PDC fitment help required if possible.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi chaps,
I could use a bit of help if possible with front PDC fittings.
I really need to see a close up image of the inside of the front bumper, more specifically the PDC sensor and fittings.
I used to have a pic on file but can't access it at this time hence the request for assistance.

I need to see how the sensor is mounted into the front bumper, not the centre sensors, the side ones.

I have seen some several aftermarket solutions but I'm not sold on them as yet, I may have to fabricate a mounting assembly if that's what's used.

I have PDC on the old bus as standard but don't wish to start removing the bumper just yet to see what the fitting arrangement is.

all help will be most gratefully received.

rob

Also could really use the outside diameter measurement of the sensor body if possible.

thanks
rob

It has a bracket that's either double sided foam taped in place or plastic welded to inside of bumper mate.

B7 sensors are 22mm iirc.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
It has a bracket that's either double sided foam taped in place or plastic welded to inside of bumper mate.

B7 sensors are 22mm iirc.

Thats excellent Nigel, many thanks .
I can progress onwards with that confirmed info.

Is that taped on bracket an audi part or aftermarket.

These Nigel.
VA544-A-tem4-4.jpg

Thanks Nigel, you've made my day with that info.:icon thumright:
22mm ones appear to be readily available so just need to find some good ones, that's saved me a lot of messing around for sure.

cheers

rob

I've never looked that closely at the sensor mounting bracket Alex, are the OE ones fixed or can they be removed then re-affixed, seems silly to buy more if the OE ones can be reused on another bumper.