Facelift People with a Res delete HELP!

Reaction score
Hi just a quick question on the resonator delete is there noticeable difference in how loud / crackles and pops there is in the different drive select modes like there is with the standard exhaust?
Basically does it still pop and bang like a yobo when say driving in comfort or eco?
Thanks

Hi just a quick question on the resonator delete is there noticeable difference in how loud / crackles and pops there is in the different drive select modes like there is with the standard exhaust?
Basically does it still pop and bang like a yobo when say driving in comfort or eco?
Thanks

Yes there is a big difference more than you would think, sounds great.

No, it only pops in dynamic set ups. The pops are 'engineered' and mapped into the car so unless it's set up right, it doesn't.

You get tiny crackles that you hear if you blip the car outside the house, but that's it.

More depth, more volume.. little popples turn into bangs.. definitely worth it.

But be aware of the drone when accelerating slowly between 2500 and 3500rpm.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
Yes there is a big difference more than you would think, sounds great.

No, it only pops in dynamic set ups. The pops are 'engineered' and mapped into the car so unless it's set up right, it doesn't.

You get tiny crackles that you hear if you blip the car outside the house, but that's it.

More depth, more volume.. little popples turn into bangs.. definitely worth it.

But be aware of the drone when accelerating slowly between 2500 and 3500rpm.
Thanks I'm still in 2 minds if to get it done come from a very loud S3 8P which I loved when joining but I enjoy it being quiet when it's slowly pottering about

Reactions: Rob2k68
Powervalve Exhausts engineered an anti-drone res delete. I believe it's around the £260 mark.

Reactions: SJ43, Rayner_1704 and Rob2k68
Thanks I'm still in 2 minds if to get it done come from a very loud S3 8P which I loved when joining but I enjoy it being quiet when it's slowly pottering about

Pottering around is still quiet, I only notice building slowly to speed on the dual carriageway. Just got used to it.

If your 8P was that loud, I doubt this will be as loud.

If you were local to South Wales I'd take you out.....

Pottering around is still quiet, I only notice building slowly to speed on the dual carriageway. Just got used to it.

If your 8P was that loud, I doubt this will be as loud.

If you were local to South Wales I'd take you out.....
It's the drone and low revs noise I don't want trying to get out of the loud phase haha and no unfortunately not I'm up in West Yorkshire
Thanks though

I've done two videos on the res delete which i'll post below, the first video is a few quick clips of it after 100 miles or so and then the second has more clips at the end (Bit muffled but you can get the idea).

I don't get pops and crackles in other modes other than dynamic/sport/manual but i get the farts in all modes including efficiency.

Imo, no drone in the car and i have the exhaust valves open all the time, cost me £120 with a pipe and fitting and it's the best mod i could of done straight away for the car, adds a lot more character.

Reactions: Koomerang, Rayner_1704 and AudiNutta
It's the drone and low revs noise I don't want trying to get out of the loud phase haha and no unfortunately not I'm up in West Yorkshire
Thanks though

You know you want to, the noise is so good ;)

I've done two videos on the res delete which i'll post below, the first video is a few quick clips of it after 100 miles or so and then the second has more clips at the end (Bit muffled but you can get the idea).

I don't get pops and crackles in other modes other than dynamic/sport/manual but i get the farts in all modes including efficiency.

Imo, no drone in the car and i have the exhaust valves open all the time, cost me £120 with a pipe and fitting and it's the best mod i could of done straight away for the car, adds a lot more character.

No drone, very interesting! Do you have a picture of the pipe fitted to yours?

I'm having mine redone Saturday, free of charge. I noticed it blowing the other day slightly (god knows how but I did), they moved the clamps and it has come back so I'm going to scrap the interchangeable solution for the reliable option and have it welded.

I'm having mine redone Saturday, free of charge. I noticed it blowing the other day slightly (god knows how but I did), they moved the clamps and it has come back so I'm going to scrap the interchangeable solution for the reliable option and have it welded.
If I heard correctly the car has done 600 miles or so on the video? That's probably why there is no drone, mine is at around 2k miles now and isn't much quieter than the one in the vid and I still have my resonator!! The one in the vid is only going to get louder and more droney I would think.

