Persuade me to jump ship from M135i BMW to Facelift S3!

@GSB I'm gonna send you one of these...

Reactions: pburv, azibux1, GSB and 1 other person
Wash your mouth out... Prettier indeed. Pfft...

That turbo is bolted to a Stone Age iron block 1400cc engine, that's carting around a far larger set of contrived hackneyed retro Americana style panels than the MX5, and it cant be had with the Mazda's gorgeous RF roof.

And, an Abarth 124 will set you back north of £31k... That's not toy money, that's new S3 money, or year old Boxter money...

In fact, Abarth pricing makes Audi look eminently sensible. If you are so minded (and plenty of buyers seem to be) you can buy an Abarth 500 without the rear seats, but still with less than 200 hp, which with all the good options will set you back rather more than the £11k city car it's based on (which of course shares its underpinnings with the £9k Ford Ka).

The 500 biposto, a 2 seat seat track biased front drive city car, yours for £50k.
Did l hit a nerve there grant.....lol what new facelift S3 car,can one get for £31k??? and drive like a fiat with the interior of a Mazda Hmmm...if yer into cross dressing by all means go 500....but l thought you didn't go mainstream but you still got a Audi.... Lol the Abarth adds a very expensive Italian flair.....fiat's version of a RS 124

Reactions: pburv
Having finally made a decision :yahoo:and moved to 'the dark side' I thought I'd better join the forum! Thanks for all your advice and comments on here - really useful. A long wait now until October but at least I've still got the Mlite to see me through ....:racer:

Mrs FB - aka 'Soup' :redface new:
Golden.... Lol

Reactions: pburv
Did l hit a nerve there grant.....lol what new facelift S3 car can one get for £31k??? and drive like a fiat with the interior of a Mazda Hmmm...if yer into cross dressing by all means go 500....but l thought you didn't go mainstream but you still got a Audi.... Lol the Abarth adds a very expensive Italian flair.....fiat's version of a RS

Unashamed MX5 fan Jassy, plus, you have to wonder... Would Mazda develop, test and then build a version of their car for a competitor to sell into the same niche market that Mazda have had pretty much all to themselves for almost 3 decades, if they weren't building the best version for themselves? :wink:

Yep, you can get a facelift S3 with no options for less than £31k, best price I've seen is £29150 for an ibis white manual 3 door.

@Max-Robbo I'll take one of those in Large please!

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Max-Robbo
Well after the quote I got today for my 15 month old S3 I'll be looking at other makes again when I change cars! Just been offered £22k from a main dealership, WBAC offered £22,250...so what incentive is there to keep loyal to Audi if they screw us over on PX prices??? :sadlike:

Well after the quote I got today for my 15 month old S3 I'll be looking at other makes again when I change cars! Just been offered £22k from a main dealership, WBAC offered £22,250...so what incentive is there to keep loyal to Audi if they screw us over on PX prices??? :sadlike:
****, that's horrendous!

All I will say is don't expect any better from BMW. Similar depreciation on our M135i (indeed probably a little worse) is one of the big influencing factors for our ditching BMW and buying an Audi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Max-Robbo
All I will say is don't expect any better from BMW. Similar depreciation on our M135i (indeed probably a little worse) is one of the big influencing factors for our ditching BMW and buying an Audi!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. In the 23 months I owned my M235i, I lost £11,500. Told myself I'd never take a hit like that again then went and bought an S3. Don't think I'll ever learn.

Reactions: Soup
In a similar predicament, always been a fan of audis but ended up getting an M135i. Was looking at getting an s3 after this but feel like I may end up feeling like it's a step down from the bmw only because I have a jb4 box installed so car is running 390+bhp.
It is practically useless in the wet though.