PCP and servicing

martyboy

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Hi guys, had my car a year now on PCP and my "oil change due" alert has appeared, I'm at nearly 10000 miles.
Now I was wondering who is required to do this first service, does it need to be Audi or could I use any decent garage to do it? How would this affect my warranty and my GFV?
Thanks

Any Audi dealer. Anywhere else and it invalidates your warranty.
How you are paying for the car is irrelevant.

Reactions: martyboy
It's that Pesky EU again ;)

The EU Block Exemption Regulations now mean that you are no longer tied to the manufacturer or dealer for your regular servicing.

But in order to preserve your manufacturers warranty, whoever services your car has to follow the procedure and recommendations laid down by the manufacturer, and proof provided. So they have to use genuine Audi parts, provide receipts of this, and demonstrate that they have followed the service procedures. A documented receipt from a VAT registered independent garage with genuine parts receipts attached is normally sufficient.

However - whilst you may be getting your oil and filter changed, it is very unlikely that Joe Back Street garage will have all the equipment necessary required to update your FW SW in the modules in your car, that an Audi dealer would have. An Indy will also not necessarily be aware of the TSB's either.

There would also be no record of the service on the Digital Service System used by Audi dealers.

More in the FAQ:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...-on-the-8v-chassis.198794/page-2#post-2288944

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/warranty-servicing/

Last edited:
Any garage can do it, the only stipulation is they must use original Audi parts to keep your warranty intact, so keep your receipts.
But when looking at purchasing a second hand car I do like to see a full Audi service history hence why i have just had mine done from an Audi dealer, which is more expensive but not too bad really.

Totally up to you mate.

And there is also the situation after your warranty expires. If you are asking Audi to contribute towards something post-warranty they are more likely to look favourably on it if you've had the car serviced within the Audi network.

Trouble is not all Audi dealers are in the price match scheme.. rang my local Audi dealer to book in service/oil change and found out that they don't participate in the scheme anymore (they did the previous year). Claimed that people were not giving appropriate quotes and they were chasing too much.. hah.. proof to me that they overcharge on servicing (or more specifically labour)

Just rang a different dealer who do the match (first thing I checked), so provided the indy quote holds up (and I have no doubt it will), I will have service/oil change for £157 compared to £295 (Audi std price). Only annoyance is they are charging £15 for a courtesy car - they do mention that the car is free, apparently its for the insurance as it "lowers" the excess they place on the insurance - not quite sure I believe, but even allowing for this, I'm still £123 better off!

It's peace of mind for me and it will make difference come sale time. £150 saved at the time of a service will easily be clawed back come sale time.
I know I wouldn't buy a car without full dealer service history........

Reactions: S32B and martyboy
my car on pcp im planning on keeping on to it
am i ok to "mod" it ???

fancy some coilovers .not worried about the warrenty my car only gets used at weekends
if its dry. :)

Interesting view that. Each to their own though.

You can do what you like then :)

As long as you are going to keep the vehicle then I see no problem, however if you are going to give the car back then just make sure the car is returned to stock prior to going back to the dealership.

I saw a thread I believe on here but may be one I found when researching magride and the chap was having the springs changed. Pictures showed the garage going it.

So that would suggest you could do the springs, but I would suspect that would be it no coilovers etc.

You Should be a work..... Lol Springs only, any more and you will loose the Mag ride.

Trouble is not all Audi dealers are in the price match scheme.. rang my local Audi dealer to book in service/oil change and found out that they don't participate in the scheme anymore (they did the previous year). Claimed that people were not giving appropriate quotes and they were chasing too much.. hah.. proof to me that they overcharge on servicing (or more specifically labour)

Just rang a different dealer who do the match (first thing I checked), so provided the indy quote holds up (and I have no doubt it will), I will have service/oil change for £157 compared to £295 (Audi std price). Only annoyance is they are charging £15 for a courtesy car - they do mention that the car is free, apparently its for the insurance as it "lowers" the excess they place on the insurance - not quite sure I believe, but even allowing for this, I'm still £123 better off!

When having previous cars serviced they allow you to drive their cars on your own insurance providing you have a cover note but for the hassle and admin costs I'd rather pay the £15. Also I do wonder how strictly this in enforced, my last car albeit a Citroen DS3 when it went in for service they said on the phone it would be £15 a day but when I arrived and paid being honest I said that I had been undercharged and they said they don't actually charge for it as the cost price is so low and it good for customer service.