Parts Request Discount

norad97

Reaction score
I made a parts request for a part, Crewe Audi on this forum quoted £217.00 incl postage.
My local Audi dealer Quoted £219.00 and VW dealer Quoted £219.00.

So where is the discount from Crewe Audi ??

Anyone recommended another supplier, I found LLL Parts online who supply genuine parts for under £200.

Given delivery was included, then I'd assume you got a discount, dealers don't have allot of room to work with on parts, which is dictated by Audi themselves not the dealers.

I assume dealer price quoted was for collection only?

Given delivery was included, then I'd assume you got a discount, dealers don't have allot of room to work with on parts, which is dictated by Audi themselves not the dealers.

I assume dealer price quoted was for collection only?
Yes, collection from local Dealer, but I still dont think we are getting a good discount, or what is the discount?

Out of interest what was the part?

Reactions: NHN
Yes, collection from local Dealer, but I still dont think we are getting a good discount, or what is the discount?
Discount is a discount, you won't get 20+% is just not possible on majority of the parts Audi sell.

I guess it's £2 cheaper & delivered to your door, convenience has it's worth too.

Discount is a discount, you won't get 20+% is just not possible on majority of the parts Audi sell.

I guess it's £2 cheaper & delivered to your door, convenience has it's worth too.
Shame TPS stopped selling to the public.

If it was 06F 115 397 K you’re being quoted for then they aren’t too far away and you are indeed getting discount off retail and £217 posted (roughly ~£10 postage?) isn’t too bad considering.

if you can get it cheaper online, great but watch for postage and any other fees if buying from Europe/RoW.

Reactions: NHN
Found this company LLL Parts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230103-200537_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230103-200537_Chrome.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 62
My mechanic is a family friend, I’ve been going to him for years for all the stuff I can’t do.
I asked him to ring TPS & ECP last time I was at the garage to get a price on some injectors, with no mark up for him x4 S3 injectors were only £35 cheaper than the price I’d got from Crewe Audi and they were already £15 cheaper than Sytner Audi in Notts.
I guess it all depends on the part but margins on the genuine OEM stuff seem quite tight.
Free delivery is always a bonus, especially with rising courier costs these days.

Reactions: Charlie Farley
FYI - Just because someone has a TPS account doesn't mean they're getting great discount

TPS Staff have ability to discount beyond initial price and will, like any decent parts supplier

I noticed this once I got my own account (new). Now I just order on a friends (years old) account and do counter collection

TPS in aberdeen will still sell to public over the phone. I’m about 45 minutes from tps, so they just stick it on a van and drop off at a garage 3 miles away from me. recently bought oem discs and pads for my T6 and prices were roughly the same as best deal online for aftermarket.

Reactions: Sidrick