Irene

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct thread but could not find an A3 Cabriolet s line thread.
My passenger door is locked. I have found other threads mentioning this problem but non of them are fully locked. It seems like the electrics to the passenger side are the issue. Mirrors won't work,windows wont work, roof will not drop ( I guess because the windows are not working) . Cannot get at the electrics as the door will not open with Key nor manually from inside or out. Any ideas please???

Sounds like the wiring has broken, I've repaired numerous ones with this, actually one the other day as it happens.

Whereabouts are you located?

Reactions: punkyrudeboy and pburv
Hi @NHN I am in St Helens Merseyside. I thought it was electrics ,but as they are inside the door and it will not open I was a bit stuck. Fuses are all ok etc.

Sounds like the wiring has broken, I've repaired numerous ones with this, actually one the other day as it happens.

Whereabouts are you located?
Replied in the wrong place . I am in St Helens Merseyside. Electrics was my thought, all fuses are ok etc, but the electrics are in the door and post so cannot get at them because the door will not open at all, with keyfob nor manually from inside or out, so bit stuck.

Not sure if this is the correct thread but could not find an A3 Cabriolet s line thread.
My passenger door is locked. I have found other threads mentioning this problem but non of them are fully locked. It seems like the electrics to the passenger side are the issue. Mirrors won't work,windows wont work, roof will not drop ( I guess because the windows are not working) . Cannot get at the electrics as the door will not open with Key nor manually from inside or out. Any ideas please???
Does it manually open however?

I had the same exact problem. In extreme temperature changes the black plastic retainer for the locking actuator broke. It would literally not open no matter how hard I tried because the right angle fork could not pivot 90 degrees towards me. It would go like 35 which was not enough to open the door.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Does it manually open however?

I had the same exact problem. In extreme temperature changes the black plastic retainer for the locking actuator broke. It would literally not open no matter how hard I tried because the right angle fork could not pivot 90 degrees towards me. It would go like 35 which was not enough to open the door.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply it will not open manually either, I have had it on a diagnostic since I posted and it seems the ECU message is not getting to the left hand side of the vehicle. So as I have only had it 2 months I am hoping the garage will take a look, although the ECU is one of the things not included in what was only a 1 month warranty , but then I am hoping consumer act will cover it as at the moment it is a 1 seat car rather than a 4 seat cabriolet :-(

Last edited:
Got exactly the same issue as the OP; been mugged off by a couple of places who do the diags (apparently no connection to passenger side of the car in short) and then shrug their shoulders. Need help!
Based in the Home Counties (Bucks).

Got exactly the same issue as the OP; been mugged off by a couple of places who do the diags (apparently no connection to passenger side of the car in short) and then shrug their shoulders. Need help!
Based in the Home Counties (Bucks).
Just a follow up on this - the issue is now resolved. Multiple faults but all fixed thanks to the sterling work of @NHN

Reactions: JohnM100