PFL dipped beam not working

raffhussain

Reaction score
Hi
I’ve got a PFL RS3 and the drivers side dipped beam is not working. Got error saying Audi adaptive light fault.

Can I change the with a new bulb, spoke to Audi and they advised me I require a new unit?

Thanks for your help

Of course , they would . Worth trying a new bulb before shelling out for a new unit . If they're LED bulbs you'll want to change left and right though . Else you'll have a noticeable difference between the bulbs.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: raffhussain
Of course , they would . Worth trying a new bulb before shelling out for a new unit . If they're LED bulbs you'll want to change left and right though . Else you'll have a noticeable difference between the bulbs.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Much appreciated for the reply

Yeah I was shocked when I was told I need a new unit. Not having much luck with Audi headlights. Sis FL S3 saloon Day time running light died a few days ago too.

Any ideas of what LEDs? I think they DS3 bulbs but not sure which LED ones.

Might have to take it apart.

I’m pretty positive it’s got non user serviceable items in it.
11b1971622218b791c9b092dc729f591.jpg

It’s not like the Xenon units whereby you can buy the bulb for about £70.

From the sales brochure
bf2ef37765719090555d13e4d903a66b.jpg

Reactions: AudiNutta and raffhussain
:sos:
I’m pretty positive it’s got non user serviceable items in it.
11b1971622218b791c9b092dc729f591.jpg

It’s not like the Xenon units whereby you can buy the bulb for about £70.

From the sales brochure
bf2ef37765719090555d13e4d903a66b.jpg

I’m getting mixed messages.

Some have said change the ballast and some are saying change the whole unit:sos:

Some have said change the ballast and some are saying change the whole unit:sos:

Swapping the Controller from the working side to the non working side would rule it out at least.

No 2 is the controller for the cornering light.

Reactions: AudiNutta

It was my belief you can’t swap out these LED units either.

Assuming from the thread you’re out of warranty, maybe push Audi to do you a goodwill gesture on this? Supposed to be a unit that will last the life of the car, hence not serviceable... it’s not acceptable to expect owners to have to change complete clusters in the life of the car because of a failed element.