PFL headlight variations

retrofix

Reaction score
I want to buy a set of used/new front headlights for my 2013 8v which is currently halogen.

I've searched on eBay for them but I've seen a lot of part numbers and I'm confused to know which variation I need.

So my few questions are:

1. How do I know which part number I need? I've seen part numbers from 8V0941005 to 8V0941044. I assume they're for different markets but I don't know which one I need.
2. Are there LED version and Xenon versions? I know for a fact I saw an A3 with headlights that their turn signal is not a single bulb but it's the LED line changing from white to yellow. Owner told me it's LED version and not Bi-Xenon.

Thanks.

there are 3 types for plf.

halogen
Sb262

bi xenon
39252 2

led
Fullled1

both the xenon and the led have a day running light along the top of the light but only the led version flashes orange when indicator is on.

unless you have access to wiring diagrams and diagnostic leads etc i would stick with halogen ad the other two options require a lot of work to get working.

My memory might be flawed but I seem to remember my xenons did, however in other countries they may not have done...