PFL MRC STAGE 2

Apologies to @millsy75 for hijacking his thread but had my TTRS in at MRC for stage 1 with turbo inlet and hard pipes with filter.

Stock with bolt ons the car gave 408ps and 466nm.
Once Doug had worked his magic it put out 481ps and 676nm.

He did say this was 10 or so ps down on what he’d expect but that the base numbers were a bit lower too. He said it could be for a number of reasons, heat, fuel (I run Tesco 99) but that the car was running well and the gains of over 200nm of torque were spot on.

To drive, the car now thumps you back in your seat. The power is relentless. Very pleased I’ve had it done and I also got to see and hear the car on the dyno...worth the ticket price alone!

Better than the last map then D0C

Daza remaps well doesn’t it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than the last map then D0C

Daza remaps well doesn’t it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, very pleased. That’s not to say I didn’t like the Revo map on my last one. But it does feel like there’s more torque and outright shove this time.

Reactions: 8YARWY
@D0C I’m seriously considering going Stage 2 via MRC with my RS3 saloon - been having a read and getting moist haha

what was the damage £ for what you had done ?

I don’t fancy a downpipe or a full intake system, as I’m not wanting loads of racket

have a panel filter already too.

so looking at similar to you, tunes, intake elbow and hard pipe

Last edited:
@D0C I’m seriously considering going Stage 2 via MRC with my RS3 saloon - been having a read and getting moist haha

what was the damage £ for what you had done ?

I don’t fancy a downpipe or a full intake system, as I’m not wanting loads of racket

have a panel filter already too.

so looking at similar to you, tunes, intake elbow and hard pipe
£1400 all in.

Was something like £650 for stage 1 tune, £250 for gearbox map, £120 ish for the hardpipe and same for elbow. Then VAT on top.

I’d been told by a few people to not bother with downpipe. However, the intercooler would have been nice. But then you’re doubling the cost I’ve just given and I also couldn’t leave my car with them long enough with the whole coronavirus.
I can assure you though that the car is now brutal!

Reactions: millsy75
Thanks @D0C

I’m thinking the exact same mods too.
I don’t want the intake noise I do too many miles and I know it would be great when full throttle but all other times it would grate on me.

I might go for the intercooler though if I can stretch it (same position as you - have half the house torn apart doing jobs during covid lockdown and now need to piece it back together haha)

Reactions: D0C
Absolutely, for a cost. But had to draw the line on this occasion. Still hoping the best part of 500ps in a TT will be fun!

My PFL RS3 that MRC did a simple stage 1 on was bonkers.

@D0C did you ever race a stock pfl when mapped? Curious to see how they compared on the road

@D0C did you ever race a stock pfl when mapped? Curious to see how they compared on the road
Afraid not. But take my word for it, it was another level completely performance wise.

£1400 all in.

Was something like £650 for stage 1 tune, £250 for gearbox map, £120 ish for the hardpipe and same for elbow. Then VAT on top.

I’d been told by a few people to not bother with downpipe. However, the intercooler would have been nice. But then you’re doubling the cost I’ve just given and I also couldn’t leave my car with them long enough with the whole coronavirus.
I can assure you though that the car is now brutal!
Doc do you mean dont do the decat? As it does add on 1k (parts and labour) and im tempted not to do it on stage 2. Dont want rhr extra exhaust noise

Im stage1 mrc just now but looking at stage2 with the forge intercooler.

Hardpipe for induction kit? That sounds decent price as i would quite like more induction noise rather than exhaust

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Doc do you mean dont do the decat? As it does add on 1k (parts and labour) and im tempted not to do it on stage 2. Dont want rhr extra exhaust noise

Im stage1 mrc just now but looking at stage2 with the forge intercooler.

Hardpipe for induction kit? That sounds decent price as i would quite like more induction noise rather than exhaust

Yes, I was advised (By a few people) not to bother with downpipe. Even Doug at MRC said not to worry about it but to instead get the intercooler as he can up the boost.

I got the panel filter, inlet and turbo hardpipes and stage 1. More than enough for day to day driving ;)

Yes, I was advised (By a few people) not to bother with downpipe. Even Doug at MRC said not to worry about it but to instead get the intercooler as he can up the boost.

I got the panel filter, inlet and turbo hardpipes and stage 1. More than enough for day to day driving ;)

Interesting. I think i got 485 bhp
Wonder why/if the inlet and turbo hard pipes are really needed or if its just the intercooler that really makes the difference. Could be a grand well spent getting one. I think i need some.power lower down the rev range.

Did you get any more induction noise with the turbo pipes

Interesting. I think i got 485 bhp
Wonder why/if the inlet and turbo hard pipes are really needed or if its just the intercooler that really makes the difference. Could be a grand well spent getting one. I think i need some.power lower down the rev range.

Did you get any more induction noise with the turbo pipes

Yes, probably more worthwhile getting intercooler. But the pipes cost virtually nothing, so worth doing.

Maybe slightly more induction noise. But it was loud before so hard to tell.