PCV ~ what's an easy test to check it's working?

MrLapou

Reaction score
How can I test to make sure the PCV on a 2009 2.0TFSI CCZ engine with code AUX is working okay?

In the older 2.0TFSi, it was tell tale signs around the oil filler cap and rough running if cap removed.

Unplug the accordian hose from the intake manifold side of the PCV and try blow hard through it. If you're able to get any air through it it's stuffed.

Any picture of this tube?
Here is a picture of my CCZA "TSI" 2.0TFSI engine.

DD9E03EE-B76E-447F-B5C0-176998A8E21F-3359-000001DB045518CD.jpg

The one that comes of the intake manifold at the front of the picture(the black one)

Do you blow against the intake or the head?
How important is it to install a PVC fix for this engine? (read it has been improved on the TSI engine)

Thanks for replies guys.
I think Acheron is saying disconnect the tube that clips on the air intake manifold and blow down it.
Since the manifold is pressurised during boost, no flow should go back past the PCV. If it does boost pressure will be lost.

Cannot remember the OD of valve, but on my MK5 GTi with the older TFSi engine I cut the PCV to manifold pipe and @ for about £20, inserted one of these. Has been working a treat for the past 3 years and 25k miles. May do the same on my current CCZ engine.

Buy Pneumatic Positive Pressure & Vacuum Non Return Valve Function Fittings Pneufit non-return valve,4mm Norgren T50P0004.

R290366 011

Do you blow against the intake or the head?
How important is it to install a PVC fix for this engine? (read it has been improved on the TSI engine)