PD TUNING REMAP SUNDERLAND

darkside

Reaction score
Anyone had a remap from PD Tuning in Sunderland lately? Want my A3 2.0 TDI remapped wonder if they any good and what kind of gains i can expect?

Not used them myself but a couple of guys on VAGOC speak highly of them, maybe worth a post over there too?

They are REVO agents but also supply their own software as well offering custom mapping using their on site RR.
Apparently pretty knowledgable guys.

Not long back they had a special offer for Stage 1 maps at £299.

Generally speaking +40bhp seems about right for the 20Tdi.

Good luck
Paul

I am in the market for my 2.0tdi to be remapped and was also thinkin of using pd so any info is appreciated...

One happy customer (petrol though) - LINKY I think that google is the way ahead as I know there are other forum reviews about PDT. There is also Triple H Motorsport to consider and Revolution are now Viezu dealers.

hi, just thought i'd share my experience with pdtuning....

I had my 1.9 (105) A3 mapped by them about 5 weeks ago, very please with the results. the owner (dave) seemed to know his stuff and the car performs well now, no excessive smoke, just nice smooth and progressive power (no big 'bang' then nothing). I got my stage 1 remap for £199, this was for one of their own maps (+35bhp & + 60 f/lbs), but did not include a rolling road. they were offering rr & stage 1 for £299, but i asked for remap only and saved £100. my thinknig being i only wanted a generic (& well proven remap), after all the generic map from the factory is not rr'd! The whole progcess took around 2 hrs including a test drive to make sure I was happy. Done 1,500 miles since, mpg slightly better. no clutch slip (97K on clock), all good. :cool:

revo remaps seem to get v good feedback, i know pdtuning are revo agent, but there also several other local tuners in the north east offering revo maps.

One happy customer (petrol though) - LINKY I think that google is the way ahead as I know there are other forum reviews about PDT. There is also Triple H Motorsport to consider and Revolution are now Viezu dealers.

Yep, forgot to mention Triple H.
Spoke to Steve a couple of times and he is a very helpful chap, main thing for me is that he is an enthusiast so understands what the punter wants.

bad place to go pd tuning heard some right horror stories , and he told me you can get a revo remap for the pd 170 tdi engine , which you carnt !

Yeh, he sold me it :(

Installed his own software and told me it was Revo.

I only found out around christmas that you couldnt get a revo for my car :(

I think it was me back then Saying the same thing . My friend got his old s4 done off him , which to be fair is a beast now and I was starting to think maybe I've been told wrong ? . Only to find out off my friend that he had been getting some exhaust work done off a very respected place who told him about a few horror stories , and said he was prob one of the lucky ones as they knew of him stealing a s4 remap from Norway and had probably used that instead of one of his own . He is know for blowing a few peoples engines !! Funny thing is I might have to use him as I don't know anywhere else locally that has a rolling road and I want to see what mine can do ! Lol he carnt mess up a rolling road can he lol

Its actually possible to change the settings on a rolling road unfortunately and i wouldnt pass it by him

lol , typical , do you know of any others round our end ? dont really fancy travelling far just for a rolling road

Im from sunderland and did my research, decided to stay clear of PD and went with angeltuning. over the moon with results.

Alot of people round here swear by John at big fish tuning in Stokesley. He does custom maps and has a rolling road in the pipeline. I've emailed him about mine and he does seem to be knowledgeable. Good prices too.

I must admit, I went to PD Tuning with my car, and even had my Dad's Golf GT TDI done there too and we are both really happy with the results

Guys, this is where you want to go Welcome to Big Fish Tuning! Engine Remapping & Chip Tuning (ECU Remaps) - Middlesbrough/Stockton-on-Tees/Darlington/Teesside

I no its about a 40 minute drive from you but worth it.

I had my 2.0 tdi done by John at bigfish, cost me £225 and its awesome, a custom map.

It now hwas 189bhp at the engine, 162 at the wheels, and 312lbft of torque!

Cant reccomend him high enough, all the guys around my end use him..

I take it your was a 170 standard?

ive had mine remapped im just looking for a decent place up are end to get it rolling roaded !!! mines supposed to be 215- 220bhp and wanna make sure it is ! carnt believe how bad it is to try and get a rolling road up north from a decent place !!!!!!!!

ive had mine remapped im just looking for a decent place up are end to get it rolling roaded !!! mines supposed to be 215- 220bhp and wanna make sure it is ! carnt believe how bad it is to try and get a rolling road up north from a decent place !!!!!!!!

If you just want a power run then try R&P Woods in Heaton.
I was there a while back chatting about Bluefin as they are Superchips agents and they are a very helpful bunch. I have mates which have used them over the years and speak very highly of them too.

Paul

cheers paul , any idea on the prices they charge for this ? im only in whitley bay so ill probably fly up when i get the chance

I wouldnt mind seeing the diagnostic. . . .someones done well if theyve got 189 out of a 140 (or its the motor not standard)

On PD's site they quote 50bhp increase over standard mate

Messaged these this morning and they are brilliant at replying quickly! Quoted me £499 inclusive of VAT, all labour costs and 2 hour dyno tuning session (lifetime warranty too!) seems brilliant - just need to buy an A3 now! LOL

he replied so quick because people keep away from him , ask him why he had to change his name from v-sport , and how all vauxhall drivers love him so much ? lol honest mate keep away from pd tuning , the lads at veedubs in gateshead who have built numerous show cars go all the way to jabba sport for there remaps , just dont wanna see anyones engine go boom !

Here's a message sent to me by a guy off the seatcupra site last year. This is why I didn't entertain pd tuning:

I just thought I would send you a copy of my post since it's been moved into the Revo section.

Well my Revo remap at PDTUNING was a BIG NO NO.
I was booked in for 10 am today so left home at 7.45 this morning to battle through the weather.
Anyway we arrived at the place for 10 am only to find it was closed. I then rang the phone number with no answer then called on the mobile they had contacted me on earlier in the week to be told (I will be along in 5 mins we are just picking some parts up)
I was a bit annoyed that I had driven 90 miles and had arrived on time to find they couldn't even make the effort to turn up on time.
While waiting I noticed there was approx 6 inches of snow infront of the workshop door and no tyre tracks were on it. I started wondering how many cars they actually did tune?
Anyway we spoke again at 10.25 with the (I will be there in a minute speach)
I waited till 10.50 then thought f*ck you I am not sitting waiting for someone to turn up when they feel like it. At the end of the day I was there to pay £468 so did not want f*cked about.
So after 5 hours on the road I returned home without my remap and would never dream of returning to them.
I can't comment on the facilities as I never seen past the door (pretty difficult when they don't turn up)
I have since read reviews on the internet absoloutly slating the place and after today I would agree.
Anyway on the way home I rang Autohaus Edinburgh who seemed very knowledgable and they are going to fit me in this month and will confirm a booking that suits us both.
So all in all a waste of time today but I am pleased I didn't go ahead with PDTUNING