Performance mods advice needed

JeffY

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for advice on performance mods for my bought from new very low mileage 3 year old A3 2.0T quattro sportback. I'm looking to bring it up to around stock S3 performance but with much improved handling and brakes. Ideally I want the eingine to sound sweeter/quieter if possible and I want the car to be optimized for Alps/mountain driving rather than track. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

resonated turboback exhaust, panel filter or even better cold air intake, and remap. you should be around stock s3 figures.

Thanks,

Would a AMD 2.0 FSI TURBO STAGE 3 (Milltek sport turbo back + remap) be a good choice? Is it quieter/same/noisier than the stock exhaust? I'd like all the mods to be as stealthy as possible. i.e. my wife won't notice. :)

Any advice on suspension/ brakes upgrade (for mountain driving)?

go for a resonated milltek turbo back and she won't notice, as it sound as oem, only at the higher revs it's a bit louder :icon_thumright: you should consider panel filter at least it's not noisy as cold air intake but it gives a little extra air. think that amd stage 3 should do the job.
as for brakes and suspension you should see how it handles with the extra power imo.

Don't think you will need a brake upgrade unless you plan to track the car.

How much do you want to spend?

A simple remap will transform the car to around 240-50bhp

Then its a question of how far you want to go....

Miltek non-resonated - personally, I'd go for that, quiet when you want it to be and sounds amazing when you want it to!

Milltek down pipe

Cold Air Intake (CAI) or panel filter - just depends what you want from the car

Stage 2 map (if you buy both CAI and downpipe)

with stage 2 you should be in and around 270bhp or so which is S3 power but with probably more torque which will be awesome for you as you already have quattro.

Stage 2+ (which I am not sure if you can get) includes an uprated fuel pump and possibly an intercooler (be it S3 or forge item).

This could potentially bring you close to 290-300bhp but then again, you will have to think of cost regarding uprated clutches, injectors, brakes etc...

Thanks guys, I don't really have a budget limit, although I probably wouldn't go over £5K for the mods.

I drove around at the Alps a few weeks ago, Davos, Stelvio, Livigno, st. Bernadino and Gotthard pass which was awesome. Stock suspension was a bit spongy at times and the brakes simply weren't up to the task as they overheated very easily. I'll likely be doing the same/similar trip next year and at least for that trip the extra power would be wasted without improved suspension and brakes.

On my A3 the Whiteline WALK and Whiteline anti roll bars transformed the handling from 'stodgy' to fun............

Thanks Cloggie,

I have been looking at the Whiteline stuff, looks good but doesn't appear to be compatible with Quattro, is that right?

and the brakes simply weren't up to the task as they overheated very easily.

The S3/Cupra/R32 setup looks like a very reasonably priced mod, esp if you get the parts secondhand off ebay. Come to think of it, that's what I should be doing....