Perfect colour / color for an S7 ?

Batmike

Reaction score
I am just waiting to finish my current lease this year and will order an S7 Vorsprung. It seems we don't have the Exclusive program for the S7 in the UK.

As the current plan is to actually keep the car - I want to make sure I get the right colour.

Looking at the options - it seems Mythos Black is the only that works for me and at least on the picture, it seems to look pretty nice - especially with the black accents.

RWroyux.png

But I am wondering what else is out there. As I won't be leasing the car, it will be a lot easier to change the car - so no restrictions etc.

I considered a few options ...

• Leave as is, powder coat wheels, rings and badges (or wrap or Topaz Skin) and maybe clear bra
  • Change colour from Audi palette - not sure there is anything I want - the ones I think that would fit - like the green one - is only available for RS models
  • Change colour using a Wrap or Topaz Skin. I considered purple. For wrap maybe KPMF Matte Iced Amethyst Titanium. When going Topaz Skin I'd be actually tempted to go for Viola Pasifae - Lambo colour - or the other extreme - Porsche's 2M8 - which essentially is Acid Green. Although Acid Green would be great for the S5 / RS5 .. but now I am pretty much settled on the S7 .. I think .. or RS5
But don't know .. if Audi would offer any colour - what would you use ?

Also wonder if anyone ever comes out with a solution for the fake exhausts. Tempted colour match the inside of the fake tips with the outside colour so it MAY not be as obvious.

Thoughts ?

This is probably going to jarr, but my own (personal) preference would be Tango Red. You mention black highlights - I'm not sure your picture is UK spec, since it would have aluminium wing mirrors and aluminium accents on the front air dam etc, ?

Also, curious that you've gone for an S7, since your impression of the S6 was less than favourable over on the other forum ;-)

This is probably going to jarr, but my own (personal) preference would be Tango Red. You mention black highlights - I'm not sure your picture is UK spec, since it would have aluminium wing mirrors and aluminium accents on the front air dam etc, ?

Also, curious that you've gone for an S7, since your impression of the S6 was less than favourable over on the other forum ;-)

Thanks .. the picture is actually UK spec - with metallic paint (Mythos Black) - you get body coloured mirrors.

Yea I was disappointed with the S6 but as it turns out I may have overreacted (mea culpa) ... Also - I rented an S7 and fell in love tbh ... I know it has the same fake exhaust issues and whatnot - but the detail of the options I had there (S7 Vorsprung) was mindblowing and the look of it really grew on me.

Not to mention the 700NM .. OMG ... In fact - I start to wonder if the guy just badged it an S6 ... I THINK they have the same drive train so I shouldn't be surprised by the pull.. But I am ...

If the RS7 wouldn't be north of six-figures, I would consider that - but we will see. I have until the summer to decide what to do ... I have been waiting for the S5/RS5 but Audi is dragging their feet - in fact, I even considered the S8 but that is nowhere to be seen either. Although the 8 would certainly hit six figures so it probably won't be it.

I will test-drive the S7 in summer again to make sure I still love it and to make sure Audi didn't even remove more features silently, like the the Park Assist (the self-parking, not sensors).

S7 is just north of 90k - not saying that is better than 100k - but certainly physiological under six figures lol ...

In terms of colours - I can't get used to red tbh. - Nardo Grey is yet another idea that may have been over-used.

Well for that kind of money you could have an RS7.. Perhaps not such a high spec... But THAT engine... Mmmmm..

Upload 2020 1 21 19 47 44

Upload 2020 1 21 19 53 46

Last edited:
Where's that deal coming from ? I mean the Vorsprung price IS close. JUST another £5k would be great

Not sure if there are any rules about posting websites on this forum (guess I'm about to find out!), but the above is from www.broadspeed.com.

There are others.. I actually bought my last car (an A7 55tfsi) via carwow.co.uk, and got a big discount from RRP.

£17k savings for the S7 ... What the actual.

Do you still deal with the actual dealer for the transaction?

Do you still deal with the actual dealer for the transaction?

With Carwow? Yes I did - you input the exact car you're looking for on the Carwow website, and then you'll get a number of offers from Audi main dealers. You then contact the Audi dealer directly (quoting the Carwow reference) and from then on you deal directly with them. Saves a lot of haggling. And if the best offer is from a dealership 200 miles away, you can generally get a more local dealer to match the price (at least, that's what happened in my case!)

Oh broadspeed .... Trust pilot doesn't fill me with warm feelings.

So I've never used Broadspeed, so can't comment. But their prices are indicative of what you could save.. Give Carwow a go. (It costs nothing, and there's no commitment).

By the way - I DON'T work for Carwow or any of them. Just realised how this thread thread was looking ;-)

Lol interesting difference in tax.

S7: CO2 - 170g/km = £530 / annum
RS7: CO2 - 265g/km = £2,135 / annum

Haven't even checked insurance. That's probably scary too.