Like I said, if you're worried about drone then give Nige at Powervalve a shout, discount for forum members and they've manufactured an anti-drone pipe.

Reactions: SJ43, AudiNutta, Rayner_1704 and 1 other person
Like I said, if you're worried about drone then give Nige at Powervalve a shout, discount for forum members and they've manufactured an anti-drone pipe.
Exactly this, I rate the BCS exhausts very highly and would be the only place taking my money for any exhaust changes

Reactions: SJ43 and Rayner_1704
Installed the res delete and covered about 1500 miles since, the cars alot louder when flooring it, but I haven't experienced any drone whatsoever.

Most my miles are motorway, so believe me I would have had it off by now if it did drone! If in dynamic you can hear the exhaust when accelerating at speed, keep it in comfort and its almost as quiet as dynamic was with the resonator.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I heard correctly the car has done 600 miles or so on the video? That's probably why there is no drone, mine is at around 2k miles now and isn't much quieter than the one in the vid and I still have my resonator!! The one in the vid is only going to get louder and more droney I would think.

Yours won't be as loud as a res deleted car, the res delete car is on another level and always will be.

When we say the cars get louder, the crackles get more frequent.. the volume is always the same.
A standard S3, is dead silent.

Installed the res delete and covered about 1500 miles since, the cars alot louder when flooring it, but I haven't experienced any drone whatsoever.

Most my miles are motorway, so believe me I would have had it off by now if it did drone! If in dynamic you can hear the exhaust when accelerating at speed, keep it in comfort and its almost as quiet as dynamic was with the resonator.

Can't upload any vids off my phone atm but I have a short vid of the pops and cracks on my instagram - pillai_s3.

Do you have any photos of your res delete pipe?

Can't upload any vids off my phone atm but I have a short vid of the pops and cracks on my instagram - pillai_s3.
Aye I think iv followed you and watched it actually I don't really use insta tho

I don't have any pics unfortunately but mine's welded and not clamped, with regards to the video, they're much louder in person, Go Pro didn't capture the sound at all with it being in its housing! Going to get more videos and driving around videos this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any pics unfortunately but mine's welded and not clamped, with regards to the video, they're much louder in person, Go Pro didn't capture the sound at all with it being in its housing! Going to get more videos and driving around videos this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was clamped you see, but it's being done again next week because it was blowing slightly and I will have it welded this time, then just get them to cut it out when I PX the car.

Is yours just a straight piece, then a slight angle to meet with the back box? Trying to figure how yours would be drone free and mine isn't. The drone isn't there when you are cruising, only accelerating... sometimes my keys even rattle in the centre console from the drone.

The videos don't do it justice no, it is pretty loud.

Yours won't be as loud as a res deleted car, the res delete car is on another level and always will be.

When we say the cars get louder, the crackles get more frequent.. the volume is always the same.
A standard S3, is dead silent.

Only going by the video posted, I never said mine was as loud; I said it isn't much quieter than the car in that particular video, the point being once that car has got quite a few more miles on it, it will get a lot louder and that may also add the drone.

Reactions: AudiNutta
Mine was clamped you see, but it's being done again next week because it was blowing slightly and I will have it welded this time, then just get them to cut it out when I PX the car.

Is yours just a straight piece, then a slight angle to meet with the back box? Trying to figure how yours would be drone free and mine isn't. The drone isn't there when you are cruising, only accelerating... sometimes my keys even rattle in the centre console from the drone.

The videos don't do it justice no, it is pretty loud.

Only going by the video posted, I never said mine was as loud; I said it isn't much quieter than the car in that particular video, the point being once that car has got quite a few more miles on it, it will get a lot louder and that may also add the drone.

I'm assuming there will be aslight angle so as to follow the correct path for the exhaust, now when i say i don't experience any drone please bare in mind that i've just came from a Golf R with no back box and no resonator and a 3.5inch pipe from the cat! I'm used to driving around with A LOT of drone so this seems relatively quiet when just knocking around the roads.

There may be some drone but none that i notice and think, "I can't live with this".

As @Pederson mentioned, the exhaust is meant to get louder which i can't wait for! As the bangs now are really loud when the car's hot so the drone may have more of an affect but not that much affect to the point where i put the res back on haha.

Hope that all made sense.

Reactions: AudiNutta and Pederson