Pcv replacement

Petedavies

Reaction score
Evening ladies and gents, I have had several issues with my b6 and my current problem is oil leaking out the camshaft seal on the front of the engine. I have done quite a bit of research and it seems as though it is the pcv could be worn, I have done the known tests whilst running e.g. Pulling dipstick out and if no engine note change it's the pcv failed, also pressure behind the oil filler cap and residue around it etc. I wanted to ask whether someone could help me find the part number and how to replace it? My car is a 2004 1.8t 190 avant. If someone could help I'd really appreciate it.

I've literally just replaced my cam cover gaskets on my V6 because they were leaking, however I had a leak around the spark plugs and round the outside so figured the gasket must be gone, only after did I realise it might be the PCV so I'll replace that also. If yours is leaking you might as well replace the cam cover gasket as well as the PCV system.

This is the PCV system;

You'll want to replace from the valve, number 20 through to the air intake, number 36, parts you'll need are listed below

06A129101 A/D (D will supersede A) PCV Valve
06B103221G Vent Hose
06B103213T Breather line
06B103493M Air Hose
There is one more vent hose, an elbow but can't find the part number. Number 36 on diagram

In addition to that I would get new gasket set, and if not been done for a while spark plugs too
Both these gaskets are elring, standard OEM for Audi, just without 4 rings printed on it and a price hike
Euro car parts always have discount on so make sure you order online, you can collect in store but they can't apply the same discount as online does.

Outer gasket - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...e3d479df94d749d735fdf3db0502b767dc2827&000541
Inner gasket - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...ab06247bf6df9236d991a9ae60f43ef5f13fe1&000541
Spark plug - http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...9c8d355f0573b1bc60e6736ce6d134461e3cf6&000301

If you're nearby and want some help just shout fella! :)

Wow thanks for your help it's really appreciated, I have fitted 2 rocker cover gaskets on the car in the past 4 months, first one was a Euro car parts, that split and oil poured out the front, so I bite the bullet and paid 38 quid for a genuine one since then it's been perfect, I had the exact same issue on my b6 cab i had. I do think it is just the pcv so I will order the part and start from there. Have you done the checks for the pcv? I'm in north wales where are you?

Wow thanks for your help it's really appreciated, I have fitted 2 rocker cover gaskets on the car in the past 4 months, first one was a Euro car parts, that split and oil poured out the front, so I bite the bullet and paid 38 quid for a genuine one since then it's been perfect, I had the exact same issue on my b6 cab i had. I do think it is just the pcv so I will order the part and start from there. Have you done the checks for the pcv? I'm in north wales where are you?

You're welcome mate, took me hours of searching to sort parts for my car, but once I found the website (realoem.online) it was much easier, but there's two V6 engines and they're really similar, apart from the PCV system haha!!
If you've had two valve cover gaskets fail then yeah i'd replace PCV system, or delete it (but you get a funky burning oil smell in the cabin).
I know my PCV needs replacing as my breather pipe is split in half, so just gonna replace it anyway, doesn't cost much (from china). I'll probably get the valve from Audi as it doesn't exist anywhere else but the piping is just plastic tubing, that can come for china, £10 instead of £30-£40 a pipe.
I'm in Essex, not exactly close to North Wales I'm afraid!

If you have pressure behind oil filler cap then pcv is ok , if its faulty the filler cap will be sucked down and hard to remove when the motors running!

It could be the PRV valve as the bleeds off boost blow by and if its faulty it wont be releasing the pressure.
It is at the back end of the rocker cover , 2 pipes 90 degrees and looks like the starship enterprise.