Passenger Side Mirror

crag364uk

Reaction score
Hi all,

My passenger side mirror is not heated like my driver side one. Is this common on the A5? Its really annoying this time of year. Is it easy enough to swap this out for a heated one?

Thanks,

Craig

I've never known only one to be heated, have you checked the wires are connected behind the glass?

I am fairly sure there is only a heater line going through the driver side one. I will double check later on when I can get out to take a look though.

The line is not the heater, it shows the curve of the mirror for the blind spot.

The heater is invisible on the mirror other than 1. It working and being warm to the touch and 2. The connections on the back (spade connections, if you have dimming too there is a connection block for that).

Hi all,

My passenger side mirror is not heated like my driver side one. Is this common on the A5? Its really annoying this time of year. Is it easy enough to swap this out for a heated one?

Thanks,

Craig
As others have said both are heated, I use mine when they are covered in little raid drops to clear them.

Thanks all. Its defiantly not working, and never has since I purchased the car. I have took the mirror out and your right it is heated, its plugged in but not working. I have it booked in for a oil change in a couple of weeks so will get them to replace it all being well.

Reactions: S32B
If you do a scan it will tell you if there is a fault with the mirrors. The car will detect an open circuit.

You will need a tool. VCDS(expensive) or OBDeleven(£40 if you just want scanning).

OBDeleven dongle along with an android phone for the app will allow you to scan every module in the car.

It picked out an open circuit in my Audi A4 B8 for a non working heated mirror glass and an open circuit in one of my speakers that I didn't even know was broken.

I only say this as it sounded like you were just going to replace rather than see what faults there might be.

If you visit the VCDS part of the forum and ask you might well be able to find somebody who will run a quick scan for you and let you know if you have any faults.

For the relatively cheap cost of OBDeleven it will allow you to keep on top of any faults so you get no surprises or allow garages to perhaps be less then fully honest when they tell you what's wrong with your car. Not that any garages would ever do such a thing.

Lots of info available on OBDeleven with a simple Google search, so I'll let you decide if it has any benefits for you.

Or you could be greedy and have VCDS, OBD11, VCP and ODIS....... or is that obsessed?

Reactions: MuPPeT_ON_TouR
Initially I thought yes... But you didn't mention having Carista so I'm thinking your not really trying after all.

Reactions: DarkyUK