1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petrol Engines

DaveW Feb 16, 2019

1. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

If anyone is interested, the 45TFSI and 55TFSI engines are now available on the Audi UK configurator. Theres is now also a 40TDI Quattro available.
    Cheers,
    Dave

CHEZ likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

It whetted my appetite, until I saw the starting price of £43.5k for the sline :scared2:

DaveW and Simonwhite2000 like this.
  4. Simonwhite2000

Simonwhite2000 2017 S5 Coupe Daytona Grey

Given how terrible i found the 50tdi i still think you dont need any more than a 40tdi. 55 tfsi does sound lovely and would be creamy smooth but a 40tdi with a few nice options and a DTUK box is the sweet spot i think.

cuke2u likes this.
  5. ascr

ascr New Member

The 55 would have been my preferred choice as I don't do many miles, however talking to the dealer, they are anticipating the earliest build dates week 11, and a c. 26 week lead time to UK deliveries. It's a shame but I just cannot wait that long, so sticking so tha the 50 I have on order.

6. Paul - Berkshire

Paul - Berkshire Member Audi A6 quattro S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

Still ****** I could not order the 55 as it drives like a dream. The 50 is not shabby and adequate, on reflection I should have purchased on a 3 or 4 year leased as residuals will erode as electric becomes credible. The other Audi A6 C7 on the drive will be holding out for the electric. One thing is for sure, after dieselgate, AUDI will be investing their future on electric.
    The e-tron is far from a finished product and I take my hat off to early adopters as they will fund the way to making this a realistic proposition. Drove one in Germany a while ago and UK recently. The motoring rag hacks are over enthusiastic and easily impressed. For £70k plus I doubt they would be spending their own cash on this. As a company purchase making a statement, that is another matter.

7. cuke2u

8. elan2s

elan2s Active Member

Puzzled as to why the 40TDi Quattro, which has the same engine outputs as the standard car and weighs more, produces better fuel consumption and lower CO2 output. Same data appears on the Audi Germany site as the UK. Can't help thinking someone at Audi has made a mistake

9. cuke2u

We seem to have drifted across to discussing diesels when this thread is really about petrol engines....

DaveW likes this.
  10. DaveW

DaveW Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

It'd already strayed into hybrid territory :grinning: