PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) Possible on this?

essIII

Reaction score
All,

I've had this dent on the roof of my S3 for too long now! I'd kind of written it off as too expensive to bother repairing, but it does make me cry a little each time I was the car! Having read a bit about PDR recently, I was wondering if anyone with any experience thought it might be possible to remove this one?

photo1-1.jpg

(right in the middle of 2nd pic, harder to spot)
photo2-1.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

looks like a good PDR guy could sort that

I would of thought so! I had my door done after some sod had opened the door on it!!

However they used bars with mine and got to it down the window. They will probably use a suction on that to be honest?

Yeah, it's the 'sharpness' of the dent that worries me - if you look at the 2nd picture there's almost a straight line crease along the bottom of it - I thought that might rule out suction?

Yeah I know what you mean! Your probably best taking it to them and see what they think? I'd definetly have it done even if there is the slightest marking left?

I think they would use a glue on it to effectively pull it out the over pull it then tap back with a little hammer thing all very clever most companies have an email contact send a pic to them

All depends on the skill of the PDR guy and whats behind the dent....it may lie exactly over a roof support cross section making access difficult/impossible.

When access is difficult they can use glue on dent pullers to get the ball rolling. May be a case of they can make it better, but not perfect.

Where abouts in the country are you? i know a PDR guy who is second to none.

All depends on the skill of the PDR guy and whats behind the dent....it may lie exactly over a roof support cross section making access difficult/impossible.

When access is difficult they can use glue on dent pullers to get the ball rolling. May be a case of they can make it better, but not perfect.

Where abouts in the country are you? i know a PDR guy who is second to none.

Surrey - no where near Lancashire! Read a few good things about these guys so will shoot them a mail: Dentex Mobile Paintless Dent Removal 19 Yrs Experience Free Online Estimates

As long is the panel is not double skinned and they can access behind the dent they can do it, bearing In mind if the crease is sharp or quite deep it will probably crack the paint work.

Best bet is take a picture and email/upload to a few PDR companies and see what they say.

I had a similar dent removed on my previous S3 after a conker fell on the roof, while waiting at a junction.
I could not tell afterwards.
All depends on the skills of the operator and where the support braces fall.

Yeah, it's the 'sharpness' of the dent that worries me - if you look at the 2nd picture there's almost a straight line crease along the bottom of it - I thought that might rule out suction?

the clear coat may be damaged - agreed.

i always think its hard to tell with pictures of dents for PDR the slight crease shouldnt be much of a problem for decent PDR guys. i have seen our local guy in aberdeen remove some dents that i did not think would be poissible but you would never notice the difference afterwards.

it would take a skilled pdr but its entirely possible if youre down dundee way theres a very good lad

I used to run my own business doing PDR and this certainly looks doable. PDR would be your best option. I used to take on any job where the paint was not cracked but every single ding/dent is different. It would have to be looked at by eye to tell if it will be removed completely or if there would be a tiny crease left as metal has memory.

All I can say is that it will look much better and would be well worth the cost of a PDR technician coming to look at it and take it on.

chipsaway do a free quote, ask for one of thier pdr guys it might cost peanuts, my mate works for them but he does manchester area.
i saw a thing on youtube the other day where you heat up the dent with a heatgun and then spray it with compressed air and it can bring the dint out, worth a look