Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with the pcv valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I replaced mine a few weeks back

Attachments

• 27C263B0-065B-4846-B279-388B7C3DFDA6.jpeg
    27C263B0-065B-4846-B279-388B7C3DFDA6.jpeg
    720.1 KB · Views: 111
My car is running really badly seems like it’s in limp mode and Judders all the time does that seem like a problem with the pcv valve? At first I was told a couple of spark plugs were down so had all them replaced and still have the same problems just a lot worse and since been told there’s a problem with the pcv

Reactions: MikeStrachan
IF you plug it in mine came up misfire on alll four cylinders.

Mine was revving on idle and was shuddering going down the gears.

What I would do is start your engine and try and take your oil cap off if you can’t take it off replace the valve and gasket. I paid 58 quid from vw as it’s the same part. Only takes 20 mins to do or quicker if you don’t have a nightmare of a engine cover to get off.

Yeah sounds like the same problem!! Is it located in the rocker system or something like that? I spoke to Audi and he said it could be a few places

It’s at the front of the engine I’m replacing a few things tonight’s so I’ll take a picture where it located tonight.

Yeah that’s the part number I’ve been told aswell

So I did the oil cap test and I couldn’t remove it so I’ve changed the pcv valve and gasket but it’s still running very badly rough idling so any other ideas what it could be could I have done some serious damage I did drive about 180 miles with it like that back from the airport

IM not too sure as mine was fine after sounded like it needed replaced anyways

Any hoses loose or anything

No nothing loose that I can see it seems better than what it were but still not right

Are you able to get someone to log some data on it?
The VCDS map at the top of the page might help you track down someone local.

I’ve had a bloke put it on a basic machine and it’s saying something about fuel

7e957ba1ad05e243fb6e36e2cf32cfe2.jpg

Just had it on a snap on machine and these came up but when he cleared them the only one that came up was the fuel pressure sensor one

What do you suggest I do then I’m useless at this but the mechanic thinks it could be a fuel pressure sensor I have no idea what to buy and where from

What do you suggest I do then I’m useless at this but the mechanic thinks it could be a fuel pressure sensor I have no idea what to buy and where from

If you trust your mechanic then replace the fuel sensor if not then find somewhere who specialize in Vag cars as they will have a better idea a little more pricey but worth it . If you dont know off any garages in your area put a post up asking if members could tell you off any they have used .

The problem with fault codes is they don't often give you the direct problem, thy guide you in the rough area.
A good mechanic should be able to rule out one or more of the possible issues by process of elimination, and experience.

I think I’m just going to take it to Audi

Its worth putting a post up to see if any the lads on here know off any good garages around where you live as it could save you a pretty penny

All sorted guys thanks for all your help and advice it turns out I needed a new fuel pressure regulator £40 for a Bosch one and fitted it myself so pretty pleased

Reactions: ch1z64, paddy and Daveyonthemove