Petrol station wrongly advertising the petrol

coatesy

poking badgers with spoons
Reaction score
I'm annoyed at this, I go to the "shell" garage on the way to work. There is signs up saying its going to be a BP garage soon.

Right fine, I put "v power" in my car as it says on the pump "v power".

I go in to pay and hand my shell card over woman says we are nit shell anymore we are BP.

I proceed to say well your still selling shell fuel. Her reply was no its all BP fuel.

I go nice one I'm supposed to run my car on v power. Her reply was well you should of known....

How could I know when the pump is advertising "v power" and telling me its v power "v power" I'm putting in my car. Silly cow !

Rant over, at least it was only half a tank and not a full one and its cost me 151.9p per liter .... The slags!

Contact your local office of fair trading and report them.

Reactions: _G_
I would be livid mate.....I to only use V power in my car....I can't see why anyone would even want to use BP Ultimate if there is a Shell V power available near by. Anyway....

I think you would need some proof other than your receipt and what this women said.... maybe take a few pictures if you can of the petrol pumps and also the signs saying it will become BP soon, just so you have some more evidence of this pi$$ take.

Is the receipt a Shell or BP and was the offers/signs in the shop BP or Shell?

Btw I thought £148.9 was a rip off for V power down here - let along £151.9 for BP Ultimate!

I should of asked for a receipt, I paid cash so didn't get one.

It's just pure a **** take and even after saying nice one my car will run gash now, she just wasn't ***** (I live in middlesbrough people here just don't give a toss about anyone else lol)

I should of asked for a receipt, I paid cash so didn't get one.

It's just pure a **** take and even after saying nice one my car will run gash now, she just wasn't ***** (I live in middlesbrough people here just don't give a toss about anyone else lol)

I always pay cash, can ask for a receipt no problems.

your car wont run gash lol.
v power isnt magic you know

No I know it wont but to put emphasis on the fact that there doing wrong. You say what ever you like.

When I got to work and said my piece about what they are doing. One of the lads said a couple of days ago when they went in to the petrol station. A bloke that was in front of him had filled his car up and said exactly the same thing and the people in the petrol station said the same thing that they said to me.

And v power is magic have you not seen how its made... It's made from unicorn ****

I'm annoyed at this, I go to the "shell" garage on the way to work. There is signs up saying its going to be a BP garage soon.

Right fine, I put "v power" in my car as it says on the pump "v power".

I go in to pay and hand my shell card over woman says we are nit shell anymore we are BP.

I proceed to say well your still selling shell fuel. Her reply was no its all BP fuel.

I go nice one I'm supposed to run my car on v power. Her reply was well you should of known....

How could I know when the pump is advertising "v power" and telling me its v power "v power" I'm putting in my car. Silly cow !

Rant over, at least it was only half a tank and not a full one and its cost me 151.9p per liter .... The slags!

Hi m8. Can I ask what livery the garage is from the road bp signs or shell ?? Can't understand why that as happened.. Forecourts should close until swop over is complete I.e different grade etc, but if its till shell garage selling bp that takes the biscuit.. If its bp livery and signs up I.e the price post then that's fair enough you can't moan m8...

The garage will probably shut down for a day or two before they actually switch fuels to flush the tanks out! there's nothing worse than opening at a new site and dispensing the crap that's built up at the bottom of the tanks ... badly affected customers would spread the word & go elsewhere.

It's more likely that the cashiers are skimming people's points\rewards for themselves or others, Or no longer have the authority from Shell to issue them. Go back for more fuel, ask again for your points\rewards, and this time use your phone to record the conversation. ;)

The garage will probably shut down for a day or two before they actually switch fuels to flush the tanks out! there's nothing worse than opening at a new site and dispensing the crap that's built up at the bottom of the tanks ... badly affected customers would spread the word & go elsewhere.

It's more likely that the cashiers are skimming people's points\rewards for themselves or others, Or no longer have the authority from Shell to issue them. Go back for more fuel, ask again for your points\rewards, and this time use your phone to record the conversation. ;)

Nah its done now, I'd only end up punching her in the vage lol

I could just take a dump and feed it through the night time window as its a 24 hour ...

At least it wasn't a full tank so that's main thing. So I didn't get that ripped off. It just took the ****