Part Exchange Numbers - ADVICE NEEDED

They always back down !!!!

Just had a call from them (Not my sales guy ....my business manager). I am due to go in to see my BM tomorrow and he wanted to know how I had decided to pay for the additional required money. HAHA.....I explained that I had made my view on this clear in an email to my SG. He wasn't aware of this and came out with the same drivel that my SG did "You've had such a good deal so far we cannot do any further discount" ...... I then explained my contract and what it stated about part ex .......He then stated that there was another copy of my contract printed after the one I had signed (This was because I asked for the non-smoking pack) and apparently on this order form it stated "Part ex figures to be reviewed closer to the time" ......I have never seen this document ....I have not signed it ......and wasn't even aware it existed. I told him I was disappointed that we are having to have this discussion at this stage of the sale and that I am not paying the difference.

He has gone to speak to the sales manager.

Hahaha, yeah I had the same thing. When they knocked me down it was 'oh but it's such a good deal, we are being more than fair'

NO, they are being fair when they give me that original deal, not mess it around. As I said, I just said the deal is off and it soon changed their minds. Keep at it bud

EDIT: just read the post after that one, glad you got it in the end, exactly what happened to me

Reactions: David83S3
By why do they **** around. When you buy a house you dont pay more for it when you exchange contracts due to the house price going up.

Same as food doesn't get cheaper as you took it out the fridge in the supermarket and walked around with it for 2 hours before paying for it.

A deal is a deal. I would have just cancelled out of principle of being tossed around and gone elsewhere. I just HATE being jerked about. Don't Audi realise that people have better things to do with their time other than engaging in their petty games.

Reactions: David83S3
Also
By why do they **** around. When you buy a house you dont pay more for it when you exchange contracts due to the house price going up.

Same as food doesn't get cheaper as you took it out the fridge in the supermarket and walked around with it for 2 hours before paying for it.

A deal is a deal. I would have just cancelled out of principle of being tossed around and gone elsewhere. I just HATE being jerked about. Don't Audi realise that people have better things to do with their time other than engaging in their petty games.

I don't mind a bit of haggling ....I actually enjoy the challenge!! But I feel this "Trick" was taking it a bit too far and has made me think twice about going back to Northampton Audi for my next car (Which I am sure will be another Audi). ...That being said if they give me good customer service from now on .....and a good deal on my Audi service package ....and continued good customer service through the life of the vehicle ...I will go back :)

OK...... so I thought I would play the sympathy card and just sent them this email .....

Good Morning both
I just wanted to thank you both for agreeing to keep the deal as we had already agreed. I must state though that it has put a black mark on my new customer experience. Lets hope the rest of the handover process goes well and I regain some confidence in Northampton Audi being able to provide me with the service I would expect from the Audi brand. I am very happy to hear I am able to have a showroom handover and look forward to being able to shake both your hands and start enjoying my car.

Kind Regards
David Northen

....I am thinking a few extra handover gifts maybe ....? ...Or nothing .....He who dares Rodney....He who dares!!!! :thumbs up:

Reactions: lucas-suisse
Does this seem a long time ago now?! And did you get lots of handover goodies?

HA ....yes it does !! ....and the handover gifts were adequate in my opinion >>>

TmpPhoto

Reactions: mister.c.