Part-ex New Car Delay Issue - advice appreciated

Alexander Thomson

Reaction score
Ordered new S4 back at the end of March, given order number that didn't work for 6 weeks with my details, phoned cust services and dealer provided a different order number, with a build week 4 weeks later that originally set. This has resulted in my trade in now needing an MOT right before we take delivery of the new car. I've emailed the dealer to ask what happens in this case, nothing back so far.

- Anyone else experienced this?
- Is it reasonable to expect Audi to do anything to cover\compensate here?
- Worth noting that I've got it in writing that the deal was accepted based on a "June Delivery" (part-ex MOT is 2/7)
- Current BW is 25 (19th June) with an order date of 23/3. BW of original order # was 21.

Any thoughts\experiences appreciated. Thanks!

Ask for a courtesy car to cover you from the MOT date to delivery date. On a plus point your are now getting a MY18 car not a MY17.

Ask for a courtesy car to cover you from the MOT date to delivery date. On a plus point your are now getting a MY18 car not a MY17.

Thanks ad72 - good idea. I know, MY18 update is a bonus, although not much tangible change for us as we'd specced the 19s and flat bottom anyway; did result in a few pennies back, which is nice.