Pcv pipes oem

Bullseye

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of the pcv pipes are leaking and looking to replace with original pipes not a catch can setup. Has anyone found any online? I can only find the odd part /pipe! Also the milltek cat is starting to rattle now and more than likely a direct result from this. Failed emissions and long-term fuel trims were high.

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

With regards to PCV pipes. Don’t bother replacing for OEM if I was you, it’s your choice of course. Back when I first bought the my car and looked into replacing them, all the pipework, check valve, etc came to around £230?!?!

Replace the critical parts, the plastic elbow coming out of the block being the main one, buy OEM as my experience, cheap ones snap easily.

Then buy some 19mm ID silicone pipe, some high grip jubilee clips, a 19mm T-piece and a couple elbows.

I would personally get a catch can, capture all the crap before it goes back into your TIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydro s3, Bullseye, danny_dj3 and 1 other person
Cloude 9 on facebook do a billet crank breather elbow, you'll never have to replace it again.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bullseye
Thanks very much for replies. I will look into the silicone piping. Never thought of forge for the pipes. I've seen that adaptor replacement alright, might aswell change it while I'm in there!

Reactions: MPH
Thanks very much for replies. I will look into the silicone piping. Never thought of forge for the pipes. I've seen that adaptor replacement alright, might aswell change it while I'm in there!
There is a silicone breather pipe available if you don't fancy the cloud nine one

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If you want to save a little more money, I wouldn’t necessarily go with forge. I’ve recently changed all my catch can pipework and went with a 5 ply black silicone hose from ASH silicone hoses. Plenty of alternatives out there, you should only need about 1 metres length, depending on your catch can location of course.

If you want to save a little more money, I wouldn’t necessarily go with forge. I’ve recently changed all my catch can pipework and went with a 5 ply black silicone hose from ASH silicone hoses. Plenty of alternatives out there, you should only need about 1 metres length, depending on your catch can location of course.

Thanks will look into that. Do you have to empty the catch can often? That's what's putting me off! I would forget to empty it!

Thanks will look into that. Do you have to empty the catch can often? That's what's putting me off! I would forget to empty it!

I use my car probably 2-3 times a week covering around 300 miles in total. I empty it every week as part of my checks and there isn’t a huge amount that comes out. I’ve got a 600ml catch can. I’d say based on that maybe 50-80ml per 300 mile drive.

I use my car probably 2-3 times a week covering around 300 miles in total. I empty it every week as part of my checks and there isn’t a huge amount that comes out. I’ve got a 600ml catch can. I’d say based on that maybe 50-80ml per 300 mile drive.

That doesn't sound too bad, thanks.

I got one of those billet crank case breather from cloud 9 customs. Yet to fit it but when I do it will be one less thing to break.
Would definitely fit a catch can at the same time if I was you @Bullseye

What catch cans are people using..and will definitely be buying the bullet crank case breather aswell

Thanks to all for advice. I got a cloud 9 catch can set up and replaced it yesterday. Almost every pipe was leaking/broken or about to break so a worthwhile job! Good kit too as everything was in it. Still seems to have a boost leak but at least making some headway now,the case continues!!

Reactions: MPH and Asim1