Pedal box is completely useless IMO

drummerdimitri

Reaction score
I bought a pedal box with my tuning box as a package deal thinking it would actually increase throttle response but all it actually does it basically shorten the pedal travel required to reach WOT

I don't see how people say it improves the responsiveness of the engine because it really does not.

Why would anyone want to loose throttle input sensitivity? Is it really that hard to press the accelerator further to get more power?

Anyone else think these are marketing gimmicks that are totally useless?

Reactions: alijnclarke, Minion Bob! and Dandanfings
I have one and really like it. I know the car isn't any faster or responsive, but it 'feels' faster. For a given pedal pressure the acceleration is greater, which psychologically for me means more response for a given effort.

I really notice it and miss it when I turn it off.

I have one and really like it. I know the car isn't any faster or responsive, but it 'feels' faster. For a given pedal pressure the acceleration is greater, which psychologically for me means more response for a given effort.

I really notice it and miss it when I turn it off.

Exactly it only "feels" faster and doesn't do jack to the responsiveness of the engine so utterly useless IMO.

What happens when you realize you've run out of power halfway through the pedal's travel?

Can anyone tell me what the point of this thing is?!

You don't run out of power half way through. It's a curve adjustment that actually makes the curve more aligned with the pedal pressure. Audi (and most manufacturers) flatten the curve at the start of the pedal pressure.

What's the point? The point is that for very low investment the car 'feels' more responsive.

All it's doing is altering the shape of the throttle map.

That comes down to what you prefer.....i.e.some people prefer a linear map,some don't,but as you've said,it cannot actually increase power or any other factor,other than the way the throttle responds to a given input.

It's in the forum info and updates
I think you can do it through your user CP.

The 8V has pretty much this anyway in the form of the drive select. It doesn't give you any more power, just alters how much power is given at a given amount of pedal travel. A pointless investment IMO.

The 8V has pretty much this anyway in the form of the drive select. It doesn't give you any more power, just alters how much power is given at a given amount of pedal travel. A pointless investment IMO.

My S3 has drive select. I still prefer having the pedal box on. It takes throttle response to a whole another level.

Exactly it only "feels" faster and doesn't do jack to the responsiveness of the engine so utterly useless IMO.

What happens when you realize you've run out of power halfway through the pedal's travel?

Can anyone tell me what the point of this thing is?!

if you dont want it ill give you £100 for it ( assuming of course it is the right one for my S3 )

I thought the same thing but drive the car for a week with the box, and then turn it off. It literally feels like there is a sponge ontop of the accelerator pedal.

Yes all it does really is shorten travel before you get to WOT, but it makes power much more accessible.