people with cruise control on S3

azialex

Reaction score
is it worth it?

got courtesy car this morning as my car is getting a service

they gave me a A4 (TDI) with has cruise control. never drove a car with one in and amazed how good it is.
will it be the same in an S3? or does it work better in a diesel car?

For what it costs I'd say go for it, I had it retrofitted (by jb0o actually) purely at first as a bit of a gimmick / luxury but now find myself using it everyday. You might even save yourself a few £££ on fuel!

Getting it retro fired in mine in a couple of Weeks along with some other stuff (as per my sig). Can't wait, have missed not having it:)

I can safely say its the best thing iv ever done to the audi. jb0o fitted mines, good lad and done within an hour. I use mine every day.

I use mine a lot on the motorway, can't beat it through those miles of 50mph roadworks too!

Same as below, it's great through roadworks except when your stuck behind someone that hasn't got it, and you find yourself turning it off and on!
Mines got brake function which is fun too!

yup great gadget to have...it' s real pain on teh motorway though, you soon discover how inconsitsnat people are with their speeds!!
Oh and on Fuel ecomomy...i've found my right foot is better by about 2 mpg than the cruise.

I find that it saves quite a bit of money on fuel, particularly on the petrol cars.... Wouldn't be without it, in fact have ordered it for the rs3 lol

Always thought that cruise control was alot worse on MPG than the foot....oh well. Seeing as its a majority vote for thumbs up for cruise......is there anyone in the Edinburgh region than can retro-fit it to my S3.

I'm a fan too, first time I've had cruise control on a car and find it great on the motorway. Wouldnt use it every day as I go in and out of different speed zones too many times to have it on. Go for the retro fit! Another gadget to play with is always a good thing anyway :icon_thumright:

I picked my S3 up from the dealer, drove home and fitted the cruise within 1hr of getting home, that's how much I like it. It's a god send driving through road works and known speed camera sites.

Depends, mines now the same as the new A4 you've been given because when i drove the A4 when mine was in for a service i loved the cruise control, but in my S3 (56plate) i can't change gear without turning of cruise controll off. In the A4 it didn't turn it off. Plus on the dis it's different. On the A4 it tells you what speed you've set it at, on mine it's set at the speed i was doing when i set it. Doesn't bother me though that much because it rules in the 50mph motorway speed camera's. I got mine fitted 1month after i drove the A4. ha

Surprised at all the positive comments to be honest, I hardly ever use mine. On motorways I find it's not much use given the inconsistent speeds people drive at and round here there is always traffic so that kind of blows it for me. The only time I use it (and even then not always) is at average speed camera sections of motorways, speeds tend to be much more consistent and it gives me a break from watching the speedo. If I was getting a new car I wouldn't choose it as an option myself