PFL decat

Jamie12

Reaction score
Hi guys im just new to the forum and recently bought a 2016 rs3 , looking to try get 420ish bhp and a bit of deeper tone to exhaust. Was thinking of stage 1 and secondary decats. If i get a decat downpipe to remove the main do u need stage 2 software and the rest of the hardware to match?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks .

Thanks bud, do you have them installed

Reactions: Naylor92
As above, get MRC to map it and fit secondary decat pipes. Goes like hell and sounds ballistic for about £750.

Reactions: Jamie12
As above, get MRC to map it and fit secondary decat pipes. Goes like hell and sounds ballistic for about £750.
I had the TDI Tuning box on the RSQ3 and I’m just waiting to send it back and get it reprogrammed for the RS3. It was brilliant on the RSQ3, so I’m intrigued as to what it’s going to be like on the RS3. They claim figures of about 425bhp and 550NM I think.
Would be nice to have an MRC map but for £350 the tuning box does a good job.

Thanks mate, was speaking to a guy that does mrc in scotland. How much are the mrc maps any idea?

Thanks mate, was speaking to a guy that does mrc in scotland. How much are the mrc maps any idea?
£600 ish.
Re the tuning box, I had a DTUK box on my Golf R which was great. Then got one for my PFL RS3 and it didn’t like it at all. It was definitely connected correctly. I then decided to get MRC to map it which was a good decision.

Reactions: Jamie12 and Naylor92
£600 ish.
Re the tuning box, I had a DTUK box on my Golf R which was great. Then got one for my PFL RS3 and it didn’t like it at all. It was definitely connected correctly. I then decided to get MRC to map it which was a good decision.
I know a map is better but I don’t believe in spending all that extra money for more or less the same figures. Car might drive slightly smoother of course but yeah.
I also used to have a Golf R and had a DTUK Tuning box on that and as you say, it was absolutely mint! The only reason I have the tdi Tuning one is that they seem to be the leader in the UK now for boxes. Why did you not like it on the RS3 mate?

£600 ish.
Cool mate, was a golf r i just traded in.

Thanks. Getting the feeling like the guys pressuring me into it with a panel filter and dog bone mount also
Yeah definitely not needed until stage 2 at very least. The panel filter upgrade and dog bone mount inserts are a good shout though I’d say chap. Only £30 for the dog bone and about £55 for a panel filter.

Yeah definitely not needed until stage 2 at very least. The panel filter upgrade and dog bone mount inserts are a good shout though I’d say chap. Only £30 for the dog bone and about £55 for a panel filter.
Thanks for your help mate appreciate it

Thanks. Getting the feeling like the guys pressuring me into it with a panel filter and dog bone mount also
Panel filter and dog bone mount not needed. Stage 1 tune plenty enough.

I know a map is better but I don’t believe in spending all that extra money for more or less the same figures. Car might drive slightly smoother of course but yeah.
I also used to have a Golf R and had a DTUK Tuning box on that and as you say, it was absolutely mint! The only reason I have the tdi Tuning one is that they seem to be the leader in the UK now for boxes. Why did you not like it on the RS3 mate?
The RS3 just didn’t seem to like it at all. Boost issues, jerkiness... didn’t feel right. Map was on another level entirely. An extra 100hp and 100lb/ft at 4000rpm.

The RS3 just didn’t seem to like it at all. Boost issues, jerkiness... didn’t feel right. Map was on another level entirely. An extra 100hp and 100lb/ft at 4000rpm.
That’s DTUK for you though chap and that’s why i changed to TDI Tuning. They offer a brilliant product, was fantastic on the RSQ3 so I’m really looking forward to getting it on the RS3.
With an mrc stage one you got an extra 100 bhp and 100 lb/ft!?!?

That’s DTUK for you though chap and that’s why i changed to TDI Tuning. They offer a brilliant product, was fantastic on the RSQ3 so I’m really looking forward to getting it on the RS3.
With an mrc stage one you got an extra 100 bhp and 100 lb/ft!?!?
Peak figures were more like 60bhp. But at 4000rpm the gains were obscene. Totally transformed the car.

Peak figures were more like 60bhp. But at 4000rpm the gains were obscene. Totally transformed the car.
Yeah I’ll see how I get on with the tuning box at first and then maybe go for more power (stage 2) when I’ve had the car or year or so.

Don’t need it for stage one chap.

You don't need it, but the TVS drivability map transforms the box and its driving characteristics on the RS3 - Id recommend it on a standard car - Until its done you won't realise how bad the standard box is in its characteristics. Im Revo stage 2 with TVS stage 2+

Reactions: Jamie12 and Naylor92
You don't need it, but the TVS drivability map transforms the box and its driving characteristics on the RS3 - Id recommend it on a standard car - Until its done you won't realise how bad the standard box is in its characteristics. Im Revo stage 2 with TVS stage 2+
Do you have pfl or fl ??

With Revo it’s;

Intercooler
Front pipe
Intake
Software

£3k, stuff that!
Could be a bit cheaper but do that math.

Remap + gearbox tune £750
Intercooler £1000
Downpipe with fitting will be similar price

Then maybe some other odd bits like panel filter etc.

Best bang for buck will always be stage 1. But for the performance you get with stage 2 I don’t think £3k is bad?

Could be a bit cheaper but do that math.

Remap + gearbox tune £750
Intercooler £1000
Downpipe with fitting will be similar price

Then maybe some other odd bits like panel filter etc.

Best bang for buck will always be stage 1. But for the performance you get with stage 2 I don’t think £3k is bad?
I’d want to pay £2k max! I’m just going to test the water with the tuning box first anyhow. Swear the car already feels like it’s mapped!?