Pfl injector failure

toosmiles

Reaction score
Hi guys,
just doing some research on the 'H' revision injectors that are running in my czgb engine
ive personally had 1 fail on tuning with my golf 6r,luckily caught in time,im wondering now especially on the tuning side is there anyone know or had this problem?
1 company wont tune me to stage 2 until a carbon clean and new revision 'L' injectors fitted,cost of this job is £1450,more for safety and not an expesive engine build,now theres been plenty of stage 2 tuned rs3's knocking about,is it a bit of a gamble and run fine?
my cars just done 43,000 miles,ran stage 1 map for about 9 months
cheers
simon

Early Pfl were pretty common I believe so wouldn't hurt having them replaced for the later revision.
Who are you currently tuned by? most say it is not worth the outlay for stage 2 on pfl

on a generic loaded map with panel filter atm(cant remember tuner)ive added the mrc high flow filter
now i thought cheaply going stage 2:
gutting cats from oem downpipe
remove centre box for straight through pipe
custom TTU intake pipe
forge fmic
high pressure fuel pump upgrade
ecu an dsg map
£3150
plus now £1450 for injectors and clean etc

Are the PFL that bad with carbon build up? Will always happen with just Direct Injection I guess but I've not heard of many having a carbon clean done on the CZGB. Mines a 2016 PFL with similar mileage and I've thought about checking what revision injectors are in mine, I initially thought all PFL had the latest injectors. Sounds like there's been quite a few failures of the injectors on the CEPA & CEPB engines over the years which would be a concern for me if tuning the PFL.

toosmiles - for that sort of money I'd have to ask myself if it's worth paying a little more to get into a FL with the DAZA engine where stage one will be 480ish bhp.

Are the PFL that bad with carbon build up? Will always happen with just Direct Injection I guess but I've not heard of many having a carbon clean done on the CZGB. Mines a 2016 PFL with similar mileage and I've thought about checking what revision injectors are in mine, I initially thought all PFL had the latest injectors. Sounds like there's been quite a few failures of the injectors on the CEPA & CEPB engines over the years which would be a concern for me if tuning the PFL.

toosmiles - for that sort of money I'd have to ask myself if it's worth paying a little more to get into a FL with the DAZA engine where stage one will be 480ish bhp.
just couldnt fund a FL :(
seen alot of stage 2 cars about with no issues whatsover,if i keep the car for 3 years then maybe ill go down the route of new injectors and carbon clean
Mrc do a stage 2 without the injectors and hpfp,presuming on a not all out tune and best for the mods it has

if you want to come to us and risk not having a carbon clean or injectors and happy to sign a disclaimer we will get you booked in.

i am seeing injector failure more and more on the H version, last year we had 3 pfl cars come in with same issue injectors getting stuck open, our own rs3 had the same issue recently.