Performance upgrades for 2015 S3 sedan

PanamaS3

Reaction score
Recently bought a glacier white S3 sedan with black pack and had the upgraded silver/black wheels painted all black....so its a bit of a stormtrooper :) Anyway, am thinking very seriously of doing some performance upgrades to bring out the inner beast...
Spoken to some owners of the same car here in Panama who have given their cars the MTM treatment especially for this model....ECU and new black turbo back exhaust...plus APR carbon air intake....I haven't driven one yet but am lead to believe these mod's take the car over 400bhp and have no effect on the cars standard settings or warranty (as the ECU piggy backs the standard one and overrides it...easy to unplug).....so....just wondering if anyone has any pro/cons/things to avoid/must do's etc on what I'm planning.....thanks

More pics of your S3 would be very nice indeedy my friend :thumbs up:

Reactions: RYuill
New wheels

this was when it just arrived at the dealer...i had the wheels painted full matte black afterwards, but they didn't do a great job unfortunately

Reactions: Blackwhite and Bristle Hound
here's the wheels after painting....
Wheels done

Reactions: The Engineer, Bristle Hound, Dazzeroo and 2 others
thanks man! i really only chose the white because here in panama its pretty warm and dark cars are not a great idea....however in hindsight....having to wash the car very regularly, i should have gone with grey....but what the heck...thats boring....so i'm pretty happy with it...

Reactions: Blackwhite
thanks man! i really only chose the white because here in panama its pretty warm and dark cars are not a great idea....however in hindsight....having to wash the car very regularly, i should have gone with grey....but what the heck...thats boring....so i'm pretty happy with it...

Great choice! I had a black car for 17 years. My new one is Glacier White
with Black pano Roof. ( A3 Saloon 2.0 quattro S-tronic. ) I was also hesitant
about white, but I am so happy I chose it. :kissmyrings:

No...I chose the "black pack" which changes all the chrome to black...my only issue is with the chrome tailpipes which are shiny and unfortunately never stay clean due to exhaust residue...but I'm hoping to fix that with a new exhaust system which comes with black tips... :)

No...I chose the "black pack" which changes all the chrome to black...my only issue is with the chrome tailpipes which are shiny and unfortunately never stay clean due to exhaust residue...but I'm hoping to fix that with a new exhaust system which comes with black tips... :)
Mine also has black instead of chrome except for the chrome tailpipes which I really don't mind.

Ohh ok, then I'm pleased with my results as it looks just like yours LOL, an the price of a can is ridiculous really.

Anyways, REVO map is out, there's one user that made a pretty good review. AS you stated, APR intake. Don't know if there are downpipes yet..

A cool cheap mod. would be the Go Fast Bits DV+.. Holds boost better and improves throttle response.. you should check it out.

Keep posting bro.

Ohh ok, then I'm pleased with my results as it looks just like yours LOL, an the price of a can is ridiculous really.

Anyways, REVO map is out, there's one user that made a pretty good review. AS you stated, APR intake. Don't know if there are downpipes yet..

A cool cheap mod. would be the Go Fast Bits DV+.. Holds boost better and improves throttle response.. you should check it out.

Keep posting bro.
Sorry for such a delayed response...just checked out the Go Fast Bits DV+ and it does look pretty cool and effective for very little coin.
I'm keen to do the APR intake and have also looked at their turbo muffler delete but have no experience of doing this before so wondering the benefit of that versus any greater noise...don't want to sound too much like a boyracer...
I want to do the exhaust, but its a lot of coin...so it would need to sound pretty special to go for it. A guy here has an MTM exhaust on his S3 so am keen to go and hear that and drive it to see the difference.
I don't need to worry about emissions here in Panama...and with so many boyracer taxis...I don't need to worry too much about noise...just hate getting into the office and have the cleaner telling everyone she saw me weaving through traffic at speed....damn....I am a boyracer :)

Love the car dude. Mine is white also, pain to wash.
Sorry for such a delayed response...just checked out the Go Fast Bits DV+ and it does look pretty cool and effective for very little coin.
I'm keen to do the APR intake and have also looked at their turbo muffler delete but have no experience of doing this before so wondering the benefit of that versus any greater noise...don't want to sound too much like a boyracer...
I want to do the exhaust, but its a lot of coin...so it would need to sound pretty special to go for it. A guy here has an MTM exhaust on his S3 so am keen to go and hear that and drive it to see the difference.
I don't need to worry about emissions here in Panama...and with so many boyracer taxis...I don't need to worry too much about noise...just hate getting into the office and have the cleaner telling everyone she saw me weaving through traffic at speed....damn....I am a boyracer :)

Its a pig removing the add on bits on a dark colds and wet night while you wait for the tow truck though.......

here's a question for anyone that's way more savvy than me on performance upgrades (that's everyone btw)....I read that a diverter was better than a blow off valve...however wondered if both were unnecessary if you have a turbo back exhaust.....?

Love the car dude. Mine is white also, pain to wash.
cheers dude....yes I do love the black white look...toying with adding a starwars stormtrooper sticker (discretely)....nardo and black pack for me next me thinks...white is a constant pain to clean

Its a pig removing the add on bits on a dark colds and wet night while you wait for the tow truck though.......
you mean because you don't want to affect warranty steeve?...me thinks once you go down that route you are pretty screwed in hiding stuff and just have to hope you have a good relationship with your dealer