pearlescent black S3

davidhodgkinson

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone comment if these would be ok for use on this black?

Any recommendations?

Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba Blue
Poorboy's EX Sealant with Carnuba

Poorboy's Leather Stuff

If you fancy the Poorboy's range, you would be better off using EX-P (pure sealant), topped with Natty's Blue (paste wax). This will highlight the pearl effect more, and leave a longer lasting glossier finish. If the paint needs a good polishing first, then the Professional Polish would be a better option to go under the EX-P, as it doesn't contain carnauba. I personally really like this combo on dark metallic/pearlescent finishes (when I get round to writing the guide on dark metallics/pearlescents, this combo will feature!). :)

So you'd recommend

Poorboy's Professional Polish

Then

Poorboy's EX-P Sealant
Poorboy's Natty's Paste Wax Blue

With Poorboy's Leather Stuff, for the seats :)

Are these polishes anygood at masking swirl marks? I know it Won't get rid of them, but I can't afford a PC!

My car has some slight swirling since the ****** dealer washed it when it was PDI'd.

If these are no good what is the best polish to mask swirling, I use AG SRP at the mo.

Cheers!!

Terry

figured it out :)

All I can say is WOW!!! What a finish these products have given...

I'll post some pics up soon

My a4 s-line is in pearlescent black and I use CG's 50/50 and the stuff is awesome - highly recommended

6.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Sorry to bring this up again - but what would you recommend to use for a weekly/bi-weekly top up?

No harm in another coat of the wax, but for something quicker then Jeffs Werkstatt Carnauba Glos is well worth a shot, as it's a quick detailer with a decent liquid carnauba content; ideal for drying off and topping up at the same time. :)

terrymcg said:
Are these polishes anygood at masking swirl marks? I know it Won't get rid of them, but I can't afford a PC!

My car has some slight swirling since the ****** dealer washed it when it was PDI'd.

If these are no good what is the best polish to mask swirling, I use AG SRP at the mo.

Cheers!!

Terry

The best glaze we sell for hiding swirls is Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze; it's easy enough to use, and has great filling power. Just be sure to seal any glazing layers under a few coats of sealant and/or wax, as otherwise the fillers will be washed out very quickly, negating the effect.