Pentagon glass

jordychris

Reaction score
Decided to get windows tinted by pentagon glass as the seem a have a good reputation , has anyone had work done by the glasgow or manchester workshops as i am in the middle so not sure which to use.
Any ideas on the tint on an avus silver car light smoke or smoke all round

I'd go with the darker tint. I've gone for a 50% tint all round which is not really dark but is illegal for the fronts. Even though it is illegal it's just light enough for the plod to not take any notice, well not in Liverpool any way.

I'd go with the darker tint. I've gone for a 50% tint all round which is not really dark but is illegal for the fronts. Even though it is illegal it's just light enough for the plod to not take any notice, well not in Liverpool any way.

Any pics?

Pentagon did my Type R when they had a base in Stirling. They also had the contract for doing the cop cars/vans as well at the same. Can't fault their work. I went for smoke all round at the time. It did look good.

Was watching that cops show last night on BBC1. Pulled over some bird in a Range Rover with 85% tints. She argued 'Land Rover sold it to me like this'. Cop wasn't phased - he knew they'd had it tinted by someone else as no manufacturer would sell a factory supplied car that didn't meet UK legislation.

As copper suspected, they'd had tinted film fitted, so copper gave her an ultimatum - peel off some of the tint off the fronts (i.e. leaving a big mess so you'd have to eventually remove it) or have £60 & 3 points. She got her hubby out to peel off the film

QED.

I was thinking about mentioning that programme because the copper said she had to have at least 70% light through the fronts. There have been numerous posts on this site about the laws and links to the VOSA site which state you have to have 100%. I was confused because a programme on at 1900 on BBC1 is not normally a repeat from a couple of years ago but that law came out at least 1 year ago.

So can we tint fronts or not?

Mate I can't stress enough, if you are going to travel to Glasgow goto Diamond Window Tints. Davie has done 4/5 of my cars, among them, Punto, Corsa, Mini, BMW 1 & obv the A3.

www.diamondwindowtints.co.uk

He can't be beat on standard of work!

Jay

I was thinking about mentioning that programme because the copper said she had to have at least 70% light through the fronts. There have been numerous posts on this site about the laws and links to the VOSA site which state you have to have 100%. I was confused because a programme on at 1900 on BBC1 is not normally a repeat from a couple of years ago but that law came out at least 1 year ago.

So can we tint fronts or not?

You can tint the fronts but they have to be 45%, I normally go for Front 45% and Back 20%, looks just right but personal choice.

(If you have a black car the 45% becomes 46% due to the car itself but the police are aware of this)

Jay

You can tint the fronts but they have to be 45%, I normally go for Front 45% and Back 20%, looks just right but personal choice.

(If you have a black car the 45% becomes 46% due to the car itself but the police are aware of this)

Jay

It's certainly not 45%. Even 10 years ago they had to be 70% visible.

sleep envy,

Here's the link the to the thread I was part of:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=42716&

I'm going to have a catch up on it myself.

all the windows already have tint on from factory. Anything else you add on above it is further tint, which is why you normally cant tint the fronts as it take you over the %. You can still add film leagally, but to do that you wouldnt really notice any difference so it would be a waste of your cash.

The law is that you must have 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission) on the fronts, so a max of 30% tint, but as Kontraband said most windows have a slight tint anyway so you have to be careful. In most areas the police are pretty tolerant up to 50% as it's not that dark at all, but you could still get a ticket depending on the police in your area.
All of us a Designer Wheels have our fronts at 50% and never have any problem, but I think the police round here are quite lax on that sort of thing.

To be fair it all depends where you live and what the police are like etc. I wanted tints all round on my car, so I went for them. Smoked. I get worried everytime I see a 'fed' but because the car is so nice, they don't even look