Passenger door fault

D4YEW

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2007 s3, I am currently having a intermittent fault with my passenger door, some times when I press the fob twice the passenger door will not unlock , I can carry on pressing and it still will not do anything , meaning I have to let my girlfriend in via the handle inside the car, next day it will work fine ? any ideas. Thanks in advance

Have you had it scanned for faults using VCDS? This is always the first port of call.

A scan with VCDS will tell you if you have intermittent communication with any of the door control modules. 8P has a common problem with the door wiring harness getting pinched and wires broken inside the rubber door wiring boot. I had this on the front door, but the rear was the one that was affected due to them being daisy chained. Anyway, lots of info on this if you search.

If wiring is not an issue, then its time to look at lock module itself.

A scan with VCDS will tell you if you have intermittent communication with any of the door control modules. 8P has a common problem with the door wiring harness getting pinched and wires broken inside the rubber door wiring boot. I had this on the front door, but the rear was the one that was affected due to them being daisy chained. Anyway, lots of info on this if you search.

If wiring is not an issue, then its time to look at lock module itself.

I'm having the same problem with my passenger door but haven't got around to looking at it yet. This is what VCDS says

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
Part No SW: 8P0 959 802 J HW: 8P0 959 802 J
Component: Tuer-SG H03 0060
Coding: 0004732
Shop #: WSC 06314 000 00000
VCID: 4382C60D02AB3339329-8016

2 Faults Found:
01553 - Motor for Central Locking; Passenger Door (V57); Lock
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit
00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
008 - Implausible Signal

Is this likely to be the wiring or the locking module??

Ross

This might help (from http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00929)

00929 - Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221): Implausible Signal
Possible Symptoms
  • Door Locks not working properly
Possible Causes
  • Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) faulty
  • Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) faulty
  • Door Lock Mechanics are stiff/partially seized
  • Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221) faulty
Possible Solutions
  • Check Wiring/Connectors from/to Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
  • Check Voltage Supply for Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)
  • Check Door Lock Mechanics/Operation
  • Check Locking Module for Central Locking; Front Passenger Side (F221)

So going by that, I'd start by doing the cheap/free bits first like checking wiring to the module between the pillar and door, then if that brings no results check that the locking mechanism is properly lubricated, etc.

Hopefuly, it's just a wiring break, which is a simple fix with a soldering iron or replacing the wiring harness for the door, chi will be around 100GBP.