part no please?

nobbybonez

Reaction score
hi, just wondering if anyone could identify this for me please, '01 s3
i have had a look through the parts database, but soo many pipes etc...
what effect is this going to have?

Attachments

• DSC_0125_1.JPG
    DSC_0125_1.JPG
    552.7 KB · Views: 107
It looks to be pcv-related... also, I think there's a hole in the vacuum hose going to your FPR...

Part number will be on it... failing that look at the part numbers site linked to in the stickies

<tuffty/>

i did look in the database, but struggled to find it. i will make more effort :p
the vac pipe hole, do you mean here?

Attachments

• DSC_0125_1.JPG
    DSC_0125_1.JPG
    554.4 KB · Views: 101
Yes... thats the plastic pipe that comes from the block breather of the PCV to the 3 way rubber hose on the cam cover... part number will be on it and from memory costs around £35 from a dealer/TPS

Appreciate that the parts system is a bit of a minefield but its based off ETKA as used by the dealer so if you get your head around it all will come good

http://www.partsbase.org/audi/audi-...01-10385-ventilation-for-cylinder-head-cover/

<tuffty/>

thanks tuffty, you're a gem. i will have a proper good look. i know its not meant to be split, but will it cause problems with running.
erik, there was indeed a hole there, well done eagle eyes :D

excuse all my questions, new to s3, picked one up yesterday so i'm sure there will be a few more...

Leaky PCV pipes and vacuum lines will cause running issues due to metered air leaking out at boost, and unmetered air being sucked in at vacuum... because the ECU relies a lot on the MAF (mass-airflow meter) any loss or gain or air will throw it off, especially with fuelling.

Before spending money on expensive pipes to fix a crappy system, have a look here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...catch-can-and-simplify-the-pcv-system.118021/

Most people just bin off the over-complicated PCV system and fit a catch can

excuse ignorance, think i understand the catch can, collects oil vapour and keeps rather than recycling into intake?
how often would i end up emptying the catch can, is it an ****?

i have also found splits in the 3way pipe coming off the rocker cover so might make sense to go down this route...

Correct, it condenses the oil vapour and sends clean(er) air out the other side, which can be vented to open air (technically illegal I believe) or into the 'hockeypuck' PCV valve.

How much it catches and how hard it is to drain is entirely up to which one you buy... If you want it to catch most of the oil, get one which is internally baffled at least, and preferably has some form of filtration medium inside. These will be more expensive, but will be better designed products. Saikou Michi ones are pretty well-known, good quality catch cans, I believe.