Petrol smell offside rear

U

Unknown

Can anyone help?
Strong petrol smell when parked and i put hand under car infront of offside rear wheel and found a hole that was wet and smells of petrol.
What is this hole?
Any simple things I can check?

No not for several weeks.
Tank third full.
Speed bumps in my road but go over quite slow because I wondered if sloshing petrol around in tank could be a factor.
Noticed on last few hot days but could be red herring.
Any idea what the outlet hole is underneath because it had petrol smell?

Fuel return line went on mine but it's a 1.9 diesel so not sure if the parts would be the same.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

jack the car up, remove the wheel arch liner and have a good look around the fuel tank neck etc with a torch.
Given the fact the fuel tank filler point is just behind the rear offside wheel , it could be from there or between the filler cap and the fuel tank which is under the rear seats.
fuel lines are mounted under the sill , fuel filter is just infront of the offside rear wheel under the floor.

Reactions: Sidrick
Thank you all very much for your responses!
This is my maiden voyage with Audi-Sport and already think this Forum is great.
Think Ill get a manual - still intrigued to know what the small hole is under the car just in front of offside rear wheel.....

The fuel filter is in that area also!

Enviado do meu SM-G930F através do Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies!
20200609 141247
20200609 141316
Here's 2 pics - anyone know what holes are. One had a damp patch that smelled of petrol - the one with threaded thing in it. Are there any vent pipes discharging above this area?

just trying to workout which part of underbody that is.
If its just in front of the rear offside wheel and a small panel it will be the fuel filter cover, if you can smell petrol from that small area it maybe your fuel filter that is to blame or the connections to it which are not sealing correctly.

Thats all there is in that particular area under the car on the outside .

Looks to me like the plastic cover over the fuel return line. normally those holes are filled with pop rivets

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

That is the fuel filter cover ,looks the same as mine.
whip it off and check the filter hose connections are not leaking.
Cvt4