Parts needed to retrofit cruise control?

mikejclark

Reaction score
Hello all.
My apologies if this has been asked a 1000+ times but I am not sure what is needed for my A3 variant.

I have an A3 8PA 2007 Sportback 170bhp and I would like to fit cruise control.
It has multifunction display and trip computer controlled from the right hand stalk, but does not have a multifunction steering wheel.
Is there anyway to determine what is needed before I embark on this mission? i.e. any extra modules, cables, etc. Or do I just need the stalk?
I have access to VCDS if need be.

Will this stalk fit? The seller is nearby to me and I can pick up straight away.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201436237616?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
PN: 8P0 953 513
Thanks a bunch

We can supply/fit cc if you're interested, warranted & all fitted professionally, pm for more information.

We can supply/fit cc if you're interested, warranted & all fitted professionally, pm for more information.
Thanks. Potentially might need your service if too much for me to take on, but for now I am just after information...

I think you need to use your VCDS to identify if your car is compatible to add the stalk on.

Not at all. £25 total for the stalk and lower cowel. Just went to a nearby breakers - the link in my first post- and got both from an Audi they were dismantling. If you're doing the same you need to check what steering module you have. Needs to be at minimum a midline. Easiest way to check without vcds is to remove lower cowel and get the part number inc suffix, then cross ref this with the list of compatible modules