Peugeot 106 S2 Rallye

GuyW

Reaction score
in_peugeot_106_rallye_05.jpg

Seriously cool car for a french ****. My ex-gf had it and I partly owned it, its was awesome little car and handling like go kart which amazed me plus rapid little car too. Wished I took it off my ex-gf but we had sell it cos its was drinking fuel and I was only 19 at time and college student so no no. But now I am 23 and I have an Audi A3 and I wish i kept it in garaged till I could afforded it.

As expected, brake was ****! But just what you need to do is learn your own car and how control it without need a brake too much then its was awesome car then!

i like them had a go in one a few years ago was impressive fun to be fair but as you said the brakes were made out of pringles lids im sure lol

I'm torn with this as the 106 Rallye is a blistering little drive and so chuckable. S1 Rallye would maybe have edged into cool the S2 I'm just not so sure about.

LoL at brakes comments, I remember my sisters 106 brakes just felt like blocks of wood, no feel and ****** all braking effort. I was sure there was a problem with them and had them apart on a few occasions. Then I drove a couple of others and found her brakes were quite good in comparison. LoL

Yeah could be! But if I still had it and I would have upgrade brake for something better and have a proper brake then its would trash anything on road! Tempted to get it back again though! But not many good ones out there nowdays

I owned a cammed one of these years ago so no prizes for guessing my vote. the one I had, had everything done except turbo/throttle bodies was a very very fast fully stripped out with bucket seats roll cage ect very light car which makes for good power to weight ratio still miss it being a very fast and fun car

Reactions: ESD1711
I think the brake problems were caused by the remote servo and the flex in the bulkhead when you put them on! I had a derv variaty, it would drive forever on £10 !

S1 rallye is defiantly a cooler a car :) in the s2 shape, id just have a Gti :meeting:

I would love to have one of these or a Gti purely for a track car, my old Saxo was so fun to drive on track but I was very glad I had a big brake kit.

One day I'm going to build a turbo 106 of some sort once I have a garage to keep it in.

Im a 106 Nut.
Last car was a S2 106 GTi 150bhp Mental little motor, so quick very nimble... just unreal!

Miss it soo bad,

Slowwwwww.

But everyone that owns one seems to think they are the fastest thing in the world. Probably because their previous car was a fiesta.

Reactions: Brodster
Tell me how slow this is then?

This is my mag feature Turbo Rallye.
It put the power down fine, was nice enough to drive daily and scared the **** out of everyone who went in it, including me!!
Currently being re-shelled with cage and bucket seats. Plus more power!
Spec:
Peugeot 106 Rallye S2
Bianca White
1.6 16v J4 engine
BE3 Gearbox with Gripper LSD
Helix 6 Paddle Clutch
Owen Develeopments Garrett GT2868 HTA with Tial V Band
Omex 600 Ecu and Atspeed Racing Engine Loom
Wiseco 9:1 Low Comp Forged Pistons
CatCams Forged Con-Rods
CatCams Con-Rod Bolts
ACL Bearings all round
ARP Headstuds
ARP Exhaust Manifold Studs and Copper Nuts
Magnetti Marelli 3 Bar MAP Sensor
Innovate LC1
SPA Boost Pressure and Air Temp Gauge
Gizzmo IBC Boost Controller
DP Engineering Stainless Steel
Tubular Exhaust Manifold With V Band
Tial External Wastegate in Black
DP Engineering 3'' Down Pipe using Mandrel bends built by Atspeed Racing
Atspeed Racing Custom Built 3'' Exhaust System
Tial QR Recirc dump valve on V band in Black
Atspeed Racing V band Screamer Pipe
Terry Dolphin Cylinder Head work with standard valve size
1mm Multi Layer Head Gasket - raise Compression to 10:1.
CatCams Custom Spec Turbo Camshafts
CatCam Vernier Pulleys
Siemens 630cc Injectors
Bosch 4 bar Pressure regulator
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
Atspeed Racing Baffled sump with Custom Oil Return.
Pro Alloy Atspeed Spec Intercooler and Radiator
Pro Alloy Header tank
Lightweight billet Engine Pulleys
SFS Silcone hoses all round in black
Odyssey 680 Race Battery
Mocal 13 Row Oil Cooler with Speedflow Braided hoses
PAS relocation to Boot
Atspeed Racing Upper and Lower Gearbox Mounts
Vibratechnics Upper and Lower Mounts
Atspeed Racing BE Competition Driveshafts
Atspeed Racing BE Drive Flanges and Hubs.
TTV Lightened and Balanced Billet Flywheel
Satchshift BE Gear Linkage set up with Custom Carbon Base Plate
Brembo 406 4 pot Calipers
Godspeed 287mm 2 piece Brake Discs
Ferrodo DS2500 Brake Pads
Speedflow Braided Brake Hoses
23mm Brake Master Cylinder
High Tensile Wheel studs and Copper nuts
Streamline Carbon JP4 Rocker Cover
Spoox 16v CamBelt cover
Spoox debadged Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Morette Head light with inner lamps removed
8000k Hi/Lo HID's
Custom Carbon Fibre J4 Inlet Manifold Insert
AST Sportline 1 Coilovers with 300lb 6'' Springs and Rear Dampers
Peugeot Sport Grp N Suspension Top Mounts
Powerflex Bushes all round
Vibratechnics Wishbone Rear Mounts.
O.Z Racing UltraLegerra Powder Coated White 15x7J
Toyo Proxes R888 2G
Cobra Alarm, Immobliser and Remote Central Locking with Tracker.

