Part number requests more common now for Service Price Match?

smk82

Reaction score
Just put my wifes A1 in for an oil change today. Did the usual Service Price match, quote states as usual that all Genuine Audi parts used blah blah.. offered to email it to them, and they said just bring it in on the day. So wife turns up to drop the car off, and now they are saying that they won't honour what they had agreed without specific part numbers for the sump plug, oil filter, oil grade and quantity and confirmation that a full inspection service is included in the quote!

Then to top it off, the courtesy car they had arranged for her was an auto A6 (when I had stated specifically that she would only be happy with a smaller A1/A3 ideally as she was a fairly nervous driver) - I know that isn't always possible but you would think they would make an effort!

I've done this price match on my own A3 several times before and never had this much hassle. Going to email the indie now for the part numbers, but not expecting any joy on it. Fortunately as the wifes car is 6 years old the price for an inspection service/oil change is only about £30 more than the quote but its the hassle and principle that I'm objecting to!

So I thought I'd put the question out there - is the part number thing being more common now? (I know they have the right to check all quotes, but to make things more awkward from the start suggests they don't even want the business!)

Will tell the wife to go elsewhere next time I think (or go indie from the start!)

thanks Sandra,

busy looking through them now to identify the specific part numbers..
looks like
Oil filter: 03C115561D
Oil Sump plug N9088901
Oil 5W-40 VW50200 G052167M4 5L worth..

For those with more engine experience than me, these are correct? Wifes car has a 185ps engine, code CAVG or CTHG..