Pesky kids!

Reaction score
Does anybody have any ideas on how to stop my car being scratched by kids cleaning the snow off to have snowball fights? Or even when I clear it myself. It's got a couple of coats of jetseal on for protection, but I don't fancy trying to buff scratches out from Parker zips and poppers on sleeves! Any ideas?

Could get a big dog to keep in a kennel by the car? or an alarm that talks to you when you get too close? or one of those electrocuting devices they have in the states that gives anyone touching the car a quick zap? (illegal over here I think)

I'd love to, but I might just end up standing at the window curtain twitching with a laser pen. I think I'm going to just have to clean it off carefully myself, just so they don't jump all over the car.

Freddy kreuger?

Jokes aside though, would it not be a good idea to use a car cover for the snow issue. I know my family members seem to think it will get nicked where we are but guess it depends what your area is like and whether your willing to chance it. The thing is unlike me, who has said i will choke them a la homer simpson if they deliberately did it. Kids just trying to make snow balls aren't trying to be malicious.

Just my suggestion and i'm sure a cheap car cover could do the trick.

the cheap car covers can do more harm than good

Freddy kreuger?

Jokes aside though, would it not be a good idea to use a car cover for the snow issue. I know my family members seem to think it will get nicked where we are but guess it depends what your area is like and whether your willing to chance it. The thing is unlike me, who has said i will choke them a la homer simpson if they deliberately did it. Kids just trying to make snow balls aren't trying to be malicious.

The kids aren't malicious, and I'm just as worried about me scratching it clearing the snow off. It seems like I should try and get another coat of wax on at the weekend and hope they stay away. I'm actually assuming we will get some heavy snow, we've only had showers so far.
On the upside, I can't wait to try out the Quattro on the slippery stuff!

Freddy kreuger?

The kids aren't malicious, and I'm just as worried about me scratching it clearing the snow off. It seems like I should try and get another coat of wax on at the weekend and hope they stay away. I'm actually assuming we will get some heavy snow, we've only had showers so far.
On the upside, I can't wait to try out the Quattro on the slippery stuff!

the cheap car covers can do more harm than good

Like you said, the cheap versions probably would but i assume that anybody that is willing to protect a pride and joy like many of the owners here, its probably something we'll spend a little more on to make sure we don't do more harm than good really.

Personally think a garage is the best place but since some of us aren't lucky enough, a good car cover might just be what we could use to protect during the snow.

As long as you get enough protection on the car the paintwork should be fine, avoid using any brushes or spades (im sure you will) and be careful of your sleeves/rings etc

Or borrow our sledges :p

sledge.jpg

Oh god! The amount of people that have a brand new vehicle, only to end up at the local 3 quid carwash too now seems to stand out as the most stupid thing one can do, but thats cause they don't realise the damage they're causing.

+1 on not using a spade though lol.

I think just trying to get rid of as much snow as possible by hand so only a small layer not worth trying to make a snowball out of is another option. They probably wouldn't bother but i'd say just find a method your gonna be happy with.