopper, but folding mirrors I always want, but that is something that could be retro-fitted quite easily by someone in the know for not too much, like @DJAlix

Reactions: jimojameso, DJAlix and Goubo1

Yeah your right mate just need to be patient but will be rare to get a car with just 12k but has to be the right one for me most of all

absolutely key, the comprises need to be what you are happy with end of.

@DJAlix do you have any information on retro fitting the folding heated mirrors ?
£558.00 supplied and fitted at the moment using genuine OEM and new Audi parts with 2 years warranty :)

Example of a recent retrofit:

IMG 7713 IMG 7569 IMG 7577 IMG 7690 Untitled Untitled1

Reactions: jimojameso, NevMan and Goubo1
I don't have one, and I do without :icon thumright:

I don't have one, and I do without :icon thumright:

I’m desperate to get a rs3 and all good to go but not wanting to end up having one that after I few months I wish had some other bits on it

I was gutted on Friday with that one being so rough as had the perfect spec I wanted

absolutely mate. I have never had pano, so suppose that is why I haven't missed it. But think it is something I will go for next time, that said, when buying new, the price can be better spent elsewhere. You will find one, your patience is key