Peace at last . . .

margin-walker

Reaction score
The screeching . . . the juddering . . . the incessant ****** noise . . . I couldn't stand it any longer. Enough was enough - I ordered some Bosch aero wiper blades. Peace at last!

Reactions: scotty76 and Sandra
Hmmm bosch you say... It wont be long till its back.

Valeo VM303's all the way i made the bish bash bosch mistake myself. Ive had the valeos on well over a year now and still no noise but are ready for changing due to inconsistant wipe which ill do next weekend when i get my windscreen replaced.

Hi Palfy, the previous wiper blades were Valeo! I'll see how long the bish bash bosch last me, if I have to eat my words I'll let you know. :)

ok sounds like they all have the same problems then eventually guess my bosch ones just wore quicker than the valeo's. They made a huge thudding noise on the change of direction and juddered more than the olde judder man himself.

I've had bosch ones on mine since I got it - never caused any problems in terms of noise for me.... and thats them probably nearing the end of their life now.

Shedloads of Rainex and no wipers at all FTW haha!!

I hate having to use wipers and generally try to avoid doing so unless its nearing monsoon conditions.

Wipers annoy me.

Shedloads of Rainex and no wipers at all FTW haha!!

I hate having to use wipers and generally try to avoid doing so unless its nearing monsoon conditions.

Wipers annoy me.

What's the best method of applying RainX and how often do you find yourself putting it on? Might grab myself a bottle next time I'm in Halfords.

Azeem

Ive seen coatings by gtechniq which disperse water well. few vids on you tube :icon_thumright:

What's the best method of applying RainX and how often do you find yourself putting it on? Might grab myself a bottle next time I'm in Halfords.

Azeem

Haha I was only half serious with my last comment - in honesty, you'll probably not notice all that much difference at town kinda speeds, but above 30mph, I find it works pretty well.

As for application, clean your window as you would normally, then apply the rainex with a cloth. Leave it to haze for a bit and then buff it off.

Certainly doesnt last forever, if you want to use it regularly, i'd say probably a monthly application would do, but thats a guesstimate.

I've got an alternative product from Angelwax to try next time, its called H2Go - not sure how it'll compare against RainX

Ive seen coatings by gtechniq which disperse water well. few vids on you tube :icon_thumright:

I've also heard good things about them too.

Haha I was only half serious with my last comment - in honesty, you'll probably not notice all that much difference at town kinda speeds, but above 30mph, I find it works pretty well.

As for application, clean your window as you would normally, then apply the rainex with a cloth. Leave it to haze for a bit and then buff it off.

Certainly doesnt last forever, if you want to use it regularly, i'd say probably a monthly application would do, but thats a guesstimate.

I've got an alternative product from Angelwax to try next time, its called H2Go - not sure how it'll compare against RainX

haha fair enough mate. If it doesn't work wonders then I'd rather pass and save the money to be honest.

I was going to get a pair of Bosch wiper blades for mine. But when I looked at a few of the posts about it all the guys were saying to buy OEM blades. So I did and they were all right as they are fantastic. They just swish across the screen with hardly any noise at all. I was also told that the OEM blades are also made by Valeo aswell.

Reactions: Molnboman
What kinda money's in the OEM ones anyway? I'm due a set and was just gonna go with the valeos which I think come in about £30 for the pair.

Got mine from the main dealer for about £38, but if you search for them on eBay as genuine a4 wiper blades you will find that Lincoln Audi do them at £36.99. I've found them but for some reason it won't let me paste the link.

The Bosch aero twin I bought were £26 a set from windscreenwipersdirect.co.uk. I can't believe Halfrauds sell them for £40! I nearly fell flat on my **** pulling the old blades off though, they were on really tight and released instantly!

Yeah so do I ,and I think all the competition keeps the prices down.

I just used one of the £10 sets of blades from ebay.. they seem to work fine.. and I can then get 3 sets for the price of the OEM or Bosch.
There was one dealer on ebay selling the OEM for about £28 a set which I thought was pretty good. Just need to get a rear wiper now.