PCP Guaranteed Residual Values

Langer

Reaction score
Hello All

I am looking to buy an Audi A3 Sportback 1.4 COD and like the thread title says am purchasing it on a PCP.

I got a couple of finance quotes from the dealer and was surprised that the GRV of the car after three years and 30,000 miles was the same for both the car with no options and with loads ticked. This is different to BMW as almost all options increase the GRV and therefore reduce your monthly repayments.

Can anyone let me know if this is something they have noticed or in fact what their GRV is?

Also, I assume that everyone is getting 6.6% APR?

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the end value. Its basically the lowest your car could potentially be worth. In the real world your car will be worth anything up to 2 or 3 grand more than the final value. I couldn't even tell you what mine is. All I'm concerned about is getting a good 'trade-in' in a couple of years time rather than paying the final value.

Mine is a lease car, and I noticed that the extras didn't increase the monthly payment as much as similarly priced extras on the Golf (my second choice). I rightly or wrongly assumed it wes because the extras increased the residual more in the Audi

My A3 cost more than the similarly specced golf I looked at but the monthly price was actually cheaper. I'm assuming that was to do with the GRV but I'm really not sure.

My A3 cost more than the similarly specced golf I looked at but the monthly price was actually cheaper. I'm assuming that was to do with the GRV but I'm really not sure.

My wife recently purchased an Audi A1 using a PCP and the overall and monthly cost worked out cheaper than a similarly spec'd Polo. Again the dealer said it was because the A1 held is price better than a Polo.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. The Golf was nearly £700 cheaper on paper if memory serves but the payments worked out more. Can't recall the actual GRV though.

Yeah I guess that makes sense. The Golf was nearly £700 cheaper on paper if memory serves but the payments worked out more. Can't recall the actual GRV though.

Depends on the model. The same as I have at the moment - A3 2.0TDI DSG SE Sportback would be a basic cost of £23,605 and Golf
5-door 2.0TDI DSG SE would be £23,430. One £175 pounds difference. But to bring them both up to the same spec as my existing car the A3 would required £5,759 worth of options whereas the Golf would only need £3,704, because the Golf has items as standard and some of the same options are cheaper on the Golf.

Depends on the model. The same as I have at the moment - A3 2.0TDI DSG SE Sportback would be a basic cost of £23,605 and Golf
5-door 2.0TDI DSG SE would be £23,430. One £175 pounds difference. But to bring them both up to the same spec as my existing car the A3 would required £5,759 worth of options whereas the Golf would only need £3,704, because the Golf has items as standard and some of the same options are cheaper on the Golf.

And what were the respective PCP monthly payments of the two?

And what were the respective PCP monthly payments of the two?

Don't know because I've not asked. The price compare was just that. As my existing A3 is only just over a year old I will not be changing for at least another couple of years. Two more years of driving an A3 that I like!