Versus my Brothers S3 8L

51d17282.jpg

Ahhh yes; because they're all like that aren't they.

Might be quick, but it's still a poorly built death trap.

The standard S3 is a slow, boring, tub of under steering lard as standard. No?
the 106 was a cheap, FUN, nippy hatchback straight out the box.

Do I own an S3? No.

Do I agree with you about S3's? Yes.

Do I like fake 4WD cars in the slightest? No.

Have I had many small French hatch backs, including a 106 GTI? Yes.

Do I LOVE small, nippy, agile FWD hatch backs? Absolutely.

If I did own another small French hatch back, would it be a 106 GTI? No.

If I was going to spend as much money as has been spent on that 106, would I do it on a 106 given the choices open to me? No.

Did I sell my 106 GTI due to the usual mechanical problems that people seem to hate French cars over, or was it because it was slow, unrefined, impractical, classless, and because I didn't want to invest money in it because at the end of the day I wasn't all that interested in it and didn't want to make it any better because it was just a 106. The latter.

Do I ever look back and say I really miss my little Peugeot? Never.

When you look at the top left of your screen does it say this -

No.

:beerchug:

Glad you're happy with yours though; it is a much better example than most people produce and I like it a lot more than I would like a standard 106. But lets face it, there is very little comparable to that and a 106 GTI. So using it as an example of why 106's are cool doesn't really count.

The average 106 GTI/Rallye that you see is undeniably slow, not that great handling, cheap, poorly built, unreliable and unsafe. And generally driven by the sort of little ***** that drives up and down my road at midnight with his twin exhaust and super sick piper cross filter waking up myself, my animals, my girlfriend and all my neighbours.

Which makes me sad, because if they weren't driven by such scroates I could see a reasonable excuse to not dislike them.

I think it's past your bedtime lol 😝

Reactions: jojo
106's are gay, and you must be mental to have spent what you have on yours.

Just accept it and all will be fine. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.

Reactions: Lavis89
106's are gay, and you must be mental to have spent what you have on yours.

Just accept it and all will be fine. Acceptance is the first step on the road to recovery.

I think youre mad because yours was slow.
I remember sje's build thread of 106 owners, along with people like dean and colins.
All over 400bhp... Yes impractical but shown that it can be done.

Mine was around the 150 mark, (yes slow and ****e as you claim) Yet quick enough to beat a few subaru's, Even an S3 might i add.
End of the day its some peoples cup of tea, there a cheap car to run and maintain and they are very, very fun!
As for youre lame excuse of "there usually driven by young scroats with loud exhausts" There is a recent influx of a3's a4's and an s5 who seem to think its acceptable to sit in the street reving there cars, having music belting at 3am and even driving up my **** on a morning.
Every car class has the typical bellend but you cant stop that.
The only reason so many young lads have a 106 is because not everyone can afford 3,4,5k for an audi aswell as 1500-2500 on insurance.

Reactions: s-line style
Yup, so kids that haven't earned anything in their life go out and buy 106 GTI's because they are cheap, don't declare their modifications, drive like dicks and crash them and put my insurance up. All the time thinking they have the best thing in the world every because they've got a GTI; blud. Yey.

Who cares about beating Subarus or S3's? They are also slow. Less than 150bh/ton, and I thought that was what a 106 was all about?

Building a 400bhp 106 is like running a marathon bare foot. It can be done; but why not wear a pair of shoes and do it quicker and without destroying yourself?

Mine was slow, it was slow as **** and ****. But I had just come out of a 310bhp Saab 900 Turbo, so I guess it would be. It did however get me to work and back, so I can't knock it for that. As a mode of transport it was excellent.

Could I get excited about it retrospectively? Was I excited about it at the time? Not really.

My 205 GTI was MUCH more fun, cheaper to insure, cheaper to run, more reliable and weirdly better built than the 106. I'd have one of those again in a heart beat. It was slower, but it actually had something about it and a bit of character. Every 106 I've been in has just been a bit...hateful.

I'm bored of this discussion now anyway, enjoy.

:undwech:

Yup, so kids that haven't earned anything in their life go out and buy 106 GTI's because they are cheap, don't declare their modifications, drive like dicks and crash them and put my insurance up. All the time thinking they have the best thing in the world every because they've got a GTI; blud. Yey.

Who cares about beating Subarus or S3's? They are also slow. Less than 150bh/ton, and I thought that was what a 106 was all about?

Building a 400bhp 106 is like running a marathon bare foot. It can be done; but why not wear a pair of shoes and do it quicker and without destroying yourself?

Mine was slow, it was slow as **** and ****. But I had just come out of a 310bhp Saab 900 Turbo, so I guess it would be. It did however get me to work and back, so I can't knock it for that. As a mode of transport it was excellent.

Could I get excited about it retrospectively? Was I excited about it at the time? Not really.

My 205 GTI was MUCH more fun, cheaper to insure, cheaper to run, more reliable and weirdly better built than the 106. I'd have one of those again in a heart beat. It was slower, but it actually had something about it and a bit of character. Every 106 I've been in has just been a bit...hateful.

I'm bored of this discussion now anyway, enjoy.

:undwech:

Kids that havent earned anything??? what does that have to do with it?
Youre basically saying they "havent earned anything" yet can go and spend 1000 on a car + 1000-3000 on insurance and they havent earned anything? Are you simple?

As for blaming lads in 106s for raising your insurance, why dont you have a look at saxos or corsa's? Im pretty sure the corsa is the most owned car about for youngsters at the min. With those C20LET conversions its obv not going to be cheap to insure is it.

Yes the 205 gti was a much nicer car but that wasnt owned by as many young lads, thats more of an "owners" car, they were also alot more expensive than the budget 106.

We all have opinions but yours was just a pointless arguement.
Its like a referance... if you dont have a good one, dont say anything.

I do also blame Saxos and Corsas for my increased insurance premiums, lack of sleep and shocking image as somebody with a "modified" car.

I'm not biased; I genuinely hate everyone haha.

I do also blame Saxos and Corsas for my increased insurance premiums, lack of sleep and shocking image as somebody with a "modified" car.

I'm not biased; I genuinely hate everyone haha.

Well I blame the drink drivers in their Ford KAs who crash into people in their Saxo's for increased insurance premiums.... (And the damage they caused to my back!)

Haha it's rubbish, I spent a short period of time afterwards having a fear/hatred of all KA drivers :(

I feel the same way about small rodents ever since mice got in my shed and chewed the light switch.

Furry little *******s, I'll kill them all.