SQ5 Peeling lacquer!

-Ju-

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I noticed today a small area of peeling lacquer to the rear bumper of my SQ5.
I bought the car back in December and did notice shortly after that it had a bit of paintwork on that area. Although disheartening, it wasn't enough to get stressed over.
However now that I've found the peeling laquer, I need to get back at the dealer to sort it out as it's not been prepped properly.
The dealer is a 100+ mile trip for me so I ain't going back with it but obviously want them to sort it.
How do you think I stand with this?
It's just the bit in the corner by the arch trim, everything else is reflections
20190523 202328 2268x3024
20190523 203347 3024x2268

Did you buy new? Looks like a poor respray unfortunately. Perhaps you could arrange with the dealership for somewhere nearer to repaint it...

No it was approved used.
It's not acceptable though on a car that cost me over £30k so I want them to address it.
No way I'm.going back down with it so that could be an issue

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
Well yes that goes without saying, but the dealership may not have their own bodyshop so I was suggesting you may be able to come to a agreement where they might pay for you to use one nearer to where you live to your liking..

Reactions: -Ju-
So a small update.....
I fired off an email last night noting the issue and asking the salesman to pass it on to the relevant person.
So this afternoon I got a phone call from them to say they have looked into it and confirmed they haven't done any paintwork on it.....I dont believe them!
They said I should take it to my local dealer regarding a warranty claim, to which obviously I told them its peeling lacquer over factory paint and so not a warranty issue.
I have the previous owners contact details that they conveniently (or not from their point of view lol) left in with all the service receipts, so I said I'd contact them to clarify where the work was done to which they asked me to get a couple of quotes for a "smart repair"
I'm not up for a smart repair bodge again so firstly I'll be going to my local dealer to go through the motions and then will be looking for recommendations for a local bodyshop

So I had it looked at this morning and to confirm it is a bodged repair, however on the way back from the bodyshop someone ran into me....you just couldn't make it up!
At least I won't have to fight the dealer now lol
Mainly superficial damage to the bumper but it is marked and scratched. Main damage is to the tailgate
20190525 115956 3024x2268

I know......I even hit a pigeon this aft. Flew straight in front of me coming up the motorway
Somethings not right lol

I know......I even hit a pigeon this aft. Flew straight in front of me coming up the motorway
Somethings not right lol

Stay with it Ju, you know the car's worth it...