PCV Valve or Diverter Valve

lavo20

Reaction score
Hi guys,

A few days ago I started my car ('06 S3 8P). When I started it, the revs fluctuated briefly. This made me think my diverter valve is on it's way out. However, while driving, I get intermittent high pitch squeal. The squeal lasts only a few seconds and it's when the engine is warm. It isn't my brakes making the squeal, it's a more centered noise under the bonnet. I'm thinking it could also be the PCV valve with a split diaphragm. Has anyone else had the squeal issue? I know S3 DV's tend to fail evenutally so I may get both of them replaced anyway.

Any help would be awesome,

Cheers,
Alan

More than likely the pcv I have never known a DV make the car tick over strangely or squeal but would be worth checking if your car has one of the revised DV's fitted as they are a lot better than the original with the blue rubber inner's

I say change the PCV valve and I have a DV you can try for a few days to see if it changes anything dude.

If I remember correctly theres a way of checking if the PCV valve is working by removing the oil cap whilst its running....do a search for it ;)

I say change the PCV valve and I have a DV you can try for a few days to see if it changes anything dude.

If I remember correctly theres a way of checking if the PCV valve is working by removing the oil cap whilst its running....do a search for it ;)

Aye, I'll pull the oil cap off when the car is running to see if it comes off. I'll possibly message you tomorrow probably to order a new one. I'll maybe grab the DV off you at the weekend.

Pcv valve has failed and pressurising rocker cover has this yesterday on a tt sounds alot like a brake squeel?

Dave@remaps yes it does sound like break squeal. Tried to remove the oil cap while the car was running and it wouldn't come off so I thought he pcv valve was ok. Apparently not then?

Had this last week mate. It's the PVC. Change the seal with it too

Or just blank the PVC valve of so you never have to worry about it failing again :)

Dave@remaps yes it does sound like break squeal. Tried to remove the oil cap while the car was running and it wouldn't come off so I thought he pcv valve was ok. Apparently not then?
No pcv valve mate check oil level aswell as likely blown oil somewhere from the pressure 40 odd quid from tps with the seal get both seal and pcv