Peoples opinions on this b7 rs4 for sale

Bushell27

Reaction score
Hi, I currently own an a4 avant b8 sline, full spec and love the car but 143 2.0 tdi it's just so slow and not too fun to drive, so looking at swaps/px for a b7 rs4.

My question is people's opinions on this rs4 on eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181587717027?redirect=mobile

as far as spec goes, it is what I'm after, can deal with its cat d and can see paint needs some love, it's the service history that's bothering me, "previous owner lost book, duplicate book here just send to audi uk" I've called audi uk today with only 2 services with audi, 2007 and 2010 with no detail on what's been done,
My worries are, is it mechanically sound? It's already had 7 owners?? Red flag? I'm as far south as you can get and it being Blackburn, can't just pop round to view

Stay clear?

Would be greatful for opinions and advice from you all

Cheers Dan

I'd stay clear just because it's Cat D, the fact that there's no service history is a BIG problem to me too. Even if Audi stamp in the ones they've done, there's no record of when or where oil changes were done and on an engine like the RS4's that's a risk I wouldn't take. Find an enthusiast owned one in good condition and enjoy ownership, rather than constantly worrying a big bill is coming for the sake of maybe £3k saving.

im with marty

forget that one and its a bit pricey with the cat D

don't worry about 7 owners for a RS4 most iv seen have had high owners but iv always had good service history.

Cheers for your advice boys, appreciate that, I will leave that 1, May be a while to find a simular spec without being over budget

get a nice one low spec and add the things you want when funds are there

Steer clear of Cat D's especially cars of this nature, although most Cat D vehicles are well repairable the problem comes if you have to claim your insurance...because an insurance company will have already paid out on that car you might get as little as 40-50% of the